or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases

post #1 of 14693
Thread Starter 
The SW&D "Recent Purchases" thread has been something of a success: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=13460 So I figure MC could use one. Let's see what you guys have been buying lately, it's great for ideas/inspiration. Please post or link pics if possible.
post #2 of 14693
Andrew, Since you proposed the idea, you should tell us what you've been buying lately! Coincidentally, one of my recently purchases was a lovely pair of Stefano Branchini shoes, purchase from a certain eBay seller called "worldclassconsignment". Very nice indeed. Otherwise, I hope to soon pick up one or two Corneliani suits from Sierra Trading Post, particularly if I can find a discount voucher for STP floating around. I'll have to post picks when I purchase them.
post #3 of 14693
Just a couple of belts and a pocket square from Vineyard Vines' end-of-season sale. edit: Also a pair of VV white cotton trousers from B&S, whusurdadi. Trying to save a little for the pre-cruise spree in November.
post #4 of 14693
That's actually not recent, but the pic was cool in pimpish way:



The panama's band that can be seen in the pic is navy and was changed to my request (it had a slimmer black band) about half an hour before the shop closed and 6 hours before the hat went on holiday (well, and I).
The man who owned the shop was about 400 years old and he wasn't 100% if he would find his wife in time, so that she could sew on the band .
post #5 of 14693
^ Cravate_Noire, the knit ties are very nice and I like what you did with the picture too. Not fond of horizontal stripes on dress shirts though.

As for myself, I received my first pair of C&J (benchgrade Westbourne) from P. Lal yesterday.
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=47

Earlier this month, I bought a pair of discontinued Grenson Footmaster semi brogues made on their 77 last. Very similar to the current Grenson Radley (96 last) pictured below. I was told the newer 96 last is basically the same as the 77 in shape and proportions. As for other features, mine have channelled soles and a full rubber toplift vs stitched aloft (believe that's the term when the stitching is exposed) soles and combination dovetail heels on the Radley.
LL
post #6 of 14693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
^ Cravate_Noire, the knit ties are very nice and I like what you did with the picture too. Not fond of horizontal stripes on dress shirts though.

As for myself, I received my first pair of C&J (benchgrade Westbourne) from P. Lal yesterday.
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=47

Earlier this month, I bought a pair of discontinued Grenson Footmaster semi brogues made on their 77 last. Very similar to the current Grenson Radley (96 last) pictured below. I was told the newer 96 last is basically the same as the 77 in shape and proportions. As for other features, mine have channelled soles and a full rubber toplift vs stitched aloft (believe that's the term when the stitching is exposed) soles and combination dovetail heels on the Radley.

That's a good looking shoe and I don't think I have ever seen a chiselled Grenson like that. Where did you find that?
post #7 of 14693
As a responsible taxpayer, apparently 37 bad mortgages.


wonder if I'll ever get to visit the properties.......
post #8 of 14693
I'm having an odd jacket made at Mr. Ned in an olivey-tweedy fabric with a burgundy and tan windowpane.

I'm also having a charcoal shirt-jacket made at CEGO.

Both should be good once it gets a tad chilly.
post #9 of 14693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
As a responsible taxpayer, apparently 37 bad mortgages.


wonder if I'll ever get to visit the properties.......

We're going to wish it was 37 whole mortgages and not the head-cheesy bits of mortgages that we're actually buying.
post #10 of 14693
I bought a pair of Churchs slippers last week. This weekend i should be buying 2 hermes scarves and a hugo boss money clip.
post #11 of 14693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
As a responsible taxpayer, apparently 37 bad mortgages. wonder if I'll ever get to visit the properties.......
I'd be surprised if we really see the bulk of the taxation come from income tax. Chancellor Paulson is an avid proponent of Keynesian economics, and thus will primarily hit us via an involuntary currency tax; inflation. That is because most "mainstream" economists believe an intervening government must spend their way out of a recession and reduce individual taxation to stimulate consumption. Our Fed/Treasury has the added bonus of denying inflation even as it happens (e.g., mortgage speculations were not considered inflation by the Fed). Not to mention the foreign central banks that have been coerced into financing so much of this fiasco. It's like the US Fed is starring on the economic version of Jerry Springer. "Jerry, I did not know that she wasn't a Woman, or my sister". Ok I'm ranting... I for one welcome our new United States of France model. -------------- Back to something I can drown my sorrow's in; Purchases: Kiton Sartorio Sportcoat - Nordstroms Rack on Clearout Bespoke Navy Suit A few Luciano Barbara Wool Ties, and Kiton 7 fold ties - all on discount/clearout RLPL sweaters - clearouts Several RLBL fall sportcoats - factory closeouts Pocket squares - all on discount RLBL Flannel Pants - closeout And on order... Two bespoke Wool/Cashmere/flannel pants Black Suede Bal's from RM Still seeking... Black/Cream Houndstooth suit or sportcoat on serious discount (I mean like sub $500) Travel Style Bag in Cognac or Scotch Leather. Loop handles and top zipper so I don't have to bring my trashy briggs and riley workhorse into client meetings. Dark Brown medallion Bontoni, EG, Vass or Borgioli shoes - again on massive discount. If it weren't for retail discounts/clearouts, I'd have no wardrobe at all.
post #12 of 14693
Quote:

Kiton Sartorio Sportcoat - Nordstroms Rack on Clearout
Bespoke Navy Suit

A few Luciano Barbara Wool Ties, and Kiton 7 fold ties - all on discount/clearout
RLPL sweaters - clearouts
Several RLBL fall sportcoats - factory closeouts
Pocket squares - all on discount
RLBL Flannel Pants - closeout

And on order...

Two bespoke Wool/Cashmere/flannel pants
Black Suede Bal's from RM



If it weren't for retail discounts/clearouts, I'd have no wardrobe at all.


Regarding the content, that is not correct .
post #13 of 14693
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnharry View Post
That's a good looking shoe and I don't think I have ever seen a chiselled Grenson like that. Where did you find that?

^ Thanks! It's actually not that chiselled at all; it's accentuated in the picture I attached because of the flash hitting the toecap. I think it qualifies as a soft square toe; in person, the overall lines are quite soft from any angle. Of the shoes I own, C&J's 348 last is the most chiselled, followed by Tricker's 4537 last (be careful with that one, I find it has a lot of volume in the vamp area). When I hold those shoes and look at them straight from the front, I definitely see hard angles, which is not the case with the Grenson.

So if you're keen on those, just Google `Grenson Radley`, you'll find a multitude of sources as well as plenty of pictures from other angles. I've read many good reviews from other members about Pediwear (haven't tried them myself...yet). You might also enjoy this thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=Grenson
post #14 of 14693
post #15 of 14693
^ The Borrelli ties you have are beautiful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases