Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 595post #8911 of 152051/16/13 at 8:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8912 of 152051/16/13 at 8:24pm
I "said" the same thing. Had they been my size and had I not gone on a spend bend a few weeks ago, they would have been mine. BTW, these are a relatively "good" deal at Leffot if they are anyone's size (UK 7.5E). Retail on these is $5k+, Leffot is selling them (customer ordered them but isn't keeping them, essentially reselling through Leffot) brand new with all the bells & whistles for $3,850.post #8913 of 152051/16/13 at 9:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
well, think of it this way, any expensive pair of shoes that comes with lasted tress, could have been $100-$175 cheaper if they didnt force you to buy the trees. i assure you they are not giving them away. its built in to the pricing just like the fancy bags boxes and advertising.
++1! I've bought a few pairs online and in store....the standard G&G line and EG generally do not include the shoe trees. From what I see, St Crispin and Cleverley are a couple of makers that offer trees, but the prices reflect them. Also, some stores do offer the trees with the shoes, and the prices are reflective of this practice as well.post #8914 of 152051/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #8915 of 152051/16/13 at 11:01pmpost #8916 of 152051/17/13 at 2:35ampost #8917 of 152051/17/13 at 6:36am^ Nice last on those chukkas!
Yes, I did get them on sale. I guess because they're always displayed in stores with lasted trees, I assumed they would arrive with them.
Should I order the lasted trees? Or is there a generic substitute that works with this last? I never questioned the generics before, but the care instructions for this pair cautions against using generics.post #8918 of 152051/17/13 at 6:42ampost #8919 of 152051/17/13 at 7:34ampost #8920 of 152051/17/13 at 7:51ampost #8921 of 152051/17/13 at 8:05ampost #8922 of 152051/17/13 at 8:06ampost #8923 of 152051/17/13 at 8:25ampost #8924 of 152051/17/13 at 8:37am
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 45 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 47 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...