i just got a silk/cashmere tie. to be posted along with other goodies soon. ill probably just wear it out of season.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 714post #10696 of 152495/23/13 at 11:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10697 of 152495/23/13 at 12:03pmpost #10698 of 152495/23/13 at 1:45pmpost #10699 of 152495/23/13 at 3:07pmpost #10700 of 152495/23/13 at 3:30pmpost #10701 of 152495/23/13 at 4:54pmpost #10702 of 152495/24/13 at 7:52amOk, I'm going to get beat up on this, but I'm going to post it anyway...
I'm still on the fence and can't decide on a nice, summer-esque, casual but almost dressy wingtip-type shoe. So, I decided to fill the gap with a crappy one that I like the look of: (cue the boos from the crowd) a Kenneth Cole wingtip, direct from every-craptastic-thing-made-in-China DSW:
I should note that a local DSW had 2 pair in my size, but one had smudging on the canvas and the other had a real bad, sloppy streak just under the toe from when they were being burnished - their quality control just sucks, so I ended up orderring a pair.
I'm planning on wearing it as a kind of a test-drive-experiment - "Do I really like the look of a wingtip casual shoe enough to where I'll really wear it?" If I end up loving it and getting a lot of use out of it, then I'll continue the hunt for a nicer version - maybe like this Carmina that I keep fence-sitting over:post #10703 of 152495/24/13 at 9:46ampost #10704 of 152495/24/13 at 9:50ampost #10705 of 152495/24/13 at 10:01ampost #10706 of 152495/24/13 at 10:08ampost #10707 of 152495/24/13 at 10:15ampost #10708 of 152495/24/13 at 10:20ampost #10709 of 152495/24/13 at 10:32am
About the purchase specifically .. know what? I think you're right, good call. But, by way of the purchase, I am interested in any subsequent chatter that helps me steer in a better direction. This isn't the right place for it, but I was fishing for it anyway....
Not all new purchases have to be the ultimate, some can just be exploratory steps in a better direction, no?
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1594 Active Users (393 Members and 1201 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 41 seconds ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Wedding Gift Etiquette 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 7 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...