lol, i should have offered that, but i thought it would be rude. i offered 350 and they accepted.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 618post #9256 of 152472/1/13 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9257 of 152472/1/13 at 8:52ampost #9258 of 152472/1/13 at 9:19ampost #9259 of 152472/1/13 at 10:15ampost #9260 of 152472/1/13 at 10:28ampost #9261 of 152472/1/13 at 11:01ampost #9262 of 152472/1/13 at 11:32ampost #9263 of 152472/1/13 at 11:35am
Can you please tell me if this suit is fits right? Is it OK?
First set of photos are jacket buttoned, second set is jacket open.
Please excuse the fact that nothing is hemmed, basting threads not removed, etc.
Any advice most gratefully appreciated!!
Also--if there is a better thread to ask this--please re-direct me, thank you.post #9264 of 152472/1/13 at 12:08pmpost #9265 of 152472/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #9266 of 152472/1/13 at 12:18pm
@sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
Is this an old guy suit?post #9267 of 152472/1/13 at 12:22pmpost #9268 of 152472/1/13 at 12:26pmpost #9269 of 152472/1/13 at 12:28pmpost #9270 of 152472/1/13 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by michaelyork
1. @sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
2. Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
3. Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
4. Is this an old guy suit?
1. FWIW, "the guy at the store" (you say it is from 2010, so I assume "the guy at the store" is not a RL SA) is wrong. RLPL cuts do change, particularly based on the actual maker, and RLPL is getting slimmer by the season (F/W 2012 was particularly slim for RLPL, not Black Label slim, but slimmer than past RLPL). Custom fit has also been around for a bit, which is a more aggressive cut. That said, you can always have the pants narrowed if you'd like, not a big deal.
2. We don't know what you paid for it so can't comment on value, but I'd say it's a keeper bearing in mind that some alterations need to be made (inter alia, chest could be cleaned up some imho). If you decide otherwise, PM me as it might be my size.
3. Good to know. Also good to know. Ok.
4. No. Notwithstanding, who gives a shit, as: (1) it is a very, very well made suit; (2) it appears to fit you pretty well now and will almost surely fit quite well once altered; and (3) you like it.
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) just now
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 seconds ago
- › Rag & Bone Charcoal Henley - Size Medium - MSRP $150 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Can someone help me find this SICK polo? 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW Satchel & Page, Slim Mailbag. 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...