or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 824

post #12346 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

My bad, too many early afternoon drinks.

She has equally exquisite taste. A fellow Scorpio?

I am (the 9th) though she is not.

Well done on the drinks, keep the train rolling! wink.gif
post #12347 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Well done on the drinks, keep the train rolling! wink.gif

 

If he isn't, I've taken the torch and sprinted.

post #12348 of 14612
I am still going...I'm the 8th.

Red beat me to it but my latest

post #12349 of 14612
Quuz-- nice jacket for a great price! shoulders are epic on that one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Jacket from l.b.m 1911, I got it for 170 euro shipped to sweden, NWT. Retail price here in Sweden is 560 eur icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif




new for me, lighter-side-of-navy-blue wool jacket, trim cut soft shoulder with lower patch pockets and corozo buttons
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

and two pairs of new feet-suits to wear with recently acquired shoes
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
post #12350 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

not a direct purchase, rather an early birthday gift from the most wonderful wife ever, a 1940’s solid 18k rose gold Universal Geneve Tri-Compax moon phase chronograph.

.....

inlove.gif
post #12351 of 14612
Spoo, the watch looks superb. Hanjoy!!!

gyasih, great tie.
post #12352 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Jacket from l.b.m 1911, I got it for 170 euro shipped to sweden, NWT. Retail price here in Sweden is 560 eur icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



 

 

Great deal at circa 75% off, factoring in the postage!

Love LBM's un-constructed shoulders, and the color is amazing!
:fistbump:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



not a direct purchase, rather an early birthday gift from the most wonderful wife ever, a 1940’s solid 18k rose gold Universal Geneve Tri-Compax moon phase chronograph.

Love that woman.

 

 

A great watch indeed, above any price level you can think of!

And, my hat's off to Mrs. Spoo's ever-warm heart. You must feel 'loved' day by day, (and night by night) :smarmy:

Cheers!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
Quote:
new for me, lighter-side-of-navy-blue wool jacket, trim cut soft shoulder with lower patch pockets and corozo buttons
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

and two pairs of new feet-suits to wear with recently acquired shoes
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

Nice purchases!
If you don't mind, may I inquire where you purchased the lovely socks?

 

In my opinion, I feel that socks are one of the most 'unsung' heroes when it comes to sartorial purchases.

Though not as conspicuous as other items, the satisfaction level is on par.  

post #12353 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnelli413 View Post


Great deal at circa 75% off, factoring in the postage!
Love LBM's un-constructed shoulders, and the color is amazing!
fistbump.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

Quuz-- nice jacket for a great price! shoulders are epic on that one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Jacket from l.b.m 1911, I got it for 170 euro shipped to sweden, NWT. Retail price here in Sweden is 560 eur icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Thx! It might have to go up in the marketplace though, I tired this one in 46 and the fit was really good, this one is 48 so if I cant tailor it properly to fit me it's up for grabs smile.gif
post #12354 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnelli413 View Post


Nice purchases!

If you don't mind, may I inquire where you purchased the lovely socks?

In my opinion, I feel that socks are one of the most 'unsung' heroes when it comes to sartorial purchases.
Though not as conspicuous as other items, the satisfaction level is on par.  

thanks! I felt I had to buy something from this website, too many great examples not to get something

http://www.meschaussettesrouges.com/en/
post #12355 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

thanks! I felt I had to buy something from this website, too many great examples not to get something

http://www.meschaussettesrouges.com/en/

Can you give us feedback after a few wears?
post #12356 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by azppq View Post

its true that things are worth what people are willing to pay for them, but when a company makes a pricing decision they still need to take into account what other competitors are pricing their goods at eg balmain sells jeans at 1000euro, dior sells similar jeans at 500euroncQCpv
so people buy dior jeans and use the 500 euro for something else.
so if balmain decides to sell jeans at 1000euro, there has to be some sort of differentiation between it and the 500euro dior jeans that makes them think they can still attract consumers at 1000euro
so i guess my question is, what differentiates balmain from other designer jean brands that justifies a 500euro price difference
i can understand the answer about vogue girls wearing it

the fact that they are 1000 euro jeans differentiates them

post #12357 of 14612

new to the forum, but had been browsing for a few weeks. just wanted to say thank you all for the breadth of great advice available on here.

 

my job after college did not have a dress code, so i was dressing like an 18 year old well into my mid 20's. now that i'm a few years shy of 30 (and married), i'm starting to care more about looking like a (well-dressed) adult. so i set out initially to buy my first suit since college, which landed me on this forum. fast forward a few weeks, and i've bought the suit plus a pair of shoes, a watch, shirts/ties, a belt, a pocket square... it's kind of addicting to say the least.

 

so, recent (first?) purchases:

1) suitsupply napoli in dark navy pinstripe

2) 2 oxford shirts from suitsupply (1 white, 1 light blue)

3) allen edmonds strand in walnut

4) perry ellis brown belt (a touch darker than the strand's walnut)

5) about half a dozen ties from thetiebar + their basic white linen pocket square

6) seiko snk809 (and in the process of choosing a leather strap to replace the nylon)

 

seriously, this forum is pure gold for someone starting out with a relatively limited budget.

post #12358 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundnin View Post

new to the forum, but had been browsing for a few weeks. just wanted to say thank you all for the breadth of great advice available on here.

my job after college did not have a dress code, so i was dressing like an 18 year old well into my mid 20's. now that i'm a few years shy of 30 (and married), i'm starting to care more about looking like a (well-dressed) adult. so i set out initially to buy my first suit since college, which landed me on this forum. fast forward a few weeks, and i've bought the suit plus a pair of shoes, a watch, shirts/ties, a belt, a pocket square... it's kind of addicting to say the least.

so, recent (first?) purchases:
1) suitsupply napoli in dark navy pinstripe
2) 2 oxford shirts from suitsupply (1 white, 1 light blue)
3) allen edmonds strand in walnut
4) perry ellis brown belt (a touch darker than the strand's walnut)
5) about half a dozen ties from thetiebar + their basic white linen pocket square
6) seiko snk809 (and in the process of choosing a leather strap to replace the nylon)

seriously, this forum is pure gold for someone starting out with a relatively limited budget.

It will eventually bankrupt you.
post #12359 of 14612
Welcome to SF and don't listen to all the SMs here fistbump.gif
post #12360 of 14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Can you give us feedback after a few wears?

I ordered several pairs of Gammarelli wool socks from them last year, they've held up well and are quite comfortable. The colors are very deep and vivid, it's hard for a monitor to do them justice. Jacques is extremely helpful and willing to answer questions/ give advice via email, so the whole process is very easy. Shipping rates are reasonable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases