Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- How to Buy Direct from JapanLast edited: 4/13/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 799post #11971 of 151399/23/13 at 1:30pmNot sure. I stumbled across Heather Wallace by happenstance. However, it is Lockie's factory store, as confirmed by Allan Gilchrist, their sales director. In any event, it's my go-to for beater knitwear. I rarely buy new Scottish cashmere these days, but their Merino offerings are quite nice and VERY cost-effective.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11972 of 151399/23/13 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Not sure. I stumbled across Heather Wallace by happenstance. However, it is Lockie's factory store, as confirmed by Allan Gilchrist, their sales director. In any event, it's my go-to for beater knitwear. I rarely buy new Scottish cashmere these days, but their Merino offerings are quite nice and VERY cost-effective.
I may email them and ask them--they definitely make a nice thick shawl collar (obviously, I have one) and am looking for another. You're right, it's very nice stuff, especially for the money.post #11973 of 151399/23/13 at 6:08pmpost #11974 of 151399/23/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Depending on your size, check Ben Silver. They sell William Lockie sweaters just like that under their own name. Only problem is the smallest size they sell is a "Medium", which is a 44 IIRC.
I got one on sale a year or so ago for $100. It's highway robbery at that price.
I am curious about that Orvis one though. Looks good, disappointing to hear JRD's feedback.
The cost is prohibitive for the Ben Silver. And no navy blue. I'll probably give the Orvis a shot. Most of the bad reviews are about the buttons falling off which is an inexpensive fix. One day it'll be the Drakes shawl neck!post #11975 of 151399/23/13 at 6:38pmpost #11976 of 151399/24/13 at 6:13ampost #11977 of 151399/24/13 at 6:26am
Exactly this. That's just the way their target audience wears things. Besides, that sweater looks good a bit slouchy.
That target audience is wealthy Charlestonians, so not exactly the same as that comic...post #11978 of 151399/24/13 at 7:46ampost #11979 of 151399/24/13 at 11:21ampost #11980 of 151399/25/13 at 6:40ampost #11981 of 151399/25/13 at 8:07ampost #11982 of 151399/25/13 at 8:08ampost #11983 of 151399/25/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Thanks! I bought it in the hopes that it was by SAB as I've wanted one for awhile. I'm confident that it is, but umbrella ID is far from my specialty. It looks like the Malacca to me, though the canopy is cotton canvas rather than nylon.post #11984 of 151399/25/13 at 2:23pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1049 Active Users (164 Members and 885 Guests)
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan