or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Prada Linea Rossa?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prada Linea Rossa? - Page 2

post #16 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanrose View Post
In New York, that style Prada is becoming associated with a more urban crowd, but that may be what you're into.

Same in Manchester, UK - lots of teenage chavs with peaked caps, Evisus, burberry check and the high-top Pradas (which are a truly bizarre design)...
post #17 of 73
Has those same americas cup made in italy and served me well for over 4 years through rain and everything. They're just not that great looking, get some all black common projects achilles instead in plain or perforated=problem solved.
post #18 of 73
I have a pair of slip-ons from the same line. They've held up well, though the leather isn't great. The styling is a bit dated, but they are incredibly comfortable.
post #19 of 73
agree with jet. there are plenty of all-black cp lowtops that will look better and be of better quality for the same price. problem solved, ugly prada shoe crisis averted.
post #20 of 73
I have a pair of the same shoes except in silver mesh and grey suede which I purchased on sale for about 40% off 3 years ago. I don't wear them often, but they have held up very well. The uppers look brand new and the bottoms are showing minimal wear. They are very comfortable, and I'm always sure to take them anywhere I intend to do lots of walking.

That said, those plain black ones look ugly, and the Bally alternative someone pointed out looks much better. If you wear those to the club it will not come off as stylish and dress, it will come off looking like a nurse's shoe. Mainly because it has a really chunky sole, and nowadays low-profile soles seem to be whats in fashion. At full-price, you're paying a pretty hefty premium for the brand name, but then again I'm not convinced any pair of sneakers is worth that amount of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
the new Prada Sport sneakers like the above are Made in Vietnam and total crap; the older America's Cup sneakers, made in Italy, weren't bad... though overpriced at $295 (though my pairs held up fairly well), so I can't imagine how Prada thinks that $330 for shittier made Vietnamese sneakers is a good idea.

I'm confused. I thought the common accusation against Prada was that they were always labelled as "Made in Italy" but outsourced most of their production to the far east and just did final assembly in Italy. Has Prada actually taken this a step further by totally outsourcing to Vietnam from beginning to end?
post #21 of 73
^Yep... these shoes actually say "Made in Vietnam" right on them... Much of the "Luna Rossa" or Prada Sport/Linea Rossa items aren't made in Italy and aren't advertised as such... tees are made in China, nylon jackets are China or eastern Europe (I've seen Bulgaria, Romania, etc.), shoes/sneakers made in Vietnam and marked accordingly. Nevertheless, amongst bags and such, I think they probably are pulling the "made in China, final assembly in Italy" switch. Some of the bags, too (especially Miu MIu) are made in Turkey and marked as such.
post #22 of 73
Back in 2000, I had a pair of these and loved them. They held up pretty well, and I sold them on Ebay a few years later for a decent price. The issue that I see is that these shoes have been knocked off a million ways. Just do a search for them on Ebay - you'll see thousands of them. They're simply played out. Common Projects is a nice option if you want the pricey "club" sneaker. Swear London also has good options at a $200 price point.
post #23 of 73
Yeah, i just bought two P.S. nylon jackets from the barneys sale (originally 1000 and 500) and was pretty let down to see that they were made in Romania. I remember when all prada sport was made in Italy...
post #24 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Yeah, i just bought two P.S. nylon jackets from the barneys sale (originally 1000 and 500) and was pretty let down to see that they were made in Romania. I remember when all prada sport was made in Italy...
Yeah, older Prada sport is pretty good... I've got some items from the late 90's to 2002 to or so and they've held up amazingly well (including denim from before the "prada jeans" era). I also remember back in the late 90's when Miuccia Prada said in an interview something to the effect that she couldn't IMAGINE producing outside of Italy because she liked so much supporting domestic industry and being true to that heritage. How much has changed! It's amazing how much a $900+ million dollar debt (which what Prada has right now) will do for your "principles."
post #25 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Yeah, older Prada sport is pretty good... I've got some items from the late 90's to 2002 to or so and they've held up amazingly well (including denim from before the "prada jeans" era).

I also remember back in the late 90's when Miuccia Prada said in an interview something to the effect that she couldn't IMAGINE producing outside of Italy because she liked so much supporting domestic industry and being true to that heritage.

How much has changed! It's amazing how much a $900+ million dollar debt (which what Prada has right now) will do for your "principles."



I though prada was doing good due to strong sales in the emerging markets, especially brazil...Am I thinking of another brand?
post #26 of 73
This one from Gucci you may like but I not sure about the quality though:

post #27 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind88 View Post
This one from Gucci you may like but I not sure about the quality though:


I've seen that before, don't dig "Gucci" written on the side of the shoe.
post #28 of 73
I will add that I believe, stylistically, this shoe is going to be more versatile, and looks more up-to-date, if you're sold on PRADA: http://barneys.com/Bicycle%20Toe%20V...start=136&sz=1 The thinner sole may not be as comfortable for walking, though. I cannot comment on this, however, never having owned these. However, I see these as going with more outfits than the sneaker. If you are sold on a sneaker-inspired shoe, I would say these are better than those Pradas in every way: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10650732 My dad has several pairs of these in various colors and swears by them for travel.
post #29 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
I will add that I believe, stylistically, this shoe is going to be more versatile, and looks more up-to-date, if you're sold on PRADA: http://barneys.com/Bicycle%20Toe%20V...start=136&sz=1 The thinner sole may not be as comfortable for walking, though. I cannot comment on this, however, never having owned these. However, I see these as going with more outfits than the sneaker. If you are sold on a sneaker-inspired shoe, I would say these are better than those Pradas in every way: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10650732 My dad has several pairs of these in various colors and swears by them for travel.
yeah, i like those Tod's much better.....that's kind of the style I'm looking for I think......I think I'm not going to purchase the Pradas...I'll check out a Tods store in the near future..i think there's one at South Coast Plaza, where I go frequently..I'm putting a longer timeline on this purchase, several months I think....will try out a few different varieties until I find something. I have a pair of Via Spiga shoes that are kind of like that.
post #30 of 73
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Prada Linea Rossa?