• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy shoe trees in Toronto

gj555

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get cedar shoe trees in Toronto that won't break the bank?

The only "value" trees I have seen have been at Winners/Homesense in size XL 11-13 (I wear 7.5) and a one size fits all (8.5w and larger) split toe from Bed Bath and Beyond (2 for $19 - excellent value IMO if your shoe size is big enough.)

The prices everywhere else that I have seen are crazy $$$.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from eBay seller zelikovitz leather (based in Ottawa). About $50 shipped for 3 pairs of Rochester "premium" trees. Not the greatest trees, but the price is reasonable and shipping within Canada is fast and free of customs hassles.

wind88

Reaction score
Check out your local cobblers. There is a cobbler in the local mall near my house (scarborough) that sells a pair for approximately $25, but I'm not sure about the quality.

literasyme

Reaction score
Speaking of cobblers, can someone recommend one? The closest to me is Nick's (I think) on Dupont and Davenport -- they make their own, rather clunky shoes, and seem reasonably competent, but I haven't really had to use them for anything major. Anyone tried them? Others?

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wind88
Check out your local cobblers. There is a cobbler in the local mall near my house (scarborough) that sells a pair for approximately $25, but I'm not sure about the quality.

I have checked many cobblers but they all hover from the $25-$35 range. Overpriced for what they are. I am looking for tress at less than $20. They don't need to be best, just something made of cedar.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gj555
I have checked many cobblers but they all hover from the $25-$35 range. Overpriced for what they are. I am looking for tress at less than $20. They don't need to be best, just something made of cedar.
$25-$35 is the market price for cedar trees

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Or, you could pay $90.00 for cedar at Harry Rosen!

Huh? What kind of shoe tree do you get for $90???

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
the tree is still attached
bounce2.gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a good place at 1240 Bay, just North of Bloor. They sell Woodlore. There are two place slightly south of Bloor: one on the west side of Bay just North of the new "UCondos" and one in the basement of the Manulife Centre. Both sell cedar trees. However, they are probably $20-30, this is the average price for decent cedar.

But, if you need to finance expanding your flagship store 3 stories up then, yes, you sell them for some outrageous price, like Harry Rosen. That place pisses me off everytime I walked by. I don't know what I hate more there, the idiot customers or the D-bag sales people.

Fabro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
I bought mine from eBay seller zelikovitz leather (based in Ottawa). About $50 shipped for 3 pairs of Rochester "premium" trees. Not the greatest trees, but the price is reasonable and shipping within Canada is fast and free of customs hassles.

+1 I'm happy with what I got from them.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do They have a Dack's there? I got some here in Edmonton for a reasonable price IIRC. Every time I go down south though, I get a pair or two at Nordstrom Rack. I think they are 15 there for the split toe standard type cedar ones.

Confucius

Reaction score
SOrry to hijack but didn't wanna start another thread.

Can I use 'regular' shoe trees in boots? Or are there special trees for boots?

J Simulcik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confucius
SOrry to hijack but didn't wanna start another thread.

Can I use 'regular' shoe trees in boots? Or are there special trees for boots?

Both.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads