^^ I would suggest that debt be only used to partially fund the purchase of appreciating assets. Clothing, IMHO, is purchased with disposable income.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 832post #12466 of 1524811/20/13 at 7:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12467 of 1524811/20/13 at 7:36pmpost #12468 of 1524811/20/13 at 7:38pmpost #12469 of 1524811/20/13 at 7:46pmpost #12470 of 1524811/20/13 at 9:29pmpost #12471 of 1524811/20/13 at 11:05pmpost #12472 of 1524811/20/13 at 11:07pmpost #12473 of 1524811/21/13 at 7:52amQuote:
well, i am no economist, but, if a person earns, oh lets say 100k in a year, and his living expenses meet or exceed that mark, and he spends an additional 15k on clothing, that would not seem to me to fall under the category of disposable income. or if he only needs 90k for living expenses and he still spends 15k on clothing, then that last 5k would not seem to be disposable income either. thats how i see it anyways.Quote:Originally Posted by jreigen
Another package waiting for me today when I got home (it arrived a day earlier than Fedex had originally scheduled!) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
gorgeous.post #12474 of 1524811/21/13 at 8:18ampost #12475 of 1524811/21/13 at 3:54pmpost #12476 of 1524811/21/13 at 4:13pmpost #12477 of 1524811/21/13 at 4:23pmpost #12478 of 1524811/21/13 at 4:28pm
Emporio Isola in Milan.
They also had an awesome Loro Piana cashmere overcoat (980€ instead of 1980€) and an incredible Kiton suit, blue with light blue bold windowpane (something similar to this: http://blog.trashness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/TOMMY-TON-AT-PITTI-UOMO-pinstripe-windowpane-suit.jpg ; at €820 instead of ?). Unfortunately both of them were out of my budget.post #12479 of 1524811/21/13 at 4:34pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › I MIGHT HAVE LOST THESE HERMES TIES, AND THIS AD IS IN TROUBLE 4 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 5 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...