Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 830
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12437 of 1519811/18/13 at 8:42pmpost #12438 of 1519811/19/13 at 6:32ampost #12439 of 1519811/19/13 at 8:51ampost #12440 of 1519811/19/13 at 11:05ampost #12441 of 1519811/19/13 at 11:14am
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico):Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.post #12442 of 1519811/19/13 at 11:34ampost #12443 of 1519811/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
I might give them a call tomorrow and tell them to put it away for me. Girlfriend and female best friend both didn't like it that much and I listened to them. Now I'm taking a look at the picture every day thinking "I actually DO love this jacket".post #12444 of 1519811/19/13 at 12:50pmpost #12445 of 1519811/19/13 at 1:21pmpost #12446 of 1519811/19/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by harkamsu
Thank you for the kind words.
Regarding the jacket, I am actually debating on going back to the shop and having it shortened. I requested 1/2 inch of shirt sleeve to show the cuffs after all. I am new to wearing suits, so I'm not sure if it's normal for dress shirt sleeves to ride up or if I'm just "doing it wrong." I didn't spend much time in the shop tugging on shirt sleeves prior to having one of the guys there snap a pic for me. One of the master tailors there did check everything prior though and said the sleeves were fine.
I'm open to advice. I just figured it would be nice to see the cufflinks. Otherwise, I might as well go for barrel cuffs. I did email my go to guy at Sid to request his advice as well. Alterations are free I think since I had the suit made there. Should the cuffs be fully exposed when my arms hang by the side, or just when I cross my arms over my chest?
It's not a terribly big deal since I can come back at any time to have it changed.
All of this is new to me.
Re: this post...
I would not have the jacket shortened. I also would definitely not have the sleeves shortened. The issue is with your shirt- either the sleeves on the shirt are too short, they are wadded up in your jacket and not pulled down, or the cuffs are hanging up on the jacket sleeves. The shirt sleeves should come further down the wrist.
I find, especially with FC shirts, a tug is usually necessary to seat them properly after putting the jacket on. I also don't think your main reason to wear FC should be specifically to showcase cufflinks, but it is nice to have ones that you enjoy personally.post #12447 of 1519811/19/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico): Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.
Love the cerruti.post #12448 of 1519811/19/13 at 3:36pm
With the other one do you mean Cerruti or Angelico?
I can see people seeing the Cerruti as a bit too boring, but IMHO it's a perfect Fall jacket. Pattern matching and fabric are awesome, and at that price it was really a no brainer.
On the other hand the Angelico one is a bit "crazier", great for the aperitivo, but definitely less versatile. Due to a lower discount, price is similar, but quality is slightly worse.post #12449 of 1519811/19/13 at 4:50pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RALPH-LAUREN-BENCH-MADE-ENGLAND-GENUINE-SHELL-CORDOVAN-LOAFER-SHOES-13-D-/271321240211?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=kmapBXmWgrIN%252BQvdwkLTKlUy%252FU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
darlton2.jpg 256k .jpg file
I'm wondering how I could have been the only one to bid on the loafers? The Loafers I think are a very good deal. I've coveted the plaintoes for years and they cleaned up very well, someone had put spots of brown polish on them that I rubbed off with a towel and they are now a mellow cognac brown. This is the before photo:
Darlton.jpg 222k .jpg filepost #12450 of 1519811/19/13 at 5:11pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...