Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 722
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10817 of 153186/3/13 at 2:15ampost #10818 of 153186/3/13 at 7:58ampost #10819 of 153186/3/13 at 8:20ampost #10820 of 153186/3/13 at 9:50ampost #10821 of 153186/3/13 at 10:38am
This is where sf gets a little silly. Like for example some people here telling quality of shirts from a photo, from a manufacturer they don't even have in their country, probably never seen a shirt from them in their life. These are not low quality shirts, sure they are better things to buy and I will buy them when I can afford them. I can appreciate the advice about the ties though.post #10822 of 153186/3/13 at 10:59ampost #10823 of 153186/3/13 at 6:04pmvery nice, and thanks for the comments on the stores-- I noticed in past posts that the typical kiton cut seemed a bit longer and bulkier on your frame, so hoping the trimmer cut is a good match for ya. I saw a new shirt model for mtm in NYC in April, slimmer cut and great looking collar, but the try-on had to be shipped somewhere before I got a chance to return and try it on.
Just rec'd an email from Saks: the kiton black label suit and Isaia shirt just arrived!Quote:Originally Posted by hopkins_student
The shirts were darted, which made them very trim in the waist. I asked them to take out the darts which left them feeling pretty baggy. Happiness could be found somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure this just means that I'll go MTM with Kiton for my shirts from now on.
I didn't try on any jackets at the Kiton store in Paris. I wanted to get away from the arrogant, condescending salesman ASAP so I got the blue shirt for which I went and got out of there. The London store couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. I went in not planning on buying anything other than maybe some sort of pink shirt. While my wife was going through the ties and pocket squares I started looking around and found a 13 micron wool navy jacket that was cut like the one I ended up getting. It was a little too expensive and while I liked it, I just didn't have to have it. Then they found the cashmere jacket I bought which was just a slightly lighter shade of navy and a lighter fabric and I was sold.
Compared to my jackets from the Kiton store in Las Vegas I'd say it fits about the same in the shoulders, maybe every so slightly more snug, certainly a little narrower in the waist which is really nice, and the sleeves are much narrower, which I also really like. I can't compare either of them to how Kiton fits in the major department stores because I pretty much refuse to shop for anything other than casual clothing in those stores.post #10824 of 153186/3/13 at 7:19pmpost #10825 of 153186/3/13 at 11:22pmpost #10826 of 153186/4/13 at 10:39ampost #10827 of 153186/4/13 at 11:57ampost #10828 of 153186/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #10829 of 153186/4/13 at 1:25pmQuote:
I was in Rome yesterday and stopped at the Ferrari store. They had hand rolled silk PS's that were actually quite tasteful. I thought of Spoo, then I thought that it might be a bit gauche, then I thought "f*ck it, if I had a Ferrari I'd wear one." Who cares about gauche in a Ferrari?
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?