or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Askandyaboutclothes.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Askandyaboutclothes.com

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
My goodness - what is going on there?
post #2 of 26
I don't know how someone could get a thrill going off like that on a style website. It's pretty weird, as well as disturbing.
post #3 of 26
It could happen here too, unfortunately.
post #4 of 26
I don't ever recall there being a troll problem at Andy's site -- before tonight. Server problems,and slow downloading,sure. Just some kid with nothing better to do,I guess.
post #5 of 26
Let's hope that if ignored, he'll slither off in search of more stimulating venues.
post #6 of 26
This is why I like this forum's no-nonsense moderation. If they migrate here, I wholeheartedly support their banning.
post #7 of 26
Quote:
This is why I like this forum's no-nonsense moderation. If they migrate here, I wholeheartedly support their banning.
Andy put his foot down on one of the threads last week, and I'm sure he'll lower the hammer on this nimrod when he checks in again. And I hope that the bastard was stupid enough to facilitate Andy raining down his furious vengeance upon him.
post #8 of 26
I emailed Andy a couple of hours ago about it. I suspect it being a Saturday night he probably has a real life and isn't attached to his computer (like me.). It really is ridiculous.
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Andy put his foot down on one of the threads last week, and I'm sure he'll lower the hammer on this nimrod when he checks in again. And I hope that the bastard was stupid enough to facilitate Andy raining down his furious vengeance upon him.
How can he stop the guy? What's to stop him from creating new identities and signing in? It seems you can only hope that he gets burned out with this idiocy.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
How can he stop the guy? What's to stop him from creating new identities and signing in? It seems you can only hope that he gets burned out with this idiocy.
Hopefully, Andy's site is logging the IPs of the posters as they post. Given the IP and the time of the post, he may be able to figure out which ISP the poster is using, and the ISP may be able to figure out which actual user is doing the posting and may be willing to take punitive action against him. Regardless, Andy can certainly delete the users on his site who are doing the offensive posting, and he might be able to prevent other userids from being created if the poster is from a particular IP. I suppose that all of this depends on the quality of Andy's board software, but he's not helpless.
post #11 of 26
I think he needs another moderator. I don't know who 'Malinda' is, but she hasn't said a word since the forum began. If trolling threads are deleted as soon as is humanly possible, I think, it gives a clearer message.
post #12 of 26
To be honest, I think that the best thing is to ignore them, and not ban them or delete their threads, and they will eventually get bored and go away. So it makes sense for Andy and the moderator not to do anything.
post #13 of 26
Found 'em. EDIT: Link removed, so they can't backtrack through server logs. Will put it back in later... Gonna e-mail the site's host...
post #14 of 26
Quote:
To be honest, I think that the best thing is to ignore them, and not ban them or delete their threads, and they will eventually get bored and go away. So it makes sense for Andy and the moderator not to do anything.
If you ignore them, you end up with a board like the GQ Forum. This is a denial-of-service attack, and ignoring such miscreance encourages more of it.
post #15 of 26
I sent their 'forum invasion' thread to Andy - as well as saving what was left of it, so they can't claim it never was - I guess he can do with it whatever he wishes...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Askandyaboutclothes.com