lol, i should have offered that, but i thought it would be rude. i offered 350 and they accepted.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 618post #9256 of 153072/1/13 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9257 of 153072/1/13 at 8:52ampost #9258 of 153072/1/13 at 9:19ampost #9259 of 153072/1/13 at 10:15ampost #9260 of 153072/1/13 at 10:28ampost #9261 of 153072/1/13 at 11:01ampost #9262 of 153072/1/13 at 11:32ampost #9263 of 153072/1/13 at 11:35am
Can you please tell me if this suit is fits right? Is it OK?
First set of photos are jacket buttoned, second set is jacket open.
Please excuse the fact that nothing is hemmed, basting threads not removed, etc.
Any advice most gratefully appreciated!!
Also--if there is a better thread to ask this--please re-direct me, thank you.post #9264 of 153072/1/13 at 12:08pmpost #9265 of 153072/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #9266 of 153072/1/13 at 12:18pm
@sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
Is this an old guy suit?post #9267 of 153072/1/13 at 12:22pmpost #9268 of 153072/1/13 at 12:26pmpost #9269 of 153072/1/13 at 12:28pmpost #9270 of 153072/1/13 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by michaelyork
1. @sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
2. Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
3. Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
4. Is this an old guy suit?
1. FWIW, "the guy at the store" (you say it is from 2010, so I assume "the guy at the store" is not a RL SA) is wrong. RLPL cuts do change, particularly based on the actual maker, and RLPL is getting slimmer by the season (F/W 2012 was particularly slim for RLPL, not Black Label slim, but slimmer than past RLPL). Custom fit has also been around for a bit, which is a more aggressive cut. That said, you can always have the pants narrowed if you'd like, not a big deal.
2. We don't know what you paid for it so can't comment on value, but I'd say it's a keeper bearing in mind that some alterations need to be made (inter alia, chest could be cleaned up some imho). If you decide otherwise, PM me as it might be my size.
3. Good to know. Also good to know. Ok.
4. No. Notwithstanding, who gives a shit, as: (1) it is a very, very well made suit; (2) it appears to fit you pretty well now and will almost surely fit quite well once altered; and (3) you like it.
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Question about shoehorn. Does the type of shoehorn matters? 8 minutes ago
- › Dukesbury: Bespoke Exotic Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 10 minutes ago
- › Contemporary Opulence and Risk Taking: Versace Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories