i like the shoes, but the problem i have with nikes is that the piece that comes up on the front of the toe is always glued down, and i find that it inevitably starts to peel and come off. you ever have that with yours?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 758post #11356 of 152527/30/13 at 8:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11357 of 152527/30/13 at 8:31ampost #11358 of 152527/30/13 at 8:37ampost #11359 of 152527/30/13 at 9:39amAbout 20 minutes from where I live there is an annual clothing outlet for one of the larger Swedish e-tailers, and this year a Swedish menswear brand by the name of Oscar Jacobson shared some of the space with said e-tailer. As the prices went down to 50 % of the outlet price last weekend, I decided to drop by and see if anything caught my eye.
In the end, I left with a suit and a sport coat from the luxury collection, unlined and with floating chest canvas, in size 50. I ended up paying the equivalent of $343. I know that these probably won't stand up all too well to what some of you are used to, but I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.
Suit: Loro Piana fabric, 10% cashmere 90% wool. It's a bit lighter in colour in reality.
Sport Coat: Loro Piana "Cashmere Wish" fabric, 85% cashmere 15% Super 170's woolpost #11360 of 152527/30/13 at 6:49pmpost #11361 of 152527/30/13 at 7:01pmThe end part, I bolded, is really all that matters. And, I'll add, they look great too - kudos!post #11362 of 152527/30/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
This is all off-topic, but actually the impact on knees is very much the same whatever surface you are running on. The important thing is to do other kinds of exercise that are neutral or even positive for your knees too - cycling and swimming, for example - make sure you have good running form, and to just pay attention to how things feel. The biggest long-term danger to knees is from sports that involved a combination of impact and sudden stops and twists, like soccer or tennis or massive pressures like powerlifting and judo. (I'm a long-time competitive cyclist, runner and triathlete and former soccer player and judoka - it took me years of cycling to recover from some of the damage done by the latter activities, but now I'm a good runner for my age group...)post #11363 of 152527/31/13 at 2:16amThanks, gents. My knees are okay, but one of them is without a functional anterior cruciate ligament (Yeah, I love football.) Playing (indoor) football with the knee is no problem, so I hope it's strong enough for running. I'm planning on calm, relaxed running with a very slow schedule to begin with. I swim twice a week.post #11364 of 152527/31/13 at 6:54ampost #11365 of 152527/31/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks, gents. My knees are okay, but one of them is without a functional anterior cruciate ligament (Yeah, I love football.) Playing (indoor) football with the knee is no problem, so I hope it's strong enough for running. I'm planning on calm, relaxed running with a very slow schedule to begin with. I swim twice a week.
And I love how you use the word "football"!post #11366 of 152527/31/13 at 8:21ampost #11367 of 152527/31/13 at 9:36ampost #11368 of 152527/31/13 at 3:16pmpost #11369 of 152527/31/13 at 3:23pmpost #11370 of 152527/31/13 at 3:31pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 43 seconds ago
- › Comfortable work dress shoes? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Deco Dress Boots 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 12 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 13 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...