or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 732

post #10966 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Replaced the mangled black grenadine that J Press sent me with this:
That's the $99 grenadine? I have that exact tie. Great tie!
post #10967 of 14619
Pics jrd, pics. NAOW.
post #10968 of 14619
tumblr_mofbr95qT41rvrzvuo1_1280.jpg 309k .jpg file

Gordon & Bros- suprisingly comfortable
post #10969 of 14619
Stitches - yep, although I still think I like the weave used on Chipp's grenadines the best so far.

Foxx - I have never been, but my fiancé bought this tie for me at their store on madison and she said that I would love it in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

That's the $99 grenadine? I have that exact tie. Great tie!

Yep, going to wear it once this baby arrives:

post #10970 of 14619
^^ great looking summer shirt. i <3 borrelli. wearing one now. smile.gif ^^
post #10971 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ great looking summer shirt. i <3 borrelli. wearing one now. smile.gif ^^

I've bought and resold plenty, but this will be the first that I am keeping. I'm expecting it to need some alterations.
post #10972 of 14619
they seem to fit me fine, what will you need to adjust?
post #10973 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

they seem to fit me fine, what will you need to adjust?

My experience is that Borrelli's are never slim enough out-of-the-box (where as the "extra slim" Barba's usually are and Finamores almost always are). Almost every Borrelli I get needs to be slimmed in the waist and, more often than not, darts added. Granted, I'm still managing to cling to my fairly trim form - in just a few more years that may no longer be the case...

That said, they have some fantastic fabrics and collars which make it worth the trouble.
Edited by razl - 6/18/13 at 9:52am
post #10974 of 14619
sometimes my "broadness" is advantageous.
post #10975 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


My experience is that Borrelli's are never slim enough out-of-the-box (where as the "extra slim" Barba's usually are and Finamores almost always are). Almost every Borrelli I get needs to be slimmed in the waist and, more often than not, darts added. Granted, I'm still managing to cling to my fairly trim form - in just a few more years that may no longer be the case...

That said, they have some fantastic fabrics and collars which make it worth the trouble.

 

I kinda have this same problem... frown.gif but with Barba and I guess with Finamore would be there too. I use the 16 / 41US because of the neck size, but my sloped broad shoulders makes them too tight in that area and in the chest. I was planning to buy a 16.5 to see if it fits better in the shoulders and chest and then just move the button 0.25" but don't know if that is possible or if it's worhty. That's why I haven't bought more. frown.gif

post #10976 of 14619
Best chonies ever.
20130618_102216_zps026df051.jpg
post #10977 of 14619

couple of new and one new-to-me piece after walking away without any Barney's sale G&Gs...

 

 

 

post #10978 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

couple of new and one new-to-me piece after walking away without any Barney's sale G&Gs...

 

   don't forget to plug the jacket in each night to keep it charged up.

post #10979 of 14619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

 

   don't forget to plug the jacket in each night to keep it charged up.

 

fing02[1].gif (just didn't take the time to take a proper photo)


Edited by RedDevil10 - 6/18/13 at 4:32pm
post #10980 of 14619

No joy for me in the EG summer sale today, but picked up these Poulsen Skone (Grenson Masterpiece) black penny loafers from New & Lingwood opposite. The line has been discontinued (apparently because they lost the lasts!) so they were reduced from £449 to £199. There was a good selection of last pairs / end of line sale stock at similar discounts. For those who can get to London easily, it's well worth a trip as EG and N&L are next to each other.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases