or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

tell me if this would be overtraining - Page 4

post #46 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Nice try. I note you did not even reply to my many strong and cogent arguments why balls to the wall training is the best and most effective method and not the exclusive realm of drug taking pro body builders. Instead you resorted to direct personal queries against me. You obviously do not realize whether I look or do not look like Reeves or Jay doesn’t matter. As long as others achieve results or look better than the biceps brigade, that matters. By default, I am right and hence have won the argument. I expect your full support and to be a loyal adherent for my above theories in future. Thanks, I will quote your support in future.
In other words, you're a moron and you have yet to support your claims with any evidence. Saying there's evidence is different from actually presenting some, so, present EVIDENCE. You get one more post before I write you off forever as a wannabe idiot, who decided one day they were going to get HUGE, read some threads on BB.com about "balls to the walls training" and "FEAR FAKTOR BENCHZ" and became an expert overnight, despite already having lost their original motivation to train and achieve anything.
post #47 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
Would you please post an example of one of your "balls to the wall" workouts?

Gladly!

For chest, I can start with flat bench or flat dumb press.

I will warm up thoroughly starting with the bar and 30% to 50% to 70% of the weight I intend to use.
I will actually start counting the sets from the actual weight I intend to use onwards.
Warm up sets not counted. I can do 2 or 3 or 5 or 7 sets of bench.

I realize my second set at the same or slightly heavier weight will be the optimum set and I can actually press more.

I will superset the second set onwards with flat dumb flyes or pre-exhaust with dumb flyes. Dumb flyes thoroughly warmed up with the same method of course.

My fourth set can be a drop set with the drop set at 80% of the weight.

After this, I will do heavy dumb press at 90% of my last weight used for heavy dumb press. I can superset flat bench with flat dumb press.

I have done heavy flat dumbs followed by flat bench. My last set of flat bench saw me almost dropping the bar but I still gut it out. Fear factor style of course.

After that, will be incline bench mixed with incline flyes or incline dumb press.

I will finish off with a set of unweighted dips.

The key is to use heavy weights with drop, super set, pre-exhaust etc.
You have to confuse your muscles and set and rep count aint that important.
But you have to do better than your last workout in terms of rep or set range.
You can do at a comfortable pace. My warm up can be 1 min between sets but actual sets can be 3 min or more.

I have done say 6 reps heavy bench. Next set, I could do 6 or 8 reps after a grueling dumb fly pre-exhaust set. That's what happens when you gut it out and not chicken out because my male boobies are exhausted after the pre-exhaust and hence cannot do 6 reps. Ha!

After a full set, which incidentally can take 1 to 1.5 hours by itself, your male boobies would be trembling and your arms would be trembling. You cant hold a glass of water without shaking I tell ya. You will be out of breath and nausea and glassy eyes isn't uncommon.

If you do that, that's a real workout. The rest is just wussing out. Try it.
post #48 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
It is preposterous that participants who take performance enhancing products would not be banned for such competitions. It may be the case AT THAT TIME because medical science at that time did not make the correlation but it certainly is now.

I think you need your head checked. As I said above, Arnie could train harder because he used steroids. It's a pretty well known fact that steroids make you able to train harder and longer and recover faster. Yes, at the time it was legal, which has nothing to do with my statement. You're the one who jumped to the conclusion that I was putting Schwarzenegger down, which I wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
By default, I am right and hence have won the argument. I expect your full support and to be a loyal adherent for my above theories in future. Thanks, I will quote your support in future.
Ha ha ha, what?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
In other words, you're a moron and you have yet to support your claims with any evidence. Saying there's evidence is different from actually presenting some, so, present EVIDENCE. You get one more post before I write you off forever as a wannabe idiot.
+ 1.
post #49 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
In other words, you're a moron and you have yet to support your claims with any evidence. Saying there's evidence is different from actually presenting some, so, present EVIDENCE. You get one more post before I write you off forever as a wannabe idiot, who decided one day they were going to get HUGE, read some threads on BB.com about "balls to the walls training" and "FEAR FAKTOR BENCHZ" and became an expert overnight, despite already having lost their original motivation to train and achieve anything.

Well since you are an authority of morons (I wonder is it due to personal experience) who can only ask and cannot read nor comprehend, I will let you stew in your juices.
post #50 of 216
Quote:
This message is hidden because beasty is on your ignore list.
The first person I've put on ignore on styleforum.
post #51 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Well since you are an authority of morons (I wonder is it due to personal experience) who can only ask and cannot read nor comprehend, I will let you stew in your juices.
Awesome man, enjoy the rest of your life content as a moron who is neither intellectually or physically fit.
post #52 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
I think you need your head checked. As I said above, Arnie could train harder because he used steroids. It's a pretty well known fact that steroids make you able to train harder and longer and recover faster. Yes, at the time it was legal, which has nothing to do with my statement. You're the one who jumped to the conclusion that I was putting Schwarzenegger down, which I wasn't.


Ha ha ha, what?!?


+ 1.

Don't you read, woman?

Thanks to Eason, we know Governator said he only used it for maintenance! Just like you use a cheap can of wax to polish a Ferrari. A Ferrari cant go 280 kmh an hour due to the wax. It can because of its design and whats in it.

So Arnie didn't get big due to what he used for maintenance. He got big due to his sheer hardwork, dedication, determination etc.
post #53 of 216
Quote:
beasty
This message is hidden because beasty is on your ignore list.
I dunno what you just wrote (and don't care to check) but I'm going to sit here and assume it was something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty
Well I guess the important thing is that everyone trains with a whole body approach and works towards being physically fit. I think training like Arny is better but I recognize that professionals have given you guys different advice. I'd just like to congratulate everyone who goes to the gym on their commitment to bettering themselves, regardless of how they choose to train. Just be careful of injury and good luck to you all!

I agree. Nicely put! And may I congratulate you on your increased civility and logic since I started making up what you say!
post #54 of 216
Quote:
I agree. Nicely put! And may I congratulate you on your increased civility and logic since I started making up what you say!
gg no re
post #55 of 216
Idiots.
post #56 of 216
If you're going to put people on ignore just do it and stop telling the world you did it. I doubt beasty cares.
post #57 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
If you're going to put people on ignore just do it and stop telling the world you did it. I doubt beasty cares.

Thanks for sharing.
post #58 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
I doubt beasty cares.

Exactly. In fact no one cares.
post #59 of 216
The most amusing thing about The Imaginaut are his strange, childish, but often-repeated terms of art. "Male boobies" (seriously, I don't think The Imaginaut has ever once said "pec" or "pectoral" unless he was using the name of a specific exercise), "balls to the wall".... It's like watching a five year old overuse a phrase he heard from his older brother. If you put him on ignore, you're missing half the fun.
post #60 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
The most amusing thing about The Imaginaut are his strange, childish, but often-repeated terms of art. "Male boobies" (seriously, I don't think The Imaginaut has ever once said "pec" or "pectoral" unless he was using the name of a specific exercise), "balls to the wall".... It's like watching a five year old overuse a phrase he heard from his older brother. If you put him on ignore, you're missing half the fun.

I believe Cutler got his start as a pegboy for the older IFBB bodybuilders, so it's appropriate language for a young padawan.

lefty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining