Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases - Page 722
Styleforum Top Picks
This is where sf gets a little silly. Like for example some people here telling quality of shirts from a photo, from a manufacturer they don't even have in their country, probably never seen a shirt from them in their life. These are not low quality shirts, sure they are better things to buy and I will buy them when I can afford them. I can appreciate the advice about the ties though.
Just rec'd an email from Saks: the kiton black label suit and Isaia shirt just arrived!
The shirts were darted, which made them very trim in the waist. I asked them to take out the darts which left them feeling pretty baggy. Happiness could be found somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure this just means that I'll go MTM with Kiton for my shirts from now on.
I didn't try on any jackets at the Kiton store in Paris. I wanted to get away from the arrogant, condescending salesman ASAP so I got the blue shirt for which I went and got out of there. The London store couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. I went in not planning on buying anything other than maybe some sort of pink shirt. While my wife was going through the ties and pocket squares I started looking around and found a 13 micron wool navy jacket that was cut like the one I ended up getting. It was a little too expensive and while I liked it, I just didn't have to have it. Then they found the cashmere jacket I bought which was just a slightly lighter shade of navy and a lighter fabric and I was sold.
Compared to my jackets from the Kiton store in Las Vegas I'd say it fits about the same in the shoulders, maybe every so slightly more snug, certainly a little narrower in the waist which is really nice, and the sleeves are much narrower, which I also really like. I can't compare either of them to how Kiton fits in the major department stores because I pretty much refuse to shop for anything other than casual clothing in those stores.
I was in Rome yesterday and stopped at the Ferrari store. They had hand rolled silk PS's that were actually quite tasteful. I thought of Spoo, then I thought that it might be a bit gauche, then I thought "f*ck it, if I had a Ferrari I'd wear one." Who cares about gauche in a Ferrari?
- Recent Purchases
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 8 minutes ago
- › RICK OWENS DRKSHDW BLACK WAX WORKER JACKET FW13 SIZE S 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply vs Benjamin Sartorial Suit? 9 minutes ago
- › Museum Calf Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)