I've been looking at these and thinking "can I do it...can I do it?"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 453post #6781 of 1520110/16/12 at 9:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6782 of 1520110/16/12 at 10:08ampost #6783 of 1520110/16/12 at 10:08ampost #6784 of 1520110/16/12 at 10:43ampost #6785 of 1520110/16/12 at 11:54ampost #6786 of 1520110/16/12 at 12:29pmpost #6787 of 1520110/16/12 at 4:34pmpost #6788 of 1520110/16/12 at 4:36pmpost #6789 of 1520110/17/12 at 12:19pm
Back to the subject...
I've been slowly, and in my usual cheapskate ebay manner, remedying my lack of good quality solid wool trousers. Over the last month, I've managed to get hold of two pairs of lightweight summer pants from Epaulet (mid grey) and Mediterranea (tan) and two pairs of mid- to heavyweight from Zignone (mid grey wool and cashmere) and Zanella (dark brown). I've also been unable to resist a lovely chocolate brown herringbone wool jacket (by Egon Von Furstenberg, a sometimes quite hilariously bad label with a suitably interesting backstory - I am particularly amused by these scions of European aristocratic families who got into the fashion business - it's the same reason I picked up a pair of silk braces and a tie from Countess Mara, both from back in the 60s when the label was still independent, eccentric and fun). And a mid-century sterling silver cufflink and tie bar set from a Californian silversmith (and actor), Harold Clifton Fithian, another man with a fascinating life on the fringes of all sorts of things. I sometimes like having the personal satisfaction of knowing that not only what I wear looks good but that it is part of a story, or many stories, even if I'm the only one who knows this...
Anyway, a bit of a ramble, but all of these things will no doubt make an appearance in WAYWRN at some point.post #6790 of 1520110/17/12 at 2:36pmpost #6791 of 1520110/17/12 at 3:05pmpost #6792 of 1520110/17/12 at 3:06pmpost #6793 of 1520110/17/12 at 3:08pmpost #6794 of 1520110/17/12 at 3:15pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 57 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Ann Demeulemeester Aniline Zip Boots, 42 EU (Fit 10 US) 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...