or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official MMA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official MMA thread - Page 13

post #181 of 5436
Thread Starter 
get it while it lasts [there was a youtube link to fedor fight here before] edit....well, it didnt last long!
post #182 of 5436
Anderson Silva: Unstoppable. Simply amazing.
post #183 of 5436
andersons apponent was a straight bitch. i hate when these guys do that. yes im sure the punch hurt, but he wasnt out and just crawled up waiting to get punched. atleast move around stay on the ground and try to get your composure back. he took the easy way out. i hate when these guys do that, 0 heart.
post #184 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
andersons apponent was a straight bitch. i hate when these guys do that. yes im sure the punch hurt, but he wasnt out and just crawled up waiting to get punched. atleast move around stay on the ground and try to get your composure back. he took the easy way out. i hate when these guys do that, 0 heart.
i don't care who you are, if you take a straight, clean shot from Silva when you are on one leg, curling up and praying for the fight to get stopped is all you could (and probably should) do, assuming you had the mental faculty to even make a rational thought (irvin was obviously in survival mode). You're not giving either fighter enough credit. And if Irvin is a bitch, I wonder what that makes you? Respect.
post #185 of 5436
you have the one chance, youre a scrub and you get put in there with anderson silva, you do anything it takes to win. he wasnt out, yes it hurt, but did you see what sylvia did when on the ground? atleast he tried to stay in it, thats what anyone with heart does. he CLEARLY wasnt out and looked for the easy way out. anderson didnt even start hitting irvin yet and he had his hands on his head waiting for him to come punch him and the ref to stop it! he didnt even look to see what was going on! if he had heart he would have tried to stick it out, just like any other real fighter does.
post #186 of 5436
..
post #187 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
you have the one chance, youre a scrub and you get put in there with anderson silva, you do anything it takes to win. he wasnt out, yes it hurt, but did you see what sylvia did when on the ground? atleast he tried to stay in it, thats what anyone with heart does. he CLEARLY wasnt out and looked for the easy way out. anderson didnt even start hitting irvin yet and he had his hands on his head waiting for him to come punch him and the ref to stop it! he didnt even look to see what was going on! if he had heart he would have tried to stick it out, just like any other real fighter does.

wow, you just don't get how devastating silva's hit was, do you? It's not a binary proposition, that if you're still technically conscious you can actually fight back. Irvin was so rocked, I don't think he sat there and thought, maybe I should cover up - that was an automatic instinct, and within less than a second he was getting barraged by pinpoint accurate punches to his head. You wanted him to "look to see what was going on"? You're probably more clueless than Irvin was immediately after the fight.
post #188 of 5436
have you never watched a fight before? that happens to tons of guys, and in worse fashion. they go on the ground and grab the opponent and atleast try to get themselves back. but those guys have heart.
post #189 of 5436
Predictable results from both fights. I was glad to see Fedor still has it, though. I really hope the Couture-Fedor fight doesn't come to pass. Randy is just too old to hang with the fury Fedor brings. I have no idea who could step up to beat either Fedor or Silva...
post #190 of 5436
fedor fight was fucking sick, he still has it. explosive speed and power, good times. nobody's made Big Tim look that bad in a long time. http://vid.adbrite.com/video/abplayer.swf?vid=1900430
post #191 of 5436
Makes me miss Pride in its glory days. Looks like Fedor is still the shit.
post #192 of 5436
What would happen if Silva fought Fedor? Anyway I liked how Silva just grabbed Irvin's kick and then popped him in the face... the commentator was like, "[Irvin's] eye is bleeding like a faucet!"
post #193 of 5436
I have no clue why there was any doubt that Fedor would win. Silvia? People give him too much credit. Most lackluster heavyweight I've ever watched fight.
post #194 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
What would happen if Silva fought Fedor?

They seem to be the two best, regardless of weight.
post #195 of 5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
They seem to be the two best, regardless of weight.
Yeah, and I know Fedor is heavier, but does that mean he'd have the advantage? I think that would be an interesting fight... I loved the somber music that Fedor had playing when he walked out to the ring... very ominous... foreboding.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official MMA thread