or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 349

post #5221 of 14863
^^
Bulldogs short? I have Setters...

(Where do you get them dirt cheap, btw?)
post #5222 of 14863
i still have the same A&F swimtrunks from HS peepwall[1].gif
post #5223 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Scored two more Borrelli's. My light gray shirting game needed a bump:
582582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Where did you get those from, mate, the tags look odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

On all of the Borrelli shirts I have the tag string was held together with a little gold tin thing like this.

350x331px-LL-9f70bc05_11-15BorrelliPinkfull-Final.jpeg

Quick update for anyone interested - I got them today and, while they don't have the gold string clasp and the full Borrelli "booklet" tag - instead of the full normal 10 page or so booklet, they're a foldout card but with an abbreviated version of the full booklet's verbiage - everything else about them seems legit. The packaging is correct - Borrelli plastic sleeve, Borrelli carboard backing, Borrelli tissue paper, Borrelli strap around the waist of the shirt. And all the construction seems on par - thick, concave topped mother of pearl buttons (hand sewn on), LB gussets, dense single needle stitching, and I'm pretty sure it's still handwork at the sleeve/shoulder, collar, and yoke (not sure about the bottom of the placket).

Only one oddiity - the light gray does have the Fornitori Della Real Casa square tag on the inside of the placket at the bottom (like the rest of my Borrelli's have) but the check shirt does not.

All that said, I'm chalking them up to different price points and/or markets, but still legit. Regardless, they're fantastic shirts - I'm keeping 'em!

ps - not affiliated with the seller, but consider this a plug. And he shipped them within, what, 2 hours of my buying them? Maybe just coincidence, but I'm happy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5224 of 14863

No shoe trees but ill live! Sutor's from STF.

 

IMG_20120706_180924.jpg

post #5225 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Quick update for anyone interested - I got them today and, while they don't have the gold string clasp and the full Borrelli "booklet" tag - instead of the full normal 10 page or so booklet, they're a foldout card but with an abbreviated version of the full booklet's verbiage - everything else about them seems legit. The packaging is correct - Borrelli plastic sleeve, Borrelli carboard backing, Borrelli tissue paper, Borrelli strap around the waist of the shirt. And all the construction seems on par - thick, concave topped mother of pearl buttons (hand sewn on), LB gussets, dense single needle stitching, and I'm pretty sure it's still handwork at the sleeve/shoulder, collar, and yoke (not sure about the bottom of the placket).
Only one oddiity - the light gray does have the Fornitori Della Real Casa square tag on the inside of the placket at the bottom (like the rest of my Borrelli's have) but the check shirt does not.
All that said, I'm chalking them up to different price points and/or markets, but still legit. Regardless, they're fantastic shirts - I'm keeping 'em!
ps - not affiliated with the seller, but consider this a plug. And he shipped them within, what, 2 hours of my buying them? Maybe just coincidence, but I'm happy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sounds good. glad you worked that out.
post #5226 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

No shoe trees but ill live! Sutor's from STF.

350x263px-LL-8ba26a53_IMG_20120706_180924.jpeg

noice! now get some trees STAT!

i like the AE cedar trees for 19.99 and free shipping.
post #5227 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

^^
Bulldogs short? I have Setters...
(Where do you get them dirt cheap, btw?)

I get my PRL ones for dirt cheap, not Orlebars. But I recently bought a pair of PRL in the Mr. Porter sale for $35 (from $150) and a pair at Bloomingdale's RL store for $30 (from $125).
post #5228 of 14863
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Orlebar-Brown-Bulldog-Swim-Shorts-Mazanine-Apparel/prod144260055/?ecid=NMCIGoogleProductAds&ci_sku=prod144260055skuMAZNNE&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=%7Bkeyword%7D

I don't know man, these things just don't look very comfy...thats what i liked about the VB, they were short enough but still comfortable. I have a few other pairs, Acquarosso and an Etro that are pretty short, but again, comfortable to wear. I wore my blue ones today and liked them very much...
Warning: Bathing Suit Fit Pic (Click to show)
2267f947-1.jpg
post #5229 of 14863
These are not the ones that show a subtle pattern when they get wet, are they?
post #5230 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

These are not the ones that show a subtle pattern when they get wet, are they?

Don't know honestly, but they're wet there.
post #5231 of 14863
The local haberdasher had them last season. I liked the idea a lot. They're very simple like yours, i.e. solid color, but when they get wet, they show a very subtle pattern (e.g. tortoises). Worked well (I ordered one pair and tried it out but ultimately decided against them because I don't go swimming that often). Anyway, enjoy yours!

Something along the line of these: http://www.vilebrequinonlinestore.com/catalog/product/view/id/1736/s/seahorse-water-reactive/category/10/ (but no picture actually showing the seahorses.. d'oh).
post #5232 of 14863
You spent over 100 bucks on swim trunks and say you are indifferent?

I need a good suede brush how much was that hampton? Going to swing by the lobb store.
post #5233 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

You spent over 100 bucks on swim trunks and say you are indifferent?

Where did you read that? All I said was that the branding on them doesn't bother me...
post #5234 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I need a good suede brush how much was that hampton? Going to swing by the lobb store.

I think it was €50.

post #5235 of 14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

love the ass tag on those shorts lol
not really, the branding is horrid

Hey, everybody, look who's suddenly against label whoring.

crackup[1].gif

Oh, that's rich... I needed that...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases