or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Louis Vuitton Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Louis Vuitton Shoes - Page 2

post #16 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskb View Post
Get going

NNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Daskb, Son, you DO NOT say that!!

Regards.
post #17 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikar View Post
NNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Daskb, Son, you DO NOT say that!!

Regards.

Talk is cheap
post #18 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskb View Post
Talk is cheap

Thats your FIRST reasonable statement.

Regards.
post #19 of 107
I've had a pair of LV Cyclist boots for 3 or 4 years now. They're just gorgeous to look at: a lace-up ankle boot with a buckle over the front top of the boot. Very sleek and a little snug in a cognac color. I paid $905 + $180 for equally sleek and smooth wooden shoe trees. I think it was a lot to spend then but I just love these boots!
post #20 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloom View Post
I've had a pair of LV Cyclist boots for 3 or 4 years now. They're just gorgeous to look at: a lace-up ankle boot with a buckle over the front top of the boot. Very sleek and a little snug in a cognac color. I paid $905 + $180 for equally sleek and smooth wooden shoe trees. I think it was a lot to spend then but I just love these boots!
I think this is the point; if you love them and they look great on you, then that's what counts and it doesn't matter how much they cost. The OP asked our opinion about about the relative merits or quality of LV shoes and we responded accordingly. BUT, there are times when all "objective criteria" can be damned in relation to a fashion item and you want it because you like it. I have several items like this and I don't mind because I like them and they look great on me... This is what I meant earlier about being "pragmatic" about fashion brands and their goods; if you realize that they may not be the best quality on earth or fit a good price-to-quality-ration, then you can often find some items that are stylistically very nice and fun. My only problem is when someone "drinks the koolaid" of fashion brands and says that because they are $1500 and made by Fashion BRand XXX, it guarantees that they are superb. Sadly, these days it doesn't.
post #21 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
I think this is the point; if you love them and they look great on you, then that's what counts and it doesn't matter how much they cost. The OP asked our opinion about about the relative merits or quality of LV shoes and we responded accordingly. BUT, there are times when all "objective criteria" can be damned in relation to a fashion item and you want it because you like it. I have several items like this and I don't mind because I like them and they look great on me...

This is what I meant earlier about being "pragmatic" about fashion brands and their goods; if you realize that they may not be the best quality on earth or fit a good price-to-quality-ration, then you can often find some items that are stylistically very nice and fun.

My only problem is when someone "drinks the koolaid" of fashion brands and says that because they are $1500 and made by Fashion BRand XXX, it guarantees that they are superb. Sadly, these days it doesn't.

I see what you are saying.
post #22 of 107
Damn, I want to see Aportnoy kick the noobs ass!

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Hermes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)
post #23 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
Damn, I want to see Aportnoy kick the noobs ass!

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Heremes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)

Another dumbo who can just throw names
post #24 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
Damn, I want to see Aportnoy kick the noobs ass!

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Heremes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)

Don't live on others' pride you got something show it.
post #25 of 107
Okay Daskb,

Can you please show us your shoe collection? I'm not biased either way.. just curious since you bring it up. I'd love to see your shoes.

Thanks,
post #26 of 107
I do not own the shoes mentioned, in fact I can not afford it at this time.
So, with that said, I have discovered other makers that are very high quality (come on Boss) and have sub $1K price tags (Campanile or Peluso).
They are beautiful shoes, but believe me, stick around and check out the shoe Pr0n that Aportnoy or some of the others have.
No one is saying that LV or Heremes shoes are total crap, just that they do not have the highest value proposition when the quality of manufacture and level of styling of others in the same or lower price bracket is significantly higher.
post #27 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
I do not own the shoes mentioned, in fact I can not afford it at this time.
So, with that said, I have discovered other makers that are very high quality (come on Boss) and have sub $1K price tags (Campanile or Peluso).
They are beautiful shoes, but believe me, stick around and check out the shoe Pr0n that Aportnoy or some of the others have.
No one is saying that LV or Heremes shoes are total crap, just that they do not have the highest value proposition when the quality of manufacture and level of styling of others in the same or lower price bracket is significantly higher.

I mentioned boss cos I happened to have them....I take them back. As far as Prada's r Gucci's or CD's or LV's or Hermes or Dolces, I love them all. May be I am not the person to talk about quality since I dont use any shoe till kingdom come home and say it lasts. Anybody saying these are not good are mocking my investment and I defy.
post #28 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
I do not own the shoes mentioned, in fact I can not afford it at this time.
So, with that said, I have discovered other makers that are very high quality (come on Boss) and have sub $1K price tags (Campanile or Peluso).
They are beautiful shoes, but believe me, stick around and check out the shoe Pr0n that Aportnoy or some of the others have.
No one is saying that LV or Heremes shoes are total crap, just that they do not have the highest value proposition when the quality of manufacture and level of styling of others in the same or lower price bracket is significantly higher.

Oh BTW i dont own none of the 3 you mentioned and i just check their look tag, they match my interest. That doesnt mean they are not good, just not my taste.
post #29 of 107
*they dont match my interest.
post #30 of 107
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Louis Vuitton Shoes