Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- [DELETE] Last post on 4/15/16 at 1:50pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD: BNWT Loro Piana AYLIT Soft Air 4-IN-1 Blue/Grey/Burgundy 100% Cashmere Light Scarf $1495 Last post on 3/25/16 at 9:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SD Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:47pm in Buying and Selling
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 65post #961 of 17393/20/14 at 3:41pmpost #962 of 17393/20/14 at 3:43pm
If fact, yes. Just received Tartan Green and Light Grey. Very exciting, I know. If any additional requests, let me know. We still have some things yet to ship.post #963 of 17393/20/14 at 3:44pmQuote:
I trust that they'll feel fantastic. You'd be surprised how these things disappear on your feet. Socks are meant to be very light weight - providing a nice barrier between foot and shoe without getting in the way.
Thanks for posting!post #964 of 17393/20/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
We've got some lambs hair brushes on the way... not from Japan, but certainly good enough to do the trick. And you'll actually be able to get your hand on these. Stay tuned...post #965 of 17393/21/14 at 11:24ampost #966 of 17393/22/14 at 1:06ampost #967 of 17393/23/14 at 8:14am
Today I'm adding a little depth to a brand new pair of shoes. Give us all some insight into your polishing habits by posting photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (before and after shots, please).
One (1) randomly chosen participant in today's thread will receive three (3) Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers! In addition, we also want to interact with all of you on social media, so cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday) — some exciting things are coming for those of you who do!
Without further ado, let's get to it...
Today, I'm looking after a new of Carminas that, in my opinion, just need a bit of finish depth.
Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish in dark green and havana brown
Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish in light brown
Solvent dispenser with water/alcohol mixture
As always, I first brushed the Carminas with a large horsehair shoe polishing brush to remove any dirt and other surface adulterants — even though they are brand new. I then applied a very thin, light layer of Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish in light brown (one shade lighter than the shoe color) in order to even everything out — then I brushed the shoes again after allowing the Pommadier to dry.
"A hair in the head is worth two in the brush."
Then, I began to apply very thin, light layers of Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish all over the shoes with a cotton pad, interspersed with light dabs of my water/alcohol mixture. I worked in a couple of layers of dark green wax all over the shoe, making sure to work the wax until a slight mirror effect was created.
"'The time has come,' the walrus said, 'to talk of many things: of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings.'"
I continued that process with more Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish, but this time in havana brown — again, using the water/alcohol mixture sparingly.
"You cannot put the same shoe on every foot."
The last step was one more light application of dark green Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish...and...
"A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk."
That's it for today, as once again it's time for brunch and a [few] cocktail[s].
Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (again - before and after, please) to qualify for our drawing for three (3) Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers! Keep the win rolling by also cross-posting your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday) — good things may come to those who do!
I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!post #968 of 17393/23/14 at 11:49ampost #969 of 17393/23/14 at 12:09pmpost #970 of 17393/23/14 at 1:48pmpost #971 of 17393/23/14 at 1:51pmpost #972 of 17393/23/14 at 1:52pmQuote:Quote:
Use the smoother side or use a bit of water to tame the strands.post #973 of 17393/23/14 at 1:54pmpost #974 of 17393/23/14 at 1:57pmWas cleaning yesterday and found my Meermin Museum calfs that I forgot about.
Leather seemed a bit dull so I decided to try out the High - Shine Glass Water Dispenser from the Hanger Project today. In short, the results were pretty incredible given effort put in. I'm usually not a fan of mirror shines so it's usually two coats of wax and maybe one with a drop of water. Much easier with the dispenser as all you do is dab the cotton ball on it and you get the perfect amount of water.
Used a horsehair brush, cotton balls, saphir pate de luxe neutral and the water dispenser:
With some wax on:
After a few coats:
Final product, couldn't really capture well on camera for some reason so added instagram photo with filter as wellpost #975 of 17393/23/14 at 1:59pm
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 40 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Vienna (Austria): Suiting, Adjusting and Cleaning 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...