• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you dress nice? You're probably gay!

adamsnez

Reaction score
Well, for starters, I'm 22 on a slim frame. People expect my age group to wear their A.Eagle, Hollister, A&F. But I don't. And this *rant* (although I'm not ranting, moreso asking) is not about "Why are you dressed up today?" (hate hearing that almost daily, ****'s ooooollllddddd already people!) After meeting new people (not always mind you!); namely girls; they ask "Are you gay?" I don't take offense to it cuz gay people are aight
laugh.gif
I ask them what makes them think that. "How you're dressed. You're so well dressed." I usually reply, "So one must be gay to dress well?" And for the record, i have NEVER seen a gay guy go out in tailored clothes, FC, etc. They always have that "I'm gay" flair to it, like those "fashion experts" you see on makeover shows. I'm never offended, it's just dumb as hell for people to assume this over something that's not important in the 21st C [read: maintaining respectable image]. I've always believed in the "you don't ask unless you're interested" standpoint, because really, why does someones sexualy pref matter to you, if you aren't interested in the first place. If you aren't, you should be impartial to it and curiosity shouldn't even strike. I *believe* as one gets older, people are less inclined to automatically think this, because it's more accepted for older folk to dress to the nines. But, if you're in the younger demographics, you're probably gay. So, do you guys ever get this because you know how to dress?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"Maybe you all are homosexuals!"

thumb1_358bc0e3d364f203e4424c0b9c70a7b8.jpg

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone on the board is gay.

Since you have posted here, you are as well.

Welcome to the club!

yo!

Reaction score
Maybe try to tone it down a bit, if you have been wearing a full suit and tie, step down to just a jacket with jeans with or without tie.

The problem with people is that they don't like anything that is drastically different. And as you said before, at that age group people think that a hollister shirt and shorts is the norm.

I like to alternate between being "all dressed up" and completely casual during the course of the week. It helps break things up and now that everyone has seen me do this I no longer get strange stares. People just accept that is how I dress.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
And for the record, i have NEVER seen a gay guy go out in tailored clothes, FC, etc. They always have that "I'm gay" flair to it, like those "fashion experts" you see on makeover shows. ?

Don't make assumptions
smile.gif
I'm sure you've seen plenty

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Don't make assumptions
smile.gif
I'm sure you've seen plenty

overly exaggerated line to help my case. I'm sure it's happened. Not much mind you, THAT i guarantee. My city is a poorly dressed one as a whole.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If I wear you I'd stop denying it to myself and come out of the closet. Ask you mother, she already knows. Maybe come to one of our "meetings" and have connemara help you see the light?

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
If I wear you I'd stop denying it to myself and come out of the closet. Ask you mother, she already knows. Maybe come to one of our "meetings" and have connemara help you see the light?
1) don't wear me

2) if i was, i'd be ok in admitting it, as i already said im 100% perfectly fine with gay people and when it comes to who you like, gender isn't the issue. Not saying this in a defensive "no im not, you are
censored.gif
" tone

3) msn meeting? i dont use AIM like all the americans

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You cannot call yourself well dressed around here until you post a picture for us to judge.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People are generally stupid and make decisions based on hearsay instead of fact. Ignore them and their dumb assumptions and keep dressing the way you want. Style is personal and not about what anyone else thinks.

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
You cannot call yourself well dressed around here until you post a picture for us to judge.
sorry for impeding the system around here, King ****.

/slides back to peasant level

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
After meeting new people (not always mind you!); namely girls; they ask "Are you gay?" I don't take offense to it cuz gay people are aight
laugh.gif
I ask them what makes them think that.

Buddy, that's a perfect icebreaker... Just say "come over to my place tonight and I'll show you how gay I am..." and then ******** with her.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Everyone on the board is gay.

Since you have posted here, you are as well.

Welcome to the club!

What happened to the "Looking for a ride down the Hershey highway" thread?

effang

Reaction score
this is completely honest, but I am sure a good # of the community here is gay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads