or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 782

post #11716 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


If this forum has taught me anything, it's this very conclusion.

Settling is a waste of time and money.

 

+1 - I fully concur.

post #11717 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

A couple John Smedleys from across the Pond

Love the fit and merino wool on these. Should last a long time

IMG_7550_zps09c83ac1.jpg
IMG_7555_zpsb86fff2a.jpg

 

Great kops!

So ... John Smedley has new tags I reckon?

post #11718 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


If this forum has taught me anything, it's this very conclusion.

Settling is a waste of time and money.

I learned this awhile ago, and I completely agree.

post #11719 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

FTFY razl biggrin.gif

#ToEachHisOwn

fistbump.gif
but I don't know ... there's something weirdly compelling about those things. I think I have a love/hate/love/wtfAmIThinking? thing with them.

edit: the more I look at them, the more I'm drawn. No way I'd ever spend real dosh on them, but if they found their way to a B&S Drop!Drop!FinalDrop! I might give 'em a go. I have zeeroh idea what the could be worn with but, would it even matter?


Edited by razl - 8/26/13 at 6:35pm
post #11720 of 14704
I love that these come subtlely arc'd right out of the box. Super cool.

Edit: err, whoops - just rechecked the product page and it looks like they come flat. Sorry, this looked like such a pro pic I figured they sold/shipped that way but maybe not. Whatever, the fact that you've got 'em with the perfect ready-to-go curve is all that matters, however it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

abbey-horn-seeking-bone.jpg
post #11721 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnelli413 View Post

Great kops!
So ... John Smedley has new tags I reckon?

These are my first Smedleys I wouldn't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

fistbump.gif
but I don't know ... there's something weirdly compelling about those things. I think I have a love/hate/love/wtfAmIThinking? thing with them.

edit: the more I look at them, the more I'm drawn. No way I'd ever spend real dosh on them, but if they found their way to a B&S Drop!Drop!FinalDrop! I might give 'em a go. I have zeeroh idea what the could be worn with but, would it even matter?


What would you wear em with? Leopard skin jacket? Joker costume from the dark knight?


Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

I love that these come subtlely arc'd right out of the box. Super cool.

Edit: err, whoops - just rechecked the product page and it looks like they come flat. Sorry, this looked like such a pro pic I figured they sold/shipped that way but maybe not. Whatever, the fact that you've got 'em with the perfect ready-to-go curve is all that matters, however it happened.

They are indeed arc'd. That's what makes them so effectively supposedly. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the deer boan, or if they can be used together for a better looking cordo shoe (shiny/de-wrinkled)
post #11722 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

What would you wear em with? Leopard skin jacket? Joker costume from the dark knight?
Instead of trying to make something work with them, you'd probably have to anti-FU them: tweed. Some serious tweed.

Nah, that's not going to work either. I thought I had it...

But it would be fun to have them in the closet, taunting you: "You can't bring yourself to wear me, eh? Wussy."

I once saw someone on SF say something like "be careful of getting too nice of a bag, you'll look like it's accessory". These shoes might be from the same planet.
post #11723 of 14704
Setting kop-ometer for S5A next season when the non-crazy colored Corthays start hitting sale rack
post #11724 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnelli413 View Post

So ... John Smedley has new tags I reckon?

I first saw this tag on an item from Smedley's outlet shop, and wondered if it was exclusive to items from there. But a quick check of the main site shows these tags used there as well.
post #11725 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


These are my first Smedleys I wouldn't know

 

Beautiful sweaters, how much did they cost and where did you get them? 

post #11726 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

If I win the auction I've got a super cool, exactly-what-I-was-looking-for, kind of piece coming my way. Nothing uber - no vicuna, pink cashmere, or goochi - but one of those "just what I wanted!" buys.

I'm finding I'm much, much happier when I can score exactly what I want, rather than getting something close - even if it means spending more.

Will post tomorrow, win, lose or draw (?)....

Won it! A Todd Snyder "Flight" Fishtail Parka. It looks perfect for me in hot and rainy Florida because it's a super light weight + breathable (made of ramie with NWR) and unlined. It will work both functionally for casual rain wear as well as just a light layer when it cools off a bit. Looks to be incredibly well thought out (pockets, snaps, etc.), with nice details, and the sizing is on the slim side but still with generous enough sleeve length for a 6'3"er like me.

Probably more appropriate on the SW&D side of the house, but I'm never over there so... One stock pic and then two I snagged from a blog :



post #11727 of 14704
Agree, there is definitely something special about the orange/yellow or the purple Corthays.....just something about em! I spend more than a few min drooling over their Facebook page pix yesterday. what a brand!
post #11728 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

Agree, there is definitely something special about the orange/yellow or the purple Corthays.....just something about em! I spend more than a few min drooling over their Facebook page pix yesterday. what a brand!

It's a beautiful colour, but it borders on 'costume' imo.
post #11729 of 14704
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


fistbump.gif
but I don't know ... there's something weirdly compelling about those things. I think I have a love/hate/love/wtfAmIThinking? thing with them.

edit: the more I look at them, the more I'm drawn. No way I'd ever spend real dosh on them, but if they found their way to a B&S Drop!Drop!FinalDrop! I might give 'em a go. I have zeeroh idea what the could be worn with but, would it even matter?

One would definitely make an impression wearing either of those.

 

What would one wear with these?

 

 

I would think it would be much easier to figure out what to wear with the purple pair.

post #11730 of 14704
Tombolini off Yoox, 175 USD. Nice LP fabric and some handwork. Seems to be canvassed, not sure, though, there is an interlayer piece, but it is thin, and separates with ease, but with some "ungluing" sound during a pinch test.




New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases