Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 830
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12437 of 1528911/18/13 at 8:42pmpost #12438 of 1528911/19/13 at 6:32ampost #12439 of 1528911/19/13 at 8:51ampost #12440 of 1528911/19/13 at 11:05ampost #12441 of 1528911/19/13 at 11:14am
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico):Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.post #12442 of 1528911/19/13 at 11:34ampost #12443 of 1528911/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
I might give them a call tomorrow and tell them to put it away for me. Girlfriend and female best friend both didn't like it that much and I listened to them. Now I'm taking a look at the picture every day thinking "I actually DO love this jacket".post #12444 of 1528911/19/13 at 12:50pmpost #12445 of 1528911/19/13 at 1:21pmpost #12446 of 1528911/19/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by harkamsu
Thank you for the kind words.
Regarding the jacket, I am actually debating on going back to the shop and having it shortened. I requested 1/2 inch of shirt sleeve to show the cuffs after all. I am new to wearing suits, so I'm not sure if it's normal for dress shirt sleeves to ride up or if I'm just "doing it wrong." I didn't spend much time in the shop tugging on shirt sleeves prior to having one of the guys there snap a pic for me. One of the master tailors there did check everything prior though and said the sleeves were fine.
I'm open to advice. I just figured it would be nice to see the cufflinks. Otherwise, I might as well go for barrel cuffs. I did email my go to guy at Sid to request his advice as well. Alterations are free I think since I had the suit made there. Should the cuffs be fully exposed when my arms hang by the side, or just when I cross my arms over my chest?
It's not a terribly big deal since I can come back at any time to have it changed.
All of this is new to me.
Re: this post...
I would not have the jacket shortened. I also would definitely not have the sleeves shortened. The issue is with your shirt- either the sleeves on the shirt are too short, they are wadded up in your jacket and not pulled down, or the cuffs are hanging up on the jacket sleeves. The shirt sleeves should come further down the wrist.
I find, especially with FC shirts, a tug is usually necessary to seat them properly after putting the jacket on. I also don't think your main reason to wear FC should be specifically to showcase cufflinks, but it is nice to have ones that you enjoy personally.post #12447 of 1528911/19/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico): Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.
Love the cerruti.post #12448 of 1528911/19/13 at 3:36pm
With the other one do you mean Cerruti or Angelico?
I can see people seeing the Cerruti as a bit too boring, but IMHO it's a perfect Fall jacket. Pattern matching and fabric are awesome, and at that price it was really a no brainer.
On the other hand the Angelico one is a bit "crazier", great for the aperitivo, but definitely less versatile. Due to a lower discount, price is similar, but quality is slightly worse.post #12449 of 1528911/19/13 at 4:50pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RALPH-LAUREN-BENCH-MADE-ENGLAND-GENUINE-SHELL-CORDOVAN-LOAFER-SHOES-13-D-/271321240211?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=kmapBXmWgrIN%252BQvdwkLTKlUy%252FU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
darlton2.jpg 256k .jpg file
I'm wondering how I could have been the only one to bid on the loafers? The Loafers I think are a very good deal. I've coveted the plaintoes for years and they cleaned up very well, someone had put spots of brown polish on them that I rubbed off with a towel and they are now a mellow cognac brown. This is the before photo:
Darlton.jpg 222k .jpg filepost #12450 of 1528911/19/13 at 5:11pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › TS(S) Navy Herringbone Jacket , Size 4 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 11 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 12 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 15 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth