or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

tell me if this would be overtraining - Page 10

post #136 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Yah 'from what I can tell'. That speaks volumes about you! Haha!
And there is no need for any insults from me when you direct it on yourself!
Chortle!

I can tell you still resort to personal attacks. For shame! People like you are in the stone ages. You cant rebut any points, so you only attack the individual.

You aren't making any points, there's nothing to contest. Look, I don't care about your sexuality, I don't judge people for being born a certain way, you can't help that, but you can definitely help being uneducated.
post #137 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
You aren't making any points, there's nothing to contest. Look, I don't care about your sexuality, I don't judge people for being born a certain way, you can't help that, but you can definitely help being uneducated.

I agree.

Quentin Crisp once wisely said, "everyday I endeavor to be more like myself." That's all people here are trying to help you with, beasty. Accepting who you are.

I'd hate to see you end up like so many young BBs do. Being paid for private naked posing sessions for a room filled with older wealthy men.

lefty
post #138 of 216
This thread made me laugh out loud
post #139 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bach View Post
thanks for ruining my thread guys

I share your disdain and disgust at these morons.

Not content with their mediocre physiques, they wont stop until the rest are like them and in the meantime pollute the internet with their malicious and unfounded lies about gays, grotesque, drug-taking etc etc. I feel sorry for them even if they fail to see the obvious themselves.
post #140 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
Beasty,

Could you please explain to me how having very large muscles helps in:

-Gatherering berries and nuts? (IE: long distance walks)
-Hunting in the traditional sense, with spears and such?
-Fighting another man, both with your bare hands and a sword?


Because I don't see how those very large muscles will help you in any of these endeavours, in fact - they will most likely only slow you down. But this is how thousands of years of evolution has made us, that's what nature has intended us to do.

What are you babbling about?
Newsflash! This is 2008 AD not 2008 BC, no one gives a shit about gathering berries, hunting and fighting another man. Hello!!

If you think looking big and impressive does not help you nail the boardroom presentation, those drinking sessions with your boss and that big client account, then you should get out of flipping burgers at the local Macdonalds and get into another line of work.
post #141 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
On this side, David. On the other, Goliath.

Who won that battle again?

lefty

Thats a fictitious story you moron.
post #142 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
What are you babbling about?
Newsflash! This is 2008 AD not 2008 BC, no one gives a shit about gathering berries, hunting and fighting another man. Hello!!

If you think looking big and impressive does not help you nail the boardroom presentation, those drinking sessions with your boss and that big client account, then you should get out of flipping burgers at the local Macdonalds and get into another line of work.

We are 'designed' by thousands of years of evolution for these specific tasks. A few milennia of civilisation are not going to alter our DNA so that our diet and ideal physique will differ.
post #143 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
We are 'designed' by thousands of years of evolution for these specific tasks. A few milennia of civilisation are not going to alter our DNA so that our diet and ideal physique will differ.

For the most part that is true and I agree with your general point, but the fact that many populations that developed dairying as a means of subsistance also show high levels of lactose tolerance compared to those populations who did not suggest that a "few" millennia of civilization can have effects on our DNA (or at least gene frequencies) and cause differences in our diet.
post #144 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
We are 'designed' by thousands of years of evolution for these specific tasks. A few milennia of civilisation are not going to alter our DNA so that our diet and ideal physique will differ.

Oh really? Oh really, Mr Charles Big Shot Darwin?

Please pray tell what are these 'specific tasks' that altered micro-organisms' DNA to enable them to climb out of the cesspool?

And based on what you allege, then why is it that humans are not ill suited to be infront of the computer monitor and phones all day working? Hey, I bet when thousands of years of evolution came into play, there were no grand arching master plan to 'design' your DNA so you can do office work and not your hunting, fighitng and berry picking you seem to adore, you anachronistic throwback.

People like Jay have been the norm in physiques for decades, going back to Arnold and Sergio. But it seems to have pass you by, just like indoor plumbing.
post #145 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post
For the most part that is true and I agree with your general point, but the fact that many populations that developed dairying as a means of subsistance also show high levels of lactose tolerance compared to those populations who did not suggest that a "few" millennia of civilization can have effects on our DNA (or at least gene frequencies) and cause differences in our diet.

Your point just shows adaptability in the human DNA. Just like the body is forced to adapt to new pressures everyday. Just like Jay's physique. This is nothing new and has been known for decades. This just reinforces Darwin's theories.
post #146 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
And based on what you allege, then why is it that humans are not ill suited to be infront of the computer monitor and phones all day working?

In some ways they are ill suited to these tasks, thats why people who work in offices and sit for long periods of time experience things like back pain, neck pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. It's also one of the reasons why many of them are overweight and obese (due to their long periods of inactivity).
post #147 of 216
Kas,

On the bullet points, a fairly high degree of strength (with a concomitant level of mass) would have afforded greater success within the evolutionary framework. The issue becomes whether selective pressures would accommodate the increased metabolism and caloric need arising from a very heavy musculature in conjunction wtih a large brain. If the fate of this fellow can serve as example, it would seem not.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/ (Keyword search: Facts and Artifacts of Ancient DNA.)

There are however many examples of powerfully built living hunter/gatherer-esque groups. These guys come to mind:
http://www.crossfitoakland.com/Papua...aro_Mudman.JPG

Not to niggle, but the archaic notion of "big and slow" individuals (as applied to strongmen) is without base. One need only view modern world-class sprinters to realize that it is in fact their powerful muscles that enable them to approach the limits of human bipedal speed.

GradStudent78/Buckaroo Banzai makes some good points, though I'd suggest that the retention of Lactase post weaning as response to consistent animal milk consumption would occur much more rapidly than tolerance of a new/novel substance (say, Gluten), with effects manifesting clinically as Celiac and being implicated in a host of other maladies.

R.B.
post #148 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand B View Post
Kas,

On the bullet points, a fairly high degree of strength (with a concomitant level of mass) would have afforded greater success within the evolutionary framework. The issue becomes whether selective pressures would accommodate the increased metabolism and caloric need arising from a heavy musculature in conjunction wtih a large brain. If the fate of this fellow can serve as example, it would seem not.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...%3D9 <br />

There are however many examples of powerfully built modern hunter/gatherer-esque groups. These guys come to mind:
http://www.crossfitoakland.com/Papua...aro_Mudman.JPG

Not to niggle, but the archaic notion of "big and slow" individuals (as applied to strongmen) is without base. One need only view modern world-class sprinters to realize that it is in fact their powerful muscles that enable them to approach the limits of human bipedal speed.

GradStudent78/Buckaroo Banzai makes some good points, though I'd suggest that the retention of Lactase post weaning as response to consistent animal milk consumption would occur much more rapidly than tolerance of a new/novel substance (say, Gluten), with effects manifesting clinically as Celiac and being implicated in a host of other maladies.

R.B.

Right on brother! Power to the people.
Took the exact same words out of my mouth.
I couldnt have put it better myself. Uncanny the similarity in our wavelengths.
Enough said! Peace out!
post #149 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Right on brother! Power to the people.
Took the exact same words out of my mouth.
I couldnt have put it better myself. Uncanny the similarity in our wavelengths.
Enough said! Peace out!

post #150 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post

No joke. I hope, at some point, that whoever's puppeteering beasty will step forward and take a bow when he gets bored.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › tell me if this would be overtraining