or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy shoe trees in Toronto
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where to buy shoe trees in Toronto

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Anyone know where to get cedar shoe trees in Toronto that won't break the bank?

The only "value" trees I have seen have been at Winners/Homesense in size XL 11-13 (I wear 7.5) and a one size fits all (8.5w and larger) split toe from Bed Bath and Beyond (2 for $19 - excellent value IMO if your shoe size is big enough.)

The prices everywhere else that I have seen are crazy $$$.
post #2 of 24
I bought mine from eBay seller zelikovitz leather (based in Ottawa). About $50 shipped for 3 pairs of Rochester "premium" trees. Not the greatest trees, but the price is reasonable and shipping within Canada is fast and free of customs hassles.
post #3 of 24
Check out your local cobblers. There is a cobbler in the local mall near my house (scarborough) that sells a pair for approximately $25, but I'm not sure about the quality.
post #4 of 24
Speaking of cobblers, can someone recommend one? The closest to me is Nick's (I think) on Dupont and Davenport -- they make their own, rather clunky shoes, and seem reasonably competent, but I haven't really had to use them for anything major. Anyone tried them? Others?
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind88 View Post
Check out your local cobblers. There is a cobbler in the local mall near my house (scarborough) that sells a pair for approximately $25, but I'm not sure about the quality.

I have checked many cobblers but they all hover from the $25-$35 range. Overpriced for what they are. I am looking for tress at less than $20. They don't need to be best, just something made of cedar.
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gj555 View Post
I have checked many cobblers but they all hover from the $25-$35 range. Overpriced for what they are. I am looking for tress at less than $20. They don't need to be best, just something made of cedar.
$25-$35 is the market price for cedar trees
post #7 of 24
Or, you could pay $90.00 for cedar at Harry Rosen!
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Or, you could pay $90.00 for cedar at Harry Rosen!

Huh? What kind of shoe tree do you get for $90???
post #9 of 24
the tree is still attached
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSDSpaniard View Post
the tree is still attached
Then its a bargain!
post #11 of 24
There is a good place at 1240 Bay, just North of Bloor. They sell Woodlore. There are two place slightly south of Bloor: one on the west side of Bay just North of the new "UCondos" and one in the basement of the Manulife Centre. Both sell cedar trees. However, they are probably $20-30, this is the average price for decent cedar. But, if you need to finance expanding your flagship store 3 stories up then, yes, you sell them for some outrageous price, like Harry Rosen. That place pisses me off everytime I walked by. I don't know what I hate more there, the idiot customers or the D-bag sales people.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post
I bought mine from eBay seller zelikovitz leather (based in Ottawa). About $50 shipped for 3 pairs of Rochester "premium" trees. Not the greatest trees, but the price is reasonable and shipping within Canada is fast and free of customs hassles.

+1 I'm happy with what I got from them.
post #13 of 24
Do They have a Dack's there? I got some here in Edmonton for a reasonable price IIRC. Every time I go down south though, I get a pair or two at Nordstrom Rack. I think they are 15 there for the split toe standard type cedar ones.
post #14 of 24
SOrry to hijack but didn't wanna start another thread.

Can I use 'regular' shoe trees in boots? Or are there special trees for boots?
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
SOrry to hijack but didn't wanna start another thread.

Can I use 'regular' shoe trees in boots? Or are there special trees for boots?

Both.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy shoe trees in Toronto