Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- A primer of five of the best menswear stores in Paris.Last edited: 7/3/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 830post #12437 of 1539911/18/13 at 8:42pmpost #12438 of 1539911/19/13 at 6:32ampost #12439 of 1539911/19/13 at 8:51ampost #12440 of 1539911/19/13 at 11:05ampost #12441 of 1539911/19/13 at 11:14am
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico):Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.post #12442 of 1539911/19/13 at 11:34ampost #12443 of 1539911/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
I might give them a call tomorrow and tell them to put it away for me. Girlfriend and female best friend both didn't like it that much and I listened to them. Now I'm taking a look at the picture every day thinking "I actually DO love this jacket".post #12444 of 1539911/19/13 at 12:50pmpost #12445 of 1539911/19/13 at 1:21pmpost #12446 of 1539911/19/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by harkamsu
Thank you for the kind words.
Regarding the jacket, I am actually debating on going back to the shop and having it shortened. I requested 1/2 inch of shirt sleeve to show the cuffs after all. I am new to wearing suits, so I'm not sure if it's normal for dress shirt sleeves to ride up or if I'm just "doing it wrong." I didn't spend much time in the shop tugging on shirt sleeves prior to having one of the guys there snap a pic for me. One of the master tailors there did check everything prior though and said the sleeves were fine.
I'm open to advice. I just figured it would be nice to see the cufflinks. Otherwise, I might as well go for barrel cuffs. I did email my go to guy at Sid to request his advice as well. Alterations are free I think since I had the suit made there. Should the cuffs be fully exposed when my arms hang by the side, or just when I cross my arms over my chest?
It's not a terribly big deal since I can come back at any time to have it changed.
All of this is new to me.
Re: this post...
I would not have the jacket shortened. I also would definitely not have the sleeves shortened. The issue is with your shirt- either the sleeves on the shirt are too short, they are wadded up in your jacket and not pulled down, or the cuffs are hanging up on the jacket sleeves. The shirt sleeves should come further down the wrist.
I find, especially with FC shirts, a tug is usually necessary to seat them properly after putting the jacket on. I also don't think your main reason to wear FC should be specifically to showcase cufflinks, but it is nice to have ones that you enjoy personally.post #12447 of 1539911/19/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
Cerruti, awesome fabric, 70% discount: how could I say no?
I'm still contemplating about this one (Angelico): Angelico's SC (Click to show)
But this weekend there's a 70-80% discount on last year's items at Cerruti's outlet, so I'll go there first, and buy this only if I can't find anything similar over there.
Love the cerruti.post #12448 of 1539911/19/13 at 3:36pm
With the other one do you mean Cerruti or Angelico?
I can see people seeing the Cerruti as a bit too boring, but IMHO it's a perfect Fall jacket. Pattern matching and fabric are awesome, and at that price it was really a no brainer.
On the other hand the Angelico one is a bit "crazier", great for the aperitivo, but definitely less versatile. Due to a lower discount, price is similar, but quality is slightly worse.post #12449 of 1539911/19/13 at 4:50pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RALPH-LAUREN-BENCH-MADE-ENGLAND-GENUINE-SHELL-CORDOVAN-LOAFER-SHOES-13-D-/271321240211?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=kmapBXmWgrIN%252BQvdwkLTKlUy%252FU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
darlton2.jpg 256k .jpg file
I'm wondering how I could have been the only one to bid on the loafers? The Loafers I think are a very good deal. I've coveted the plaintoes for years and they cleaned up very well, someone had put spots of brown polish on them that I rubbed off with a towel and they are now a mellow cognac brown. This is the before photo:
Darlton.jpg 222k .jpg filepost #12450 of 1539911/19/13 at 5:11pm
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great Stores
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Japan proxy 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › New Gaziano & Girling Isham Brown English Grain 9.5F UK Leather... 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...