or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

tell me if this would be overtraining - Page 3

post #31 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
He also took steroids.

Some of you guys are nuts! Most articles and advice from professionals tell you to keep weights to about an hour, every second day. I know that for me, after doing an hour workout I feel totally drained. I also only do each muscle group once per week (except abs, which I do as a warmup every session). My weekly breakdown looks like this:

Monday: Middle & Upper Back + Biceps
Tuesday: Shoulders + lower back + weighted side oblique workout
Thursday: Legs (Quads, Hamstrings, calves)
Friday: Pectorals + Triceps
Saturday: 1 hours swim
Sunday: Running


Really? You got evidence on that? If so, why don't you produce it?

I bet Governator will get sacked if it was known he was repeatedly taking illegal substances to win sporting events. Look at Slick Willy and his marijuana and Lewinsky gate scandal. How can a man like that a state with an economy that can rival other nations.

What exactly did you do for one hour? Unless you are really training balls to the walls, I don't see how you can claim to be totally drained.

A good chest workout would involve doing heavy flat bench or flat dumb presses. They should be so heavy that your male boobies would be so engorged with blood that Pam Anderson would be envious. You would then follow up with flys and incline bench. You are talking about 5 good sets of exercise.

There should be plenty of supersets, drop sets, pre- exhaust and rest pause techniques. If you just do standard 6 reps of 3 sets, then my friend, you cannot claim to be totally exhausted.

After a good chest workout, your triceps would be blasted and you can only do biceps.

So tell me: Have you been doing that? If not, can you say you feel totally drained? You guys should really workout. Then you would know what is real exhaustion and you will have new found respect for Jay.
post #32 of 216
beasty I'm going to need you to post a picture of yourself if I'm going to continue reading your posts.
post #33 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Really? You got evidence on that? If so, why don't you produce it?

I bet Governator will get sacked if it was known he was repeatedly taking illegal substances to win sporting events. Look at Slick Willy and his marijuana and Lewinsky gate scandal. How can a man like that a state with an economy that can rival other nations.

HUH? Arnold has admitted to using anabolic steroids. While advocating against them.
post #34 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano View Post
HUH? Arnold has admitted to using anabolic steroids. While advocating against them.

Really? Does it mean Ben Johnson is fit and competent to be PM for Canada?

I know it is in vogue to demolish a society's idols but come on!
Its Arnold we are talking about. I mean he played a large part in popularizing bodybuilding in America! He is a bona fide Hollywood megastar! And if the laws are tweaked, I bet he and Palin can get more votes than McCain and Palin.
post #35 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
beasty I'm going to need you to post a picture of yourself if I'm going to continue reading your posts.

What has that got to do with anything?
If you claim to work in a gym, you would know that is the proper way to workout and not do 3 sets of 6 or 8 or 10 all the while.

And the best part of training balls to the walls is the pushing beyond a sticking point.
For example, your last chest press may yield you 8 reps but if you push yourself, you can do 10 reps and maybe 1 or 2 half reps.
post #36 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Really? Does it mean Ben Johnson is fit and competent to be PM for Canada?

I know it is in vogue to demolish a society's idols but come on!
Its Arnold we are talking about. I mean he played a large part in popularizing bodybuilding in America! He is a bona fide Hollywood megastar! And if the laws are tweaked, I bet he and Palin can get more votes than McCain and Palin.

What do you mean really? You're the one who challenged another to produce evidence. Arnold using steroids is a known fact, its out there as public knowledge.

What this has to do with Ben Johnson and his Stanozol I don't know.
post #37 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano View Post
What do you mean really? You're the one who challenged another to produce evidence. Arnold using steroids is a known fact, its out there as public knowledge.

What this has to do with Ben Johnson and his Stanozol I don't know.

I mean:

Produce this "˜known fact' that Arnold deliberately cheated to attain personal sporting glory.
If this "˜known fact' is true, then why did it not deter Arnold from attaining higher political office. If so, maybe OJ can be the next Governor of Florida or even POTUS?
post #38 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
What has that got to do with anything? If you claim to work in a gym, you would know that is the proper way to workout and not do 3 sets of 6 or 8 or 10 all the while. And the best part of training balls to the walls is the pushing beyond a sticking point. For example, your last chest press may yield you 8 reps but if you push yourself, you can do 10 reps and maybe 1 or 2 half reps.
I know what the "proper" way(s) to do any kind of workout is depending on your goals, I'm directing my questions to you because you talk about BB workouts all the time because they make you look "like Jay", so obviously I'm interested in seeing your picture since you must look like Jay Cutler. If you don't look like him (or even remotely impressive, which would be a better standard), then please shut up about how awesome your training routine is since it is the only benchmark to determine whether you're full of crap or not. I won't even get started on your bizarre non-sequitor strawman argument about Schwarzenegger's use of steroids. He admitted to using steroids in his 1977 booklet: “I will not speak for my colleagues, but I will write of my experience with tissue-building drugs. Yes, I have used them, but no, they didn’t make me what I am. Anabolic steroids were helpful to me in maintaining muscle size while on a strict diet in preparation for a contest. I did not use them for muscle growth, but rather for muscle maintenance when cutting up.”
post #39 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
I mean: Produce this ‘known fact’ that Arnold deliberately cheated to attain personal sporting glory. If this ‘known fact’ is true, then why did it not deter Arnold from attaining higher political office. If so, maybe OJ can be the next Governor of Florida or even POTUS?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7035676/
Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has acknowledged using steroids during his years as a champion body builder, said he doesn’t regret using the performance-enhancing drugs. In an interview to be broadcast Sunday, Schwarzenegger told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, “I have no regrets about it, because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors’ supervision.” Schwarzenegger has acknowledged taking steroids, but pointed out that they were legal at the time.
If things were as he said, he didn't cheat since they were legal but there is no doubt he took steroids. Anyways, here's a picture of Arnold enjoying a non-performance enhancing drug: There's a video out there of it also.
post #40 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
I know what the "proper" way(s) to do any kind of workout is depending on your goals, I'm directing my questions to you because you talk about BB workouts all the time because they make you look "like Jay", so obviously I'm interested in seeing your picture since you must look like Jay Cutler. If you don't look like him (or even remotely impressive, which would be a better standard), then please shut up about how awesome your training routine is since it is the only benchmark to determine whether you're full of crap or not.

I won't even get started on your bizarre non-sequitor strawman argument about Schwarzenegger's use of steroids. He admitted to using steroids in his 1977 booklet: "I will not speak for my colleagues, but I will write of my experience with tissue-building drugs. Yes, I have used them, but no, they didn't make me what I am. Anabolic steroids were helpful to me in maintaining muscle size while on a strict diet in preparation for a contest. I did not use them for muscle growth, but rather for muscle maintenance when cutting up."

Wrong! I never said I look like Jay or Ronnie or impressive for that matter. I am saying the advice and routine of Jay or other professional bodybuilders are logical, effective and certainly superior to the cockamamie ideas touted here. I mean you have guys like why who probably will advocate training left biceps with left calves and traps as an effective bodybuilding regime. And the poor ignorant sops will believe it. Ha!

There is totally nothing wrong with doing a full body split. This is not the domain of pro bodybuilding only. I have explained how it works. I have also explained how training balls to the walls to exhaustion is correct because it exhausts your muscles and your muscles will have to grow and adapt to meet your next workout. Those who oppose to this principle are the same lazy ass dingus who does biceps every other workout and not balls to the walls of course.

Training like that of course won't make you look like Jay but it is certainly more effective than the aforesaid biceps workout.

You should enroll yourself in some community college course on understanding English and concepts.

Thanks for your help on the Governator. This confirms his accomplishments are solely due to his abilities and steroid plays a minimal probably 0.0000001% contribution to his accomplishments. This would silence Shraka's misguided views that Arnie's 30 set workout which took in excess of 1.5 hours and probably on a daily basis was fueled by chemical substances. It was fuieled by Arnie's rock solid determination and sheer force of will. This is the same hallmark of success that can be found in Dorian, Lee, Ronnie, Jay and others. I am sure this trait can be found in many successful people around the world from Lew Ham to Buffet. All those lazy ass dorks here who thinks doing 3 sets of biceps curl every other workout should take note. Thanks for your support.
post #41 of 216
If "old school" is bad and makes you look like Steve Reeves and new school makes you look like Jay Cutler, then why do you look like neither? Is it because you aren't training and eating properly?
post #42 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Really? You got evidence on that? If so, why don’t you produce it?
Err, okay. I thought it was just common knowledge. He has come out and said he used them. I don't believe it was actually against the rules for the Mr Olympia competitions. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in676684.shtml EDIT: Okay I noticed some of your responses to other people who posted up this evidence. You're a loony. My point about Arnie was that steroids allow you to go harder and recover faster. Muscles require recovery time, which can be up to a week for a natural trainer if you work the muscles really hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
I bet Governator will get sacked if it was known he was repeatedly taking illegal substances to win sporting events.
Well... he hasn't been despite it being known by just about everyone who cares to look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
What exactly did you do for one hour? Unless you are really training balls to the walls, I don’t see how you can claim to be totally drained.
Well for example on Fridays, I do: Abs to warm up for about 5-10 minutes. Bench: 1 warmup, 3 sets, 6-8 reps Tricep pushdown: 1 warmup, 3 sets, 6-8 reps Decline Bench: 3 sets, 6-8 reps Skull crusher: 2 sets, 6-8 reps Incline dumbbell Bench: 2 sets, 6-8 reps
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
So tell me: Have you been doing that? If not, can you say you feel totally drained? You guys should really workout. Then you would know what is real exhaustion and you will have new found respect for Jay.
By the incline dumbbell I have to use less weight than I would if I'd started with it because my muscles are so exhausted. The skull crushers are also really hard. Driving home I am glad that I have power steering and live close by.
post #43 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
Err, okay. I thought it was just common knowledge. He has come out and said he used them. I don't believe it was actually against the rules for the Mr Olympia competitions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in676684.shtml


Well... he hasn't been despite it being known by just about everyone who cares to look.


Well for example on Fridays, I do:
Abs to warm up for about 5-10 minutes.
Bench: 1 warmup, 3 sets, 6-8 reps
Tricep pushdown: 1 warmup, 3 sets, 6-8 reps
Decline Bench: 3 sets, 6-8 reps
Skull crusher: 2 sets, 6-8 reps
Incline dumbbell Bench: 2 sets, 6-8 reps


By the incline dumbbell I have to use less weight than I would if I'd started with it because my muscles are so exhausted. The skull crushers are also really hard. Driving home I am glad that I have power steering and live close by.


It is preposterous that participants who take performance enhancing products would not be banned for such competitions. It may be the case AT THAT TIME because medical science at that time did not make the correlation but it certainly is now.
post #44 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
If "old school" is bad and makes you look like Steve Reeves and new school makes you look like Jay Cutler, then why do you look like neither? Is it because you aren't training and eating properly?

Nice try. I note you did not even reply to my many strong and cogent arguments why balls to the wall training is the best and most effective method and not the exclusive realm of drug taking pro body builders.

Instead you resorted to direct personal queries against me. You obviously do not realize whether I look or do not look like Reeves or Jay doesn't matter. As long as others achieve results or look better than the biceps brigade, that matters.

By default, I am right and hence have won the argument. I expect your full support and to be a loyal adherent for my above theories in future. Thanks, I will quote your support in future.
post #45 of 216
Would you please post an example of one of your "balls to the wall" workouts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining