I've been looking at these and thinking "can I do it...can I do it?"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 453
Styleforum Top Picks
Back to the subject...
I've been slowly, and in my usual cheapskate ebay manner, remedying my lack of good quality solid wool trousers. Over the last month, I've managed to get hold of two pairs of lightweight summer pants from Epaulet (mid grey) and Mediterranea (tan) and two pairs of mid- to heavyweight from Zignone (mid grey wool and cashmere) and Zanella (dark brown). I've also been unable to resist a lovely chocolate brown herringbone wool jacket (by Egon Von Furstenberg, a sometimes quite hilariously bad label with a suitably interesting backstory - I am particularly amused by these scions of European aristocratic families who got into the fashion business - it's the same reason I picked up a pair of silk braces and a tie from Countess Mara, both from back in the 60s when the label was still independent, eccentric and fun). And a mid-century sterling silver cufflink and tie bar set from a Californian silversmith (and actor), Harold Clifton Fithian, another man with a fascinating life on the fringes of all sorts of things. I sometimes like having the personal satisfaction of knowing that not only what I wear looks good but that it is part of a story, or many stories, even if I'm the only one who knows this...
Anyway, a bit of a ramble, but all of these things will no doubt make an appearance in WAYWRN at some point.
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › lasts and bespoke shoe makers 19 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 26 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...