i like the shoes, but the problem i have with nikes is that the piece that comes up on the front of the toe is always glued down, and i find that it inevitably starts to peel and come off. you ever have that with yours?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 758post #11356 of 152057/30/13 at 8:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11357 of 152057/30/13 at 8:31ampost #11358 of 152057/30/13 at 8:37ampost #11359 of 152057/30/13 at 9:39amAbout 20 minutes from where I live there is an annual clothing outlet for one of the larger Swedish e-tailers, and this year a Swedish menswear brand by the name of Oscar Jacobson shared some of the space with said e-tailer. As the prices went down to 50 % of the outlet price last weekend, I decided to drop by and see if anything caught my eye.
In the end, I left with a suit and a sport coat from the luxury collection, unlined and with floating chest canvas, in size 50. I ended up paying the equivalent of $343. I know that these probably won't stand up all too well to what some of you are used to, but I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.
Suit: Loro Piana fabric, 10% cashmere 90% wool. It's a bit lighter in colour in reality.
Sport Coat: Loro Piana "Cashmere Wish" fabric, 85% cashmere 15% Super 170's woolpost #11360 of 152057/30/13 at 6:49pmpost #11361 of 152057/30/13 at 7:01pmThe end part, I bolded, is really all that matters. And, I'll add, they look great too - kudos!post #11362 of 152057/30/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
This is all off-topic, but actually the impact on knees is very much the same whatever surface you are running on. The important thing is to do other kinds of exercise that are neutral or even positive for your knees too - cycling and swimming, for example - make sure you have good running form, and to just pay attention to how things feel. The biggest long-term danger to knees is from sports that involved a combination of impact and sudden stops and twists, like soccer or tennis or massive pressures like powerlifting and judo. (I'm a long-time competitive cyclist, runner and triathlete and former soccer player and judoka - it took me years of cycling to recover from some of the damage done by the latter activities, but now I'm a good runner for my age group...)post #11363 of 152057/31/13 at 2:16amThanks, gents. My knees are okay, but one of them is without a functional anterior cruciate ligament (Yeah, I love football.) Playing (indoor) football with the knee is no problem, so I hope it's strong enough for running. I'm planning on calm, relaxed running with a very slow schedule to begin with. I swim twice a week.post #11364 of 152057/31/13 at 6:54ampost #11365 of 152057/31/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks, gents. My knees are okay, but one of them is without a functional anterior cruciate ligament (Yeah, I love football.) Playing (indoor) football with the knee is no problem, so I hope it's strong enough for running. I'm planning on calm, relaxed running with a very slow schedule to begin with. I swim twice a week.
And I love how you use the word "football"!post #11366 of 152057/31/13 at 8:21ampost #11367 of 152057/31/13 at 9:36ampost #11368 of 152057/31/13 at 3:16pmpost #11369 of 152057/31/13 at 3:23pmpost #11370 of 152057/31/13 at 3:31pm
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 46 seconds ago
- › RRL Club-Collar Oxford Shirt - Blue/White Stripe - Cotton/Linen - M 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...