or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 862

post #12916 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Not all to be worn at the same time, I hope!

 

 

I don't see why not :)

post #12917 of 14791
Scarf and jeans would be fine - personally I'm just not a fan of dark trousers with lighter coloured shoes.
post #12918 of 14791
First kops of 2014

Canali suit in grayish blue



C&J Edgware in polo suede



Canali silk-cashmere scarf



Eredi Chiarini hank



And last but not least

Drake's for Luxeswap

post #12919 of 14791
excellent stuff, james!

--

i like jeans with light brown shoes. smile.gif
post #12920 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Scarf and jeans would be fine - personally I'm just not a fan of dark trousers with lighter coloured shoes.


Raw denim looks wonderful when paired with tan (and other lighter shades) shoes.
post #12921 of 14791
Yeah as i said, it was an opinion.
post #12922 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Yeah as i said, it was an opinion.

cheers.gif

it is an option. though i personally prefer less aggressive shoes for jeans anyways.
post #12923 of 14791
Some selvedge

s7-375654_standard?wid=2000&hei=2000
s7-375654_alternate2?wid=2000&hei=2000

f71db8892e70046acf2edb6aa353a628.jpg
fc-1101-patch.jpg
post #12924 of 14791
Returning these RL wool officer chinos because they were too big in 34, and they don't come in a 33 like the cotton chinos. Sniffle. Great fabric, too bad. The 32's were too small too. Stuck in between two vanity sizes

rrl-brown-wool-officers-chino-product-4-14075555-590196248_large_flex.jpeg
post #12925 of 14791
I've been on the hunt for a nice, super light windbreaker - preferably a LP type StormSystem wool - and just stumbled across this. All wool, water resistant, and the hood zips off - should be versatile. Corneliani ID can be a bit wacky for classic pieces, but I've found their contemporary/active stuff to be nice; we'll see.


Edited by razl - 1/13/14 at 1:44pm
post #12926 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Returning these RL wool officer chinos because they were too big in 34, and they don't come in a 33 like the cotton chinos. Sniffle. Great fabric, too bad. The 32's were too small too. Stuck in between two vanity sizes

As a fellow 33w I also hate trousers that are only even sizes, and of course vanity sizing makes it worse. You couldn't reasonably take a 34 down to a 33 though? I get 1" out on plenty of trousers in similar situations with good-to-excellent results. Heck, a lot of times I get 34s specifically for a little wider leg and then trim the waist/seat a little.

For average stuff i wouldn't bother, but if you love the fabric...
post #12927 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

As a fellow 33w I also hate trousers that are only even sizes, and of course vanity sizing makes it worse. You couldn't reasonably take a 34 down to a 33 though? I get 1" out on plenty of trousers in similar situations with good-to-excellent results. Heck, a lot of times I get 34s specifically for a little wider leg and then trim the waist/seat a little.

For average stuff i wouldn't bother, but if you love the fabric...

Not worth it IMO.
post #12928 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Not worth it IMO.

The good news is that you've been around the block enough to know. fistbump.gif
post #12929 of 14791

My first Kamakura shirt is on its way.  I had to go to NY Classic for my ginormous neck size.

 

Also nabbed another pair of Carminas from Gentlemens Footwear

 

post #12930 of 14791
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Some selvedge
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

f71db8892e70046acf2edb6aa353a628.jpg
fc-1101-patch.jpg

 

 

Jrd, how are the thighs on these? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases