or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 869

post #13021 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

WHAT. THE. FUCK.


This must be from an SF member, no?
post #13022 of 14588
$6 bag of these lol ...

Had to be a Goodwill, I guess? Good for the buyer but I wish these non-profits knew how to better price things so they could get more money toward their respective causes.

I'd have gladly paid like $150+ for that bag, especially if the money went to a nice non-profit org.
post #13023 of 14588
WOW!! great haul, man-- boglioli is one of my favorite brands of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSacre View Post

Last package came in from Italy just in time for my 300th post fing02%5B1%5D.gif


Some unstructured Boglioli goodness




Billy Reid Bond Peacoat




Borrelli and Barba staples




Not-so-staplely Borrelli and Salvatore Piccolo flannel

 



G&G for RLPL and G&G




My favorite, Tom Ford tux for my wedding 




Finally, remember those Hobers and Cappellis I thrifted? devil.gif

STORY TIME (Click to show)


A few weeks after finding the ties, I went back to the same store and decided to look in the back where they occasionally bag groups of ties. 

Pulled out one of the bag and saw this:




Recognized that oh so familiar tag and was all like:






Cost of the bag? $6.



What I found inside:





Add that to what was previously found and you get:






Total cost? $13





post #13024 of 14588
LeSacre - amazing. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Borrelli from STF, Drakes from ASW with special thanks to @Cotton Dockers for the tip off. Barba and VDR from the one and only @Ich_Dien.







post #13025 of 14588
Nice Stitchy. Looking forward to seeing a Vincenzo di Ruggerio in the wild. I have been eying one of Ich's for some time ...
post #13026 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Good for the buyer but I wish these non-profits knew how to better price things so they could get more money toward their respective causes.
.

I don't. The people who buy clothing there out of necessity couldn't afford to shop there anymore. Those of us that thrift to resell would likely stop buying things because there's no margin to be had. As far as those of us who thrift for personal use, it's extraordinarily hard to find items that are in mint condition, recent styling, and in your size - so I would wager that a large percentage of high-end items purchased are for resale, not personal use. My guess is that it would be a huge detriment to their charitable causes.

I've seen what happens when stores do this - stuff just sits there on the racks. I've witnessed the same pattern again and again when thrift stores try to become too brand savvy. You've eliminated the poor people who can't afford it, and the flippers, so now your only customer base is someone who is going to keep it for personal use. Your inventory turnover gets murdered.
post #13027 of 14588
Day-Um.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

post #13028 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I don't. The people who buy clothing there out of necessity couldn't afford to shop there anymore. Those of us that thrift to resell would likely stop buying things because there's no margin to be had. As far as those of us who thrift for personal use, it's extraordinarily hard to find items that are in mint condition, recent styling, and in your size - so I would wager that a large percentage of high-end items purchased are for resale, not personal use. My guess is that it would be a huge detriment to their charitable causes.

I've seen what happens when stores do this - stuff just sits there on the racks. I've witnessed the same pattern again and again when thrift stores try to become too brand savvy. You've eliminated the poor people who can't afford it, and the flippers, so now your only customer base is someone who is going to keep it for personal use. Your inventory turnover gets murdered.

Very good points made there.
post #13029 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

Nice Stitchy. Looking forward to seeing a Vincenzo di Ruggerio in the wild. I have been eying one of Ich's for some time ...

thanks. they are awesome. i had one before, a solid blue but it was too saturated for me, so i sent it off for sale. but the finishing and hand-working is amazing. and dat collar tho. also, i can not recommend ich highly enough.
post #13030 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thanks. they are awesome. i had one before, a solid blue but it was too saturated for me, so i sent it off for sale. but the finishing and hand-working is amazing. and dat collar tho. also, i can not recommend ich highly enough.

Second that, Ich is all there
post #13031 of 14588
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thanks. they are awesome. i had one before, a solid blue but it was too saturated for me, so i sent it off for sale. but the finishing and hand-working is amazing. and dat collar tho. also, i can not recommend ich highly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Second that, Ich is all there

Triple that. Great seller.
post #13032 of 14588
Here's a couple shots of the SC I'd been mentioning 2 days ago - we had an almost snowstorm here in Boston so my company panicked and put us up at a hotel, or else I'd have been able to upload sooner.

I'm also including some pics of the G&G's I bought from Spoo's recent LuxeSwap blow out, plus a pick of the chukkas I grabbed. I used Camera+ on the iPhone so I think even though the colors may look a little saturated, they're pretty true to the naked eye.

And sorry for the poor photo taking.






post #13033 of 14588
Well done kops! fistbump.gif thanks again!
post #13034 of 14588
TM79, great kops. The Regents were a steal, enjoy.
post #13035 of 14588
Thanks, guys! I also snagged 3 Yellowhook ties the first day he did price drops to $100 across the board. I can't wait for those to get here next week.

And I got two of the Aran Craft sweaters from Spoo. After that, it's going to take the deal of the century to keep me from waiting until Spring/Summer stuff to buy again. My F/W wardrobe has every staple now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases