Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 722
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10817 of 152526/3/13 at 2:15ampost #10818 of 152526/3/13 at 7:58ampost #10819 of 152526/3/13 at 8:20ampost #10820 of 152526/3/13 at 9:50ampost #10821 of 152526/3/13 at 10:38am
This is where sf gets a little silly. Like for example some people here telling quality of shirts from a photo, from a manufacturer they don't even have in their country, probably never seen a shirt from them in their life. These are not low quality shirts, sure they are better things to buy and I will buy them when I can afford them. I can appreciate the advice about the ties though.post #10822 of 152526/3/13 at 10:59ampost #10823 of 152526/3/13 at 6:04pmvery nice, and thanks for the comments on the stores-- I noticed in past posts that the typical kiton cut seemed a bit longer and bulkier on your frame, so hoping the trimmer cut is a good match for ya. I saw a new shirt model for mtm in NYC in April, slimmer cut and great looking collar, but the try-on had to be shipped somewhere before I got a chance to return and try it on.
Just rec'd an email from Saks: the kiton black label suit and Isaia shirt just arrived!Quote:Originally Posted by hopkins_student
The shirts were darted, which made them very trim in the waist. I asked them to take out the darts which left them feeling pretty baggy. Happiness could be found somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure this just means that I'll go MTM with Kiton for my shirts from now on.
I didn't try on any jackets at the Kiton store in Paris. I wanted to get away from the arrogant, condescending salesman ASAP so I got the blue shirt for which I went and got out of there. The London store couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. I went in not planning on buying anything other than maybe some sort of pink shirt. While my wife was going through the ties and pocket squares I started looking around and found a 13 micron wool navy jacket that was cut like the one I ended up getting. It was a little too expensive and while I liked it, I just didn't have to have it. Then they found the cashmere jacket I bought which was just a slightly lighter shade of navy and a lighter fabric and I was sold.
Compared to my jackets from the Kiton store in Las Vegas I'd say it fits about the same in the shoulders, maybe every so slightly more snug, certainly a little narrower in the waist which is really nice, and the sleeves are much narrower, which I also really like. I can't compare either of them to how Kiton fits in the major department stores because I pretty much refuse to shop for anything other than casual clothing in those stores.post #10824 of 152526/3/13 at 7:19pmpost #10825 of 152526/3/13 at 11:22pmpost #10826 of 152526/4/13 at 10:39ampost #10827 of 152526/4/13 at 11:57ampost #10828 of 152526/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #10829 of 152526/4/13 at 1:25pmQuote:
I was in Rome yesterday and stopped at the Ferrari store. They had hand rolled silk PS's that were actually quite tasteful. I thought of Spoo, then I thought that it might be a bit gauche, then I thought "f*ck it, if I had a Ferrari I'd wear one." Who cares about gauche in a Ferrari?
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 23 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott Loopwheel Villain 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › La Dolce Vita Persol Look-Alikes? 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...