• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shoes

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while I've seen a pair of LV shoes that I actually like. But i've been hesitant to buy them because of the price/brand. I am wondering how much is paid for the quality/brand name.

Since both Berluti and StefanoBi are also property of LVMH it makes sense that one of these companies manufactures the LV shoes. If this is the case I assume that the LV shoes itself are also of good quality, with some handwork and good construction. However if some obscure company is employed where they glue their shoes together it would be a waste of money.

Anyone who can help me out?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Berluti shoes (at least ready-to-wear) are made by StefanoBi and so are Louis Vuitton. It is possible, that the sneaker-style LV shoes are made at another factory, one specializing in trainers and similar designs.

StefanoBi makes all the shoes for the LVMH group. (I have seen "StefanoBi for Loewe" in the Paris sale.) Equally Sergio Rossi makes all the shoes for the Gucci group.

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
Every once in a while I've seen a pair of LV shoes that I actually like. But i've been hesitant to buy them because of the price/brand. I am wondering how much is paid for the quality/brand name.

Since both Berluti and StefanoBi are also property of LVMH it makes sense that one of these companies manufactures the LV shoes. If this is the case I assume that the LV shoes itself are also of good quality, with some handwork and good construction. However if some obscure company is employed where they glue their shoes together it would be a waste of money.

Anyone who can help me out?

I own quite a few of LV shoes and I can proudly say their quality is unbeatable unless it is hermes and I own hermes too.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LV shoes are often blake stitched, not too popular in the forum. but i like my lv dress shoes; comfortable, light weight and pretty flexible. the quality of leather is pretty high too, imo.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
I own quite a few of LV shoes and I can proudly say their quality is unbeatable unless it is hermes and I own hermes too.
LV shoes are fine, but the quality is definitely beatable... especially for their retail price. There are a LOT of really great shoes in the $750-900 range (Edward Green, for example, or JM Weston, or Santoni). You seem continually in your posts to judge and to equate "quality" by price and brand, which sadly isn't really the way to go if you are really wanting good quality. If brand is all that you care about and you don't mind wasting your money on generally substandard goods (not necessarily LV, but most of the major brands are substandard in relation to what Sf would call "top quality"), then go for it. Personally, I like brands and have a lot of them in my closet, but I equate them more with style than with quality and think of them as such. As such, I have some Stefanobi made shoes, including some LV, but also Loewe, Givenchy, etc. Nevertheless, for more standard or "classic" shoes that I want to keep for many years, I tend to go with something that has more "shoe," less "branded markup."

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a couple of pairs of LV dress shoes a couple of years ago. The shoes looked very nice but they did not hold up well. I've since donated them to Goodwill.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I bought a couple of pairs of LV dress shoes a couple of years ago. The shoes looked very nice but they did not hold up well. I've since donated them to Goodwill.
^Wow... somebody cleaned up at Goodwill! I've given a pair or two of old Ferragamo to goodwill... but I don't know if I'd give them LV.
wink.gif

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
LV shoes are fine, but the quality is definitely beatable... especially for their retail price. There are a LOT of really great shoes in the $750-900 range (Edward Green, for example, or JM Weston, or Santoni).

You seem continually in your posts to judge and to equate "quality" by price and brand, which sadly isn't really the way to go if you are really wanting good quality. If brand is all that you care about and you don't mind wasting your money on generally substandard goods (not necessarily LV, but most of the major brands are substandard in relation to what Sf would call "top quality"), then go for it. Personally, I like brands and have a lot of them in my closet, but I equate them more with style than with quality and think of them as such.

So, I have lots of Stefanobi made shoes, including some LV, but also Loewe, Givenchy, etc. Nevertheless, for more standard or "classic" shoes that I want to keep for many years, I tend to go with something that has more "shoe," less "branded markup."

Don't get cocky. Since some one questioned about its quality i had to answer. Since I mentioned LV brand doesnt mean my closet is devoid of other good brands. You post pics of your shoes I will post mine, wanna still get cocky?

I have 35 pairs of shoes none less than the most acclaimed brands like Prada, gucci, CD, Porsche design, Hugoboss, dolce & gabbana (not d&g) Hermes and LV's and etc. These all have won their accolades in Leather goods and foot wear. I even get invitations to some of the runway shows. Just because i am here giving my opinion doesnt mean a peanut like try to teach me fashion.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nobody is getting "cocky" except for you, fella. I was simply disagreeing with you; you said LV shoes were unbeatable quality for their price... that's simply incorrect information.

Overall, saying you have lots of Euro-brands in your closet isn't going to get you accolades at SF; most of us couldn't care less about oogling over brands. Lots of us have lots of brands in the closet, but most of us are pragmatic about them and their relative merits and go to them for style/design, not expecting superlative quality.

And most of the other brands you mention have laughable quality; Prada is fine for design innovation or fun "going out shoes," but going to them for topnotch workmanship is probably not a good idea. Bertelli, CEO of Prada and king of outsourcing his goods to third-world countries, actually said of his target consumer, "What do they care where I make my shoes?" Well... I think a lot of us do care, though your shopping habits seem to be proving him correct.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Has Hugo Boss really won accolades since 1945? Their own spokesman has said that they don't think their customers are interested in quality.

lurker[1].gif

alebrady

Reaction score
Saying you have lots of brands in your closet isn't going to get you accolades around here; most of us couldn't care less.

particularly, those brands that were cited! JLP, EG, Vass, G&G, etc....maybe
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
particularly, those brands that were cited! JLP, EG, Vass, G&G, etc....maybe
smile.gif

Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...

Daskb

Reaction score
Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...

Get going

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
Get going
What are you talking about? Are you saying you want to have a "shoe off" with Aportnoy? Good luck!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads