Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 838
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12557 of 1524912/4/13 at 7:54ampost #12558 of 1524912/4/13 at 8:08am
i dont see it. i have to say though, you do have a penchant for cheap shots.Quote:
i dont think i wear it, but with soft brown pants or something it could be amazing.
jrd - rock on, baby.post #12559 of 1524912/4/13 at 8:38ampost #12560 of 1524912/4/13 at 4:25pmpost #12561 of 1524912/4/13 at 4:40pmpost #12562 of 1524912/4/13 at 6:04pmpost #12563 of 1524912/4/13 at 7:43pmpost #12564 of 1524912/4/13 at 7:53pmpost #12565 of 1524912/4/13 at 8:21pmpost #12566 of 1524912/4/13 at 8:30pm
I wonder how often I ought to be able to find, on eBay, a 44L/46L Sport Coat from 'real' brands that, with tailoring would be a good fit (I do realize I'd ultimately be going by the jacket's measurements).
Monday night I was left alone in the newly built Canali store of the Yorkdale Harry Rosen here in Toronto. I was already wearing Mid Gray Flannels and a light blue dress shirt so every jacket I tried on matched well and the 46Ls pretty much are on the mark for me in Canali (44L in my Tilford/Samuelsohns)... so I looked Fantastic again and again.
I fought off the urge to impulse spend $1,000 (Black Friday price of $900 + Tax) but I do like the idea of building up a wardrobe over time. I'm not looking for a 'how to' of thrifting as I'm sure that everyone in here has already given thrifting tips ad nauseam, I just wonder how often a person can find a really good jacket at EBay prices? If nothing else I plan to be more frequent at the Harry Rosen outlet where I've landed a couple of Tilford/Samuelsohn jackets for under $400 each.
-Billpost #12567 of 1524912/4/13 at 8:48pmpost #12568 of 1524912/4/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
I'm really happy with both of the jackets that I got from the outlet, I confess. I see eBay as potentially speeding up the wardrobe building process though.post #12569 of 1524912/4/13 at 9:23pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Would you buy these moccasins? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...