or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you have a cat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you have a cat? - Page 20

post #286 of 576
Mine liked melted ice cream, I made sure I left 2 table sponeful for her every time I had ice cream.
post #287 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Actually, many cats enjoy canteloupe for some reason (from anecdotal experience). Cats cannot taste sweet things however.
post #288 of 576
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Mine liked melted ice cream, I made sure I left 2 table sponeful for her every time I had ice cream.

My mom's parrot decided it was his favorite food and asks for it constantly. Little monster.
post #289 of 576
Yes, I have two. Love em
post #290 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
GiantCat sleeps.


Woohoo. More photos of Giantcat are always welcome. What a beauty!
post #291 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I think cats are actually much manlier creatures than dogs. Think about it: independent, self-sufficient loners who want to do things their way and like to be in control of their environment as much as possible. Their social ties are less deep, though the few bonds they do form tend to be very strong. Dogs: constantly social, they need attention and time alone just makes them sort of depressed. They need frequent reassurance, they have large circles of friends, and they generally play better with others. Think of it this way: assuming they were both able to use and communicate with it, do you think your dog or your cat would spend more time on the phone?
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical. Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.
post #292 of 576
The Prophet liked cats and so do I.

Here's Squeaky getting older like me:





She's the last of my inside cats. Our block loves cats, and they are spoiled ( with many outside cats that belong to "the block" ). Some people get the outside cats fixed, and there is competition over who can feed them best. I've said this before in this thread. But if you try to give them something healthy like Science Diet, someone else one ups you and turns them to Fancy Feast. The cats sleep and enjoy it. Would be a great New Yorker cartoon.
post #293 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Actually, many cats enjoy canteloupe for some reason (from anecdotal experience). Cats cannot taste sweet things however.

my in laws cat loves cantaloupe...didnt know it was a cat thing.....guess he's not that special.......
post #294 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical.

Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.

This sounds like rationalizing.
post #295 of 576
When I get a rottie, I'm going to feed him kittens as reward for good behaviour.
post #296 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
Here's Squeaky getting older like me

Our oldest cat is named Squeaker. Sometimes my wife calls him Squeaky Boy.
post #297 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
When I get a rottie, I'm going to feed him kittens as reward for good behaviour.

What are you going to feed him when he steals your girlfriend?
post #298 of 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical.

Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.

Why do cats hate you? If you call leaning against my legs and purring, or laying down next to me when I'm sitting on the couch and purring abuse or beign ignored, then yeah, my wife's cats abuse and ignore me constantly.

I think you just lack the charisma for a cat to find you worth noticing. Just saying.
post #299 of 576
Fuck no.
post #300 of 576
charisma?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you have a cat?