or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 268

post #4006 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

16x Drakes.
232

Spoo does it again!
post #4007 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

You are a man without control. Hahaha. Excellent haul Spoo!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post



Nice! Will any go for sale?

all of it Oh, I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Spoo does it again!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4008 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

16x Drakes.
232

RLPL (woodbury commons) has nice selection of neckties for $35
post #4009 of 14959

Picked up this topcoat from Barney's outlet at Tanger in Riverhead last week.

 

It's charcoal, says 100% virgin wool.  also says "fabric made in italy" and another tag says"made in italy."  It's branded Barneys.

 

Got it for 40 percent off the outlet discount ,so it was about 400 down from the outlets 700, and the "original" barney's price was supposedly 1400.

 

Any comments or ideas about this purchase?  I desperately needed a top coat for the winters anyway, so it's not going back either way.  Just curious.  Thanks.

IMG_20120408_154029 (1).jpgIMG_20120408_154102 (1).jpgIMG_20120408_154239.jpgIMG_20120408_154119.jpg

post #4010 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

RLPL (woodbury commons) has nice selection of neckties for $35

Thanks for the tip! Too bad they don't ship anymore.
post #4011 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

possibly saks nyc has more, might be worth a call and see if u can send sales rep a pic. i thought they'd start popping up from discounters/ ebay by now tho, def from last season. for less than price i paid, u could get this similar cashmere tie, with a free panta tie thrown in, looks like!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-2-Cashmere-Seven-Fold-Ties-NWT-Kiton-Panta-/320876452454?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4ab5ba1a66

thanks man, good tips, much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

16x Drakes.
232

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif fantastic haul you got there lol.

@alan C, if you are checking here, looks like that gingham you liked will be for sale after all.
post #4012 of 14959
Fuckin divots. censored.gif

IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg
post #4013 of 14959
nice cloth... too bad about the shoulders!
post #4014 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

nice cloth... too bad about the shoulders!

+1

frown.gif divots are the reason i sent back the last 2 SCs i kopped.
post #4015 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

+1
frown.gif divots are the reason i sent back the last 2 SCs i kopped.

You sent back teh Sartorio? cold[1].gif
post #4016 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

You sent back teh Sartorio? cold[1].gif

not teh gray suit, that one is ok thank g-d. i sent back a brownish sartorio pre attolini/kiton SC, and a nice silk/cotton isaia SC that i never posted.
post #4017 of 14959

Any ideas about this one??  if not it's ok.  Not trying to be a pita.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero neck View Post

Picked up this topcoat from Barney's outlet at Tanger in Riverhead last week.

 

It's charcoal, says 100% virgin wool.  also says "fabric made in italy" and another tag says"made in italy."  It's branded Barneys.

 

Got it for 40 percent off the outlet discount ,so it was about 400 down from the outlets 700, and the "original" barney's price was supposedly 1400.

 

Any comments or ideas about this purchase?  I desperately needed a top coat for the winters anyway, so it's not going back either way.  Just curious.  Thanks.

IMG_20120408_154029 (1).jpgIMG_20120408_154102 (1).jpgIMG_20120408_154239.jpgIMG_20120408_154119.jpg



 

post #4018 of 14959
^ It seems like a made for an outlet line, not something that came from the Barneys stores. For $400 I suppose you could have done worse, but it was probably made/marketed to sell at that price anyhow. The "retail" price is likely imaginary, to make outlet shoppers feel like they are getting a bargain. The Loro Piana fabric tag is put there (as is on Saks brand stuff) to further add to the marketing that its a much more expensive garment than it really is. Still in all, its a nice coat and if it fits you well and you like it, then enjoy it.
post #4019 of 14959
and they called him killjoy laugh.gif
post #4020 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

nice cloth... too bad about the shoulders!

Divots?

Can someone educate me? shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases