^^ I would suggest that debt be only used to partially fund the purchase of appreciating assets. Clothing, IMHO, is purchased with disposable income.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 832post #12466 of 1531811/20/13 at 7:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12467 of 1531811/20/13 at 7:36pmpost #12468 of 1531811/20/13 at 7:38pmpost #12469 of 1531811/20/13 at 7:46pmpost #12470 of 1531811/20/13 at 9:29pmpost #12471 of 1531811/20/13 at 11:05pmpost #12472 of 1531811/20/13 at 11:07pmpost #12473 of 1531811/21/13 at 7:52amQuote:
well, i am no economist, but, if a person earns, oh lets say 100k in a year, and his living expenses meet or exceed that mark, and he spends an additional 15k on clothing, that would not seem to me to fall under the category of disposable income. or if he only needs 90k for living expenses and he still spends 15k on clothing, then that last 5k would not seem to be disposable income either. thats how i see it anyways.Quote:Originally Posted by jreigen
Another package waiting for me today when I got home (it arrived a day earlier than Fedex had originally scheduled!) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
gorgeous.post #12474 of 1531811/21/13 at 8:18ampost #12475 of 1531811/21/13 at 3:54pmpost #12476 of 1531811/21/13 at 4:13pmpost #12477 of 1531811/21/13 at 4:23pmpost #12478 of 1531811/21/13 at 4:28pm
Emporio Isola in Milan.
They also had an awesome Loro Piana cashmere overcoat (980€ instead of 1980€) and an incredible Kiton suit, blue with light blue bold windowpane (something similar to this: http://blog.trashness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/TOMMY-TON-AT-PITTI-UOMO-pinstripe-windowpane-suit.jpg ; at €820 instead of ?). Unfortunately both of them were out of my budget.post #12479 of 1531811/21/13 at 4:34pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Unstructured Slim CANALI Blazer (like Boglioli) 50 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?