or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official MMA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official MMA thread - Page 345

post #5161 of 5436
I'm going to miss the PPV. I think the card is a bit underwhelming aside from the main event. I would love to see Evans LNP Jones for 25 minutes en route to the title, but it's not going to happen. Jones by third-round TKO.
post #5162 of 5436
Evans doesn't make it past the 2nd round.
post #5163 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I'm going to miss the PPV. I think the card is a bit underwhelming aside from the main event. I would love to see Evans LNP Jones for 25 minutes en route to the title, but it's not going to happen. Jones by third-round TKO.

Jones has never been taken down. Ever. I don't think Evans is going to be the guy to do it.
post #5164 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Jones has never been taken down. Ever. I don't think Evans is going to be the guy to do it.

I'm sure Evans took Jones down quite a few times in practice.
post #5165 of 5436
Whoever said he's gained respect for Cruz at the expense of Faber, I toally agree. Cruz seems like good people.
post #5166 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by muilav View Post

is Overeem cleared to fight after all?

Nope, its official, it Mir. I think he's going to be KOed too. This started out as one of the best cards of the year, I'd like to see if they bring in anyone half way decent to fight Cain.
post #5167 of 5436
No discussion about Jones/Evans? I thought Jon was fighting a little timidly, way too worried about Rashad's overhand right. It seems like every time Jones bothered to string together a proper combination, he was scoring. I wish he would have teed off a bit more.
post #5168 of 5436
haen't watched the main event yet but watching rory macdonald, who is a few months older than me, annihilate che mills was incredibly satisfying. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif so pumped to watch this kid take over the world.
post #5169 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post

No discussion about Jones/Evans? I thought Jon was fighting a little timidly, way too worried about Rashad's overhand right. It seems like every time Jones bothered to string together a proper combination, he was scoring. I wish he would have teed off a bit more.

I didn't see the fight, but followed it from ESPN's round-by-round scoring on SportsCenter last night. It sounded like another Greg Jackson Safety Special. Can't really blame Jones for blocking Rashad's one path to victory.
post #5170 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I didn't see the fight, but followed it from ESPN's round-by-round scoring on SportsCenter last night. It sounded like another Greg Jackson Safety Special. Can't really blame Jones for blocking Rashad's one path to victory.

You've hated on Jones for a long time. He's too damn good for Evans though.
post #5171 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

You've hated on Jones for a long time. He's too damn good for Evans though.

confused.gif Since when have I hated on Jones?
post #5172 of 5436
+1 on the rory macdonald comment. kid's been impressive since his first fight. feeling a bit bad for hominick, though he didn't deserve a win in that one. JJ was timid, but dominated Rashad, not much of a contest there.
post #5173 of 5436
Let's see what hendo can do.

I think the post fight interview for 145 summed everything up well.
post #5174 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Let's see what hendo can do.
I think the post fight interview for 145 summed everything up well.

Henderson is going to get destroyed. 1st round Sub probably to strikes.
post #5175 of 5436
I don't really see hendo taking him out unless he lands a lucky shot but at least he wouldn't be timid. Looking at the list, Alexander Gustafsson seems like a logical choice after his next fight (provided he wins), but don't really think he could take him either. I would really like to see Silva push back up to 205, though I don't think that would happen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official MMA thread