Green socks and navy chinos from Rose&Born. Cotton tie and linen socks from Berg&Berg.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) - Page 674post #10096 of 153183/29/13 at 4:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10097 of 153183/29/13 at 5:50ampost #10098 of 153183/29/13 at 5:55ampost #10099 of 153183/29/13 at 5:57amQuote:
They had a few Zegnas in that range.Quote:
Thanks, these were the only 2 Marinellas they had. My first time seeing them there. The pure cashmere drakes was the cheapest tie. They always price Drakes pretty good. This is the only last call I have ever been to, so I'm not sure how the others compare, but there's always an endless selection of ties. The rest of the store was packed with goodies. Saw several Kiton blazers, a ton of Belvest (some really lightweight linen blazers in the high 200's/low 300's) decent selection of Tom Ford including a peak lapel blazer in a light purple for around $750, after the 50% discount. I thought about flipping it but after eBay and paypal fees, plus insurance for shipping, I didn't think it was worth the initial outlay and hassle. They have a 30-day return policy but it's a 60 mile drive for me, otherwise I'd probably take more risks on buying stuff to flip. They also had a ton of Fray shirts, which I've never seen there before. The buttons looked to be 1/4" thick, they were about $166 after the discount.
There is a TJ Maxx and Marshalls at the same outlet. I've never been to them, and didn't have time last night before they closed, but I'm thinking they've got to be the best in FL, based on their location. I might talk my fiance into driving down there tomorrow in her car. Tahoe = hog.post #10100 of 153183/29/13 at 6:26am
It's a store in Stockholm and most of the clothes is under their own name. I don't know what makers they use but i like the design. They carry PT01, PT05, Santoni and C&J outside their own brand.post #10101 of 153183/29/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Those 100% linen socks look nice. I have heard that pure linen can slip down on the leg if it's not OTC though. What is your experience? Do they stay up?post #10102 of 153183/29/13 at 7:49amFrank - very nice spring additions.
suited - sounds like your LC is stocked about the same as mine. i also only ever saw 2 marinellas (they are now in my tie drawer), and they always have tons of ties, and sounds like we have the same stock of SCs and suits too. i try not to go too often, its dangerous.
i think like 18, they all went to spoo.post #10103 of 153183/29/13 at 8:11amQuote:
This is my first linen sock ever and i got it yesterday. I tried it on just now and the first impression is very good, nice shape that follows the foot and snug around the leg. It´s a Bresciani sock made for Berg&Berg so i expect it to be good quality.
Thankspost #10104 of 153183/29/13 at 10:04amQuote:
I have a Rose & Born cashmere sweater I bought last year. Great quality and a decent price aswell.post #10105 of 153183/29/13 at 10:47ampost #10106 of 153183/29/13 at 10:50ampost #10107 of 153183/29/13 at 10:54ampost #10108 of 153183/29/13 at 11:05ampost #10109 of 153183/29/13 at 11:52ampost #10110 of 153183/29/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
thanks, guys. yup, they are black, my first dub monks. i hope they fit, my sizing varies with CJ lasts, might have to send back for a half size down. will find out when i get home.
sparrow - i ordered them from CJ in london, via email/phone. PM if you want pricing info.
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Currently, there are 1582 Active Users (339 Members and 1243 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 24 seconds ago
- › Crockett and Jones Custom Grade Black Classic Oxfords (Audley) 8.5UK 24 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The beginnings of a shoe collection 30 seconds ago
- › D18 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...