or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 341

post #5101 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

fistbump.gif so did mine!!

nice. I plan on doing the same with my children one day when I have them.

-LR
post #5102 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

nice. I plan on doing the same with my children one day when I have them.
-LR

that is very sweet. i should really buy a book, and start reading it to mine. good reminder, thanks!
post #5103 of 14965
also

devil.gif
post #5104 of 14965
Picked up a Barbour Porter on sale at Orvis, I'm psyched because it fits a niche I've been trying to fill for a couple of years:

400
post #5105 of 14965

I really like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Picked up a Barbour Porter on sale at Orvis, I'm psyched because it fits a niche I've been trying to fill for a couple of years:
400
post #5106 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

I really like this.

+1.

also, what niche is it to fill?
post #5107 of 14965
Some casual stuff.

Seersucker bag for going to the beach and such

a5g3P.jpg

rwHLY.jpg


Generously sized beach towel

M77Bh.jpg


Terry cloth, buttonless polo

bEKOZ.jpg


And for when it gets cold and wet again, Gore-Tex Field Jacket, made in Canada

HOEeM.jpg
post #5108 of 14965
Russian reindeer penny loafers

469

469

469
post #5109 of 14965
Kaplan - very nice. i like all the shades of blue.

bourban - deets?
post #5110 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

bourban - deets?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/02/fashion/02bespoke.html
post #5111 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Russian reindeer penny loafers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469
469
469

Those are badass icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5112 of 14965
Quote:

wow. did those cost you 5Gs?
post #5113 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

I really like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Picked up a Barbour Porter on sale at Orvis, I'm psyched because it fits a niche I've been trying to fill for a couple of years:
337x400px-LL-243abc27_6A8L03L2W.jpeg

I initially fell for a beautiful, ridiculously light Isaia "trench", but at $1800 it was well beyond my budget for an outerwear piece, so I set out to find something "close enough".

My criteria were: casual but-not-too, lightweight, navy (preferred) or black, rain resistant or waterproof, fitted, long enough to cover a jacket. This fits the bill perfectly. It's made out of Gore-Tex so it is completely rainproof - I'm not a big fan of Barbour's oiled canvas offerings, especially in a work environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

bourban - deets?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/02/fashion/02bespoke.html

So, are they Cleverly bespoke or N&L?

BTW the article, from 2006, stresses how rare and almost exhausted the supply of Katerina hides is, and yet nobody ever runs out...hmmmmm
post #5114 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

So, are they Cleverly bespoke or N&L?
BTW the article, from 2006, stresses how rare and almost exhausted the supply of Katerina hides is, and yet nobody ever runs out...hmmmmm

They are made by Poulsen, Skone & Co (aka N&L). They are RTW. Cleverley has first right of refusal of the hides, and from what I have heard has sold off a lot of what they initially purchased. So, while rare, there are a few out there to be had. Still a cool story and the leather comes with an unbelievable feel, smell and patina fresh out of the box.

Stitchy, I didn't pay anywhere near retail. Nabbed them off the 'Bay, unworn, for a great price. Tip of the hat to member summej2. I'm still deciding whether to keep or flip.
post #5115 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

And for when it gets cold and wet again, Gore-Tex Field Jacket, made in Canada
HOEeM.jpg

Veilance? Had one of these but didn't like the fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases