or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 895

post #13411 of 14948
A couple of the other things I picked up. Some of it was from autumn/winter and on sale, some is for the upcoming spring. Ignore the tie, it was what was on my form...and apologies for the hospital style lighting.

Had I had this earlier in the week, it would have been my Friday challenge FU jacket. Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but it's great cashmere.




Not true seersucker, but in preparation of warm weather:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #13412 of 14948
How was the pricing on the Barba ties?
post #13413 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

How was the pricing on the Barba ties?

They were €50. I honestly didn't like most of them, apparently they'd been picked over. He had the same pattern in other colors earlier in the week.
post #13414 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

They were €50. I honestly didn't like most of them, apparently they'd been picked over. He had the same pattern in other colors earlier in the week.

Thanks for the heads up.
post #13415 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Thanks for the heads up.

My pleasure. You aren't in my part of the world, are you? I can't seem to remember where you're located.
post #13416 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

My pleasure. You aren't in my part of the world, are you? I can't seem to remember where you're located.

No, located in Canada! Was curious though since Barba aren't too easy to come by. Does the retailer have an e-store?
post #13417 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

No, located in Canada! Was curious though since Barba aren't too easy to come by. Does the retailer have an e-store?

Ahh, yeah, I think there is only one other store locally that carries them. This place had shirts, ties and possibly pants. I don't think they do, but I'll try to find out. I thought it was a relatively new store and the guy said they'd been there for 18 years confused.gif
post #13418 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Went inside a shop today I'd never before been...




Barba is beautiful but very fragile - I bought a shirt but sent it back because, although lovely, was almost transparent!

Today I finalised the details of my bespoke jeans from Gieves and Hawkes:)
post #13419 of 14948
It must be the fabric used...I've got some thick twill barbas that feel like you could catch a woman falling from a building with them
post #13420 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It must be the fabric used...I've got some thick twill barbas that feel like you could catch a woman falling from a building with them

Yes it was a very fine cotton poplin, but not a high count one..

I don't think it would have lasted at all - pity because it was a beautiful sky blue colour

Never mind - plenty more shirts in the sea!!!smile.gif
post #13421 of 14948
INCOMING. ZEGNA MILANO FIT SUIT!!!
post #13422 of 14948

I have (very) nearly-new G&Gs incoming, via SF Marketplace...

post #13423 of 14948
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

INCOMING. ZEGNA MILANO FIT SUIT!!!

Damn I love those. For you or for us? smile.gif
post #13424 of 14948
A teaser.

Charcoal/Blue POW Check biggrin.gif

2hf5d2d.jpg
post #13425 of 14948
^^^ ...and a good looking button to boot. Nice!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases