or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fall sportscoat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fall sportscoat

post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
Been trying to be less lazy and post. Here is my upcoming fall sportscoat. If you notice, the fabric is the brother of Matt's. These photos were during the first fitting.





post #2 of 46
Machine-padded collar.

Breast pocket should be patch.

Only geeks get the spalla camicia.
post #3 of 46
Looks really promising phage. Who's the maker?
post #4 of 46
That fabric!
post #5 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Machine-padded collar.

Breast pocket should be patch.

Only geeks get the spalla camicia.

jellis
post #6 of 46
This looks beautiful already!

I'm surprised you are not wearing a shirt in your first fitting.

Come on, who's the tailor?
post #7 of 46
Not sure how I feel about the lapels. LOVE the rest of it.
post #8 of 46
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the comments. I did have a proper shirt for the second fitting.
post #9 of 46
I think it looks sharp, the lapels seemed a little large but that could just be the photo. I'd be happy with it in my collection.
post #10 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Machine-padded collar.

Breast pocket should be patch.

Only geeks get the spalla camicia.


Manton, you say "machine-padded collar" because of the even stitching on the collar? Unlike the hand-attached felt pad, the only way to tell whether the collar is hand or machine padded is to take it apart and look? Any other way to do it?


Very nice coat by the way. BIG lapels.
post #11 of 46
t4pahge, we are kindred spirits in sportcoats (and porn).
post #12 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Manton, you say "machine-padded collar" because of the even stitching on the collar? Unlike the hand-attached felt pad, the only way to tell whether the collar is hand or machine padded is to take it apart and look? Any other way to do it?


Very nice coat by the way. BIG lapels.

The trailing stitch is the dead giveaway. Yes, the only way to tell on a finished coat is to take it apart.

To be honest, a machine-padded collar is not a big deal. I have used tailors who machine pad the collars, and others who hand pad them, and I don't think it makes a difference.
post #13 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
t4pahge, we are kindred spirits in sportcoats (and porn).

Yes, we like it a bit wide...
post #14 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post
I think it looks sharp, the lapels seemed a little large but that could just be the photo. I'd be happy with it in my collection.

Lapels on the first fitting was 10cm. During the second fitting (no pix) it was 9 or 9.5cm. What makes it look overly large is because the canvas is exposed, and thus drawing ones eyes towards it.
post #15 of 46
I like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fall sportscoat