or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Askandyaboutclothes.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Askandyaboutclothes.com - Page 2

post #16 of 26
It absolutely should not be ignored. The threads should be immediately deleted and the posters banned. I moderate a couple of Yahoo groups and decided to start approving all new members because of list spam. That's likely what Andy needs to go to. Simply having that step will deter most problems from ever starting. Of course it does require (some) more work.
post #17 of 26
Most forum codes give the admins the ability to ban IP addresses. SHouldn't be too hard to get rid of him once he gets around to it.
post #18 of 26
Thanks gentlemen: We've had some isolated problems before, mostly on an individual basis, but thanks to NickM's detective work this was a multi-invasion. NickM found the Chat room that organized the invasion. I've deleted, I hope, all the posts. Sometimes if it's just one guy it's better to leave it up and let them go away bored. I did get this apology from one of the invaders: "I recently started abusing your forum about clothes, at your website. Anyway, I would like to extend to you my sincerest apologies. I acted on impulse, and regret it severely. I hope you can pardon my disgraceful behaviour. The user name I chose was "Paddy Irishman". Please feel fre to revoke my username and password. Once, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience." Andy
post #19 of 26
Quote:
"I recently started abusing your forum about clothes, at your website. Anyway, I would like to extend to you my sincerest apologies. I acted on impulse, and regret it severely. I hope you can pardon my disgraceful behaviour. The user name I chose was "Paddy Irishman". Please feel fre to revoke my username and password. Once, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience."
Destroy him
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Quote:
"I recently started abusing your forum about clothes, at your website. Anyway, I would like to extend to you my sincerest apologies. I acted on impulse, and regret it severely. I hope you can pardon my disgraceful behaviour. The user name I chose was "Paddy Irishman". Please feel fre to revoke my username and password. Once, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience."
Destroy him
Let's launch a Styleforum attack on their forum. I can see it now... "How dare you wear that hideous VanHeusen dress shirt while posting at our forum. I'm gonna stomp you out with my Lobb shoes." On another board I previously posted at, members from a forum called 'Tribalwars' (or something like that) got a kick out of invading and hacking other forums. What a rush, hey?
post #21 of 26
Quote:
"How dare you wear that hideous VanHeusen dress shirt while posting at our forum. I'm gonna stomp you out with my Lobb shoes."
That actually reminds me of anther forum in which I post at that is geared at haute couture/fashion. Whenever someone posts inferior items/DIY, etc. the members all start to respon in a derogatory vitriolic nature.
post #22 of 26
Although I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, I'll say it at least for sake of future police records: the Style Forum is not a base for vigilante fashion-defense attacks on other forums. Any such action is the sole (ir)responsibility of the individual who carries it out and is strongly discouraged by the Style Forum management, i.e., me.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
On another board I previously posted at, members from a forum called 'Tribalwars' (or something like that) got a kick out of invading and hacking other forums.  What a rush, hey?  
Wow... and I thought Dungeons and Dragons was the height of dorkiness... and now THIS?.?.?.?
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Although I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, I'll say it at least for sake of future police records: the Style Forum is not a base for vigilante fashion-defense attacks on other forums. Any such action is the sole (ir)responsibility of the individual who carries it out and is strongly discouraged by the Style Forum management, i.e., me.
I was being sarcastic about 'invading' other forums. However, can you imagine how funny it would be? I bet they wouldn't see that one coming...
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Quote:
On another board I previously posted at, members from a forum called 'Tribalwars' (or something like that) got a kick out of invading and hacking other forums.  What a rush, hey?  
Wow... and I thought Dungeons and Dragons was the height of dorkiness... and now THIS?.?.?.?
Oh - just realized that what I said might be confusing. I didn't mean that the members of the forum I posted at were the ones doing the invading....I meant to say that the members of TribalWars were the ones who hacked our lil' site.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Wow... and I thought Dungeons and Dragons was the height of dorkiness... and now THIS?.?.?.?
Some guys can't get laid to save they're mothers lives - not even with they're mother. And generally all their "friends" are the same type of idiots. Unfortunately, the internet allows them to find one another, instead of having to languish by themselves as nature intended. So they get off by pulling dumb crap like this. What?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Askandyaboutclothes.com