razl - great jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 767post #11491 of 152008/10/13 at 7:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11492 of 152008/10/13 at 7:42pmpost #11493 of 152008/10/13 at 7:51pmpost #11494 of 152008/10/13 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by razl
So I walk into my local LastCall - which hasn't had anything in so long I've practically stopped going. Lo and behold, there's a blue all linen (the good kind), unlined, 3 button, patch pocket Belvest sport coat in 40L. Unfinished sleeves and all. It's hanging there out in the open like it was put there just for me. I try it on and it fits like a gem. Even better? Marked down all the way to $400 and - just today - on a 50% off lowest price rack. Are you kidding me? It's like it was made for me. This never happens!
After all these years, first self post. Of course, with a crappy cell phone pic.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(Pardon that man fur peeking out, it was a hot day here in FL!)
Very nice. I picked one up that looks like it was the same cut, but a cotton/linen blend in a lighter blue.post #11495 of 152008/11/13 at 4:30ampost #11496 of 152008/11/13 at 5:17ampost #11497 of 152008/11/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Lobb, at Last Call's? Wow. I'd be broke. Well shod, but broke.Quote:
Don't worry, I just got lucky this once. Ours is just like yours 99.99% of the time. Yesterday was the first time I've ever seen anything from Belvest.Quote:
In Orlando (our only one, on the north end of International Drive) - and, yes, I bought it on the spot. I was sneakily hoping that the cashier would stack the 35% off coupon that I was handed at the door, but alas I had to settle for "just" the 50%. It was still a steal. Heck, it fit so well and is exactly what I would want, I would have bought it at the ticket price [shhhhh!].Quote:
Nice! If they would have had the same model in different colors/sizes/material at my location, I would have busted out the rainy day fund and gotten more. I'm not greedy though; I'm thrilled with just the one that I got
Edited by razl - 8/11/13 at 9:08ampost #11498 of 152008/11/13 at 5:54amQuote:Good stuffs for the coming fall!Quote:
Now, now. I had the misfortune of posting my first pocket squares a month or so back in the midst of someone else's massive grail haul and I didn't get a peep. Heck, people probably didn't even see my humble purchase in the middle of the Ford, Versace, and other gems, but I soldiered on without a whimperpost #11499 of 152008/11/13 at 8:56ampost #11500 of 152008/11/13 at 9:06ampost #11501 of 152008/11/13 at 9:26ampost #11502 of 152008/11/13 at 9:34ampost #11503 of 152008/11/13 at 9:40amQuote:
LOL - I was not wearing my pants and just my boxers. I'll do a better job with pics. Sorry guys. But HOLD UP - I had sunlight coming in from the ceiling! Okay, fine, I'll take a better shot.post #11504 of 152008/11/13 at 9:40amjrd: since we're fencing over cheap scores, I stumbled across this for $79 on yoox. All wool, unlined, patch pockets - by some "Reporter" brand that I've seen middling-to-good other stuff from. For a beater @$79, how can one go wrong?
Never had a gingham jacket, seemed like an inexpensive way to test the waters...post #11505 of 152008/11/13 at 9:42amQuote:
Retake for the full body shot and post in the creepy sartorial thread. Keep it on a cellphone, make it a bit blurrier, caption with "what do you think of my tie?" and you'll have a winner.
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1493 Active Users (361 Members and 1132 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...