Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 830
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12437 of 1530711/18/13 at 8:42pmpost #12438 of 1530711/19/13 at 6:32ampost #12439 of 1530711/19/13 at 8:51ampost #12440 of 1530711/19/13 at 11:05ampost #12441 of 1530711/19/13 at 11:14am
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico):Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.post #12442 of 1530711/19/13 at 11:34ampost #12443 of 1530711/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
I might give them a call tomorrow and tell them to put it away for me. Girlfriend and female best friend both didn't like it that much and I listened to them. Now I'm taking a look at the picture every day thinking "I actually DO love this jacket".post #12444 of 1530711/19/13 at 12:50pmpost #12445 of 1530711/19/13 at 1:21pmpost #12446 of 1530711/19/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by harkamsu
Thank you for the kind words.
Regarding the jacket, I am actually debating on going back to the shop and having it shortened. I requested 1/2 inch of shirt sleeve to show the cuffs after all. I am new to wearing suits, so I'm not sure if it's normal for dress shirt sleeves to ride up or if I'm just "doing it wrong." I didn't spend much time in the shop tugging on shirt sleeves prior to having one of the guys there snap a pic for me. One of the master tailors there did check everything prior though and said the sleeves were fine.
I'm open to advice. I just figured it would be nice to see the cufflinks. Otherwise, I might as well go for barrel cuffs. I did email my go to guy at Sid to request his advice as well. Alterations are free I think since I had the suit made there. Should the cuffs be fully exposed when my arms hang by the side, or just when I cross my arms over my chest?
It's not a terribly big deal since I can come back at any time to have it changed.
All of this is new to me.
Re: this post...
I would not have the jacket shortened. I also would definitely not have the sleeves shortened. The issue is with your shirt- either the sleeves on the shirt are too short, they are wadded up in your jacket and not pulled down, or the cuffs are hanging up on the jacket sleeves. The shirt sleeves should come further down the wrist.
I find, especially with FC shirts, a tug is usually necessary to seat them properly after putting the jacket on. I also don't think your main reason to wear FC should be specifically to showcase cufflinks, but it is nice to have ones that you enjoy personally.post #12447 of 1530711/19/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico): Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.
Love the cerruti.post #12448 of 1530711/19/13 at 3:36pm
With the other one do you mean Cerruti or Angelico?
I can see people seeing the Cerruti as a bit too boring, but IMHO it's a perfect Fall jacket. Pattern matching and fabric are awesome, and at that price it was really a no brainer.
On the other hand the Angelico one is a bit "crazier", great for the aperitivo, but definitely less versatile. Due to a lower discount, price is similar, but quality is slightly worse.post #12449 of 1530711/19/13 at 4:50pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RALPH-LAUREN-BENCH-MADE-ENGLAND-GENUINE-SHELL-CORDOVAN-LOAFER-SHOES-13-D-/271321240211?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=kmapBXmWgrIN%252BQvdwkLTKlUy%252FU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
darlton2.jpg 256k .jpg file
I'm wondering how I could have been the only one to bid on the loafers? The Loafers I think are a very good deal. I've coveted the plaintoes for years and they cleaned up very well, someone had put spots of brown polish on them that I rubbed off with a towel and they are now a mellow cognac brown. This is the before photo:
Darlton.jpg 222k .jpg filepost #12450 of 1530711/19/13 at 5:11pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 31 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Any sneaker manufactures with Horween Chromexcel leather? 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories