or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Rate my fantasy football team
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate my fantasy football team - Page 5

post #61 of 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
I just traded Aaron Rodgers... for ...Hasselbeck. I don't see what I'm giving up? I think Hasselbeck will be better the rest of the season than Rodgers (especially if Engram & Branch stay healthy).
Let me be the first to tell you, as a diehard Seahawks fan, that I would kill to have Green Bay's WR's and O-line. As far as QB's go - I think its probably a push - but the peripherals and skill positions all favor Rogers. Engram is great. I love the guy. Gutsy, productive, consistent. Great player. But Branch will have a "good" game, then disappear for four or five weeks. Then have one more. Just enough to keep his stats up. He's a decoy to free up the middle for Engram and Carlson. Seattle 08 is a running team. Jones/Duckett/Morris/Weaver is going to be our bread and butter this year.
post #62 of 749
Quote:
Easy one.
Lewis.
Don't expect much from anyone going against the Jags D-line.
Quote:
this is a joke right?

that was my hunch at first too H2F, but the jags are giving up 100yrds+ and 1.25 td's a week rushing (so far). slaton had 100+ and a td against Tennessee, could have easily had another td as well. they went to him heavily on goal line and big 3-4th down plays.

MJkrell geez what did u expect me to say there, u were actually about to start jericho over LT, cmon now
post #63 of 749
Good point. But three games a season does not make. (I think I heard that one on ESPN) Also, Lewis is going against Cinc. Slaton may be a star in the making but I'd (easily) prefer to take my chances with Lewis.
post #64 of 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post

MJkrell geez what did u expect me to say there, u were actually about to start jericho over LT, cmon now

Just playing with ya. I thought I had some justification because LT was hurt, the Chargers were the second worst rated pass defense in the league & the Chargers were 9 point favorites, so the Jets were hopefully going to play from behind. I ended up starting Cotchery and he scored more than LT.
post #65 of 749
Thanks for your input Tokyo... Hopefully this is a serious question... Who to put in my flex position? Royal, F. Taylor or Forte? Forte has been awesome, but is facing one of the toughest run defenses in the league. Royal is playing the chiefs & Taylor had a nice week last week and plays the Texans...
post #66 of 749
this will probably make steve happy... i'm committing to aaron rogers in one of my other leagues. i just traded my backup qb (peyton manning!) for Steve Smith and Chris Johnson. i needed a little help at wideout.
post #67 of 749
Man, did the guy you trade with have Derek Anderson or something? You easily got the better end of that...
post #68 of 749
He drafted tom brady and matt leinart actually.
When brady went down he picked up tarvaris jackson.

He knows he overpaid, but he is desperate. So desperate that i asked him what other trade offers he was getting, and it was stuff like L.T. and Larry Johnson for Matt Hasselbeck. Evidently i'm the only one who made a reasonable offer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
Man, did the guy you trade with have Derek Anderson or something? You easily got the better end of that...
post #69 of 749
Quote:
Who to put in my flex position? Royal, F. Taylor or Forte? Forte has been awesome, but is facing one of the toughest run defenses in the league. Royal is playing the chiefs & Taylor had a nice week last week and plays the Texans...
man this is pretty close, i really dont think u can go wrong here with any of them. leaning towards forte though, just for the fact hes guraranteed 25+ looks and touches.
post #70 of 749
+1.
post #71 of 749
Whoops. I messed up. I need Royal as my other receiver, so it is between Taylor and Forte. I was going to go with Forte, but Taylor is like 4th on ESPN this week and Forte is like 16th.
post #72 of 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
Just playing with ya. I thought I had some justification because LT was hurt, the Chargers were the second worst rated pass defense in the league & the Chargers were 9 point favorites, so the Jets were hopefully going to play from behind. I ended up starting Cotchery and he scored more than LT.

In what league- yards only and no TDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
Whoops. I messed up. I need Royal as my other receiver, so it is between Taylor and Forte. I was going to go with Forte, but Taylor is like 4th on ESPN this week and Forte is like 16th.

The prognosicators on ESPN and Yahoo are idiots. the more I listen to them, the more I lose.

Cotchery's just OK right now. He should get better as the season progresses.

LT- 2 TDs and over 20 pts last week. Gotta start him, unless you rules are way different.
post #73 of 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
this will probably make steve happy... i'm committing to aaron rogers in one of my other leagues. i just traded my backup qb (peyton manning!) for Steve Smith and Chris Johnson. i needed a little help at wideout.

The Colts look pretty good this year. But I don't know about Rodgers and I'm not THAT big of a Packer fan. I see 11-5, 10-6 this year, not 13-3. But of course that will be plenty to win their division.

I'm pretty good at QB in every league but ours. I had the chance to draft Brees and took Housh instead.

D'Oh!
post #74 of 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
I just traded Aaron Rodgers, Lavernius Coles, Bryant Johnson & Michael Bush for Randy Moss, Hasselbeck & Fargas (the guy I traded with dropped Fargas, & I snapped him up). I took a little heat for this, but I don't see what I'm giving up? I think Hasselbeck will be better the rest of the season than Rodgers (especially if Engram & Branch stay healthy). Coles is alright, but I have Cotchery. And Johnson may have a good game, but he is all-over the place & Bush will probably go back down to third string once Fargas gets healthy.

Along with Cotchery & Moss, I have Royal, Colston & McFeriens (sp?) Brees is my other QB.

It is a 16 team PPR league...

Dude...
post #75 of 749
(also crossposted in the SF FF thread)

here's a trade that was vetoed in one of my FF leagues after week 2:

chris johnson (RB-TN) and desean jackson (WR-PH) for larry johnson and chad johnson.

should it have been vetoed? i was kind of surprised it was.

the reason given in the league message board was that the team getting chris and desean was getting "too much" - in other words, the chris and desean side of the trade was the stronger side. i personally thought that getting larry johnson and chad johnson would be the better side of the trade in the long run.

thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Rate my fantasy football team