or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Louis Vuitton Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Louis Vuitton Shoes

post #1 of 107
Thread Starter 
Every once in a while I've seen a pair of LV shoes that I actually like. But i've been hesitant to buy them because of the price/brand. I am wondering how much is paid for the quality/brand name. Since both Berluti and StefanoBi are also property of LVMH it makes sense that one of these companies manufactures the LV shoes. If this is the case I assume that the LV shoes itself are also of good quality, with some handwork and good construction. However if some obscure company is employed where they glue their shoes together it would be a waste of money. Anyone who can help me out?
post #2 of 107
Berluti shoes (at least ready-to-wear) are made by StefanoBi and so are Louis Vuitton. It is possible, that the sneaker-style LV shoes are made at another factory, one specializing in trainers and similar designs. StefanoBi makes all the shoes for the LVMH group. (I have seen "StefanoBi for Loewe" in the Paris sale.) Equally Sergio Rossi makes all the shoes for the Gucci group.
post #3 of 107
post #4 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Every once in a while I've seen a pair of LV shoes that I actually like. But i've been hesitant to buy them because of the price/brand. I am wondering how much is paid for the quality/brand name.

Since both Berluti and StefanoBi are also property of LVMH it makes sense that one of these companies manufactures the LV shoes. If this is the case I assume that the LV shoes itself are also of good quality, with some handwork and good construction. However if some obscure company is employed where they glue their shoes together it would be a waste of money.

Anyone who can help me out?

I own quite a few of LV shoes and I can proudly say their quality is unbeatable unless it is hermes and I own hermes too.
post #5 of 107
LV shoes are often blake stitched, not too popular in the forum. but i like my lv dress shoes; comfortable, light weight and pretty flexible. the quality of leather is pretty high too, imo.
post #6 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskb View Post
I own quite a few of LV shoes and I can proudly say their quality is unbeatable unless it is hermes and I own hermes too.
LV shoes are fine, but the quality is definitely beatable... especially for their retail price. There are a LOT of really great shoes in the $750-900 range (Edward Green, for example, or JM Weston, or Santoni). You seem continually in your posts to judge and to equate "quality" by price and brand, which sadly isn't really the way to go if you are really wanting good quality. If brand is all that you care about and you don't mind wasting your money on generally substandard goods (not necessarily LV, but most of the major brands are substandard in relation to what Sf would call "top quality"), then go for it. Personally, I like brands and have a lot of them in my closet, but I equate them more with style than with quality and think of them as such. As such, I have some Stefanobi made shoes, including some LV, but also Loewe, Givenchy, etc. Nevertheless, for more standard or "classic" shoes that I want to keep for many years, I tend to go with something that has more "shoe," less "branded markup."
post #7 of 107
I bought a couple of pairs of LV dress shoes a couple of years ago. The shoes looked very nice but they did not hold up well. I've since donated them to Goodwill.
post #8 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I bought a couple of pairs of LV dress shoes a couple of years ago. The shoes looked very nice but they did not hold up well. I've since donated them to Goodwill.
^Wow... somebody cleaned up at Goodwill! I've given a pair or two of old Ferragamo to goodwill... but I don't know if I'd give them LV.
post #9 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
LV shoes are fine, but the quality is definitely beatable... especially for their retail price. There are a LOT of really great shoes in the $750-900 range (Edward Green, for example, or JM Weston, or Santoni).

You seem continually in your posts to judge and to equate "quality" by price and brand, which sadly isn't really the way to go if you are really wanting good quality. If brand is all that you care about and you don't mind wasting your money on generally substandard goods (not necessarily LV, but most of the major brands are substandard in relation to what Sf would call "top quality"), then go for it. Personally, I like brands and have a lot of them in my closet, but I equate them more with style than with quality and think of them as such.

So, I have lots of Stefanobi made shoes, including some LV, but also Loewe, Givenchy, etc. Nevertheless, for more standard or "classic" shoes that I want to keep for many years, I tend to go with something that has more "shoe," less "branded markup."


Don't get cocky. Since some one questioned about its quality i had to answer. Since I mentioned LV brand doesnt mean my closet is devoid of other good brands. You post pics of your shoes I will post mine, wanna still get cocky?

I have 35 pairs of shoes none less than the most acclaimed brands like Prada, gucci, CD, Porsche design, Hugoboss, dolce & gabbana (not d&g) Hermes and LV's and etc. These all have won their accolades in Leather goods and foot wear. I even get invitations to some of the runway shows. Just because i am here giving my opinion doesnt mean a peanut like try to teach me fashion.
post #10 of 107
Nobody is getting "cocky" except for you, fella. I was simply disagreeing with you; you said LV shoes were unbeatable quality for their price... that's simply incorrect information. Overall, saying you have lots of Euro-brands in your closet isn't going to get you accolades at SF; most of us couldn't care less about oogling over brands. Lots of us have lots of brands in the closet, but most of us are pragmatic about them and their relative merits and go to them for style/design, not expecting superlative quality. And most of the other brands you mention have laughable quality; Prada is fine for design innovation or fun "going out shoes," but going to them for topnotch workmanship is probably not a good idea. Bertelli, CEO of Prada and king of outsourcing his goods to third-world countries, actually said of his target consumer, "What do they care where I make my shoes?" Well... I think a lot of us do care, though your shopping habits seem to be proving him correct.
post #11 of 107
Has Hugo Boss really won accolades since 1945? Their own spokesman has said that they don't think their customers are interested in quality.

post #12 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Saying you have lots of brands in your closet isn't going to get you accolades around here; most of us couldn't care less.

particularly, those brands that were cited! JLP, EG, Vass, G&G, etc....maybe
post #13 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebrady View Post
particularly, those brands that were cited! JLP, EG, Vass, G&G, etc....maybe

Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...
post #14 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...

Get going
post #15 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskb View Post
Get going
What are you talking about? Are you saying you want to have a "shoe off" with Aportnoy? Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Louis Vuitton Shoes