Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/28/15 at 8:24am in Classic Menswear
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 3:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 1:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 65
Styleforum Top Picks
If fact, yes. Just received Tartan Green and Light Grey. Very exciting, I know. If any additional requests, let me know. We still have some things yet to ship.
I trust that they'll feel fantastic. You'd be surprised how these things disappear on your feet. Socks are meant to be very light weight - providing a nice barrier between foot and shoe without getting in the way.
Thanks for posting!
We've got some lambs hair brushes on the way... not from Japan, but certainly good enough to do the trick. And you'll actually be able to get your hand on these. Stay tuned...
Today I'm adding a little depth to a brand new pair of shoes. Give us all some insight into your polishing habits by posting photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (before and after shots, please).
One (1) randomly chosen participant in today's thread will receive three (3) Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers! In addition, we also want to interact with all of you on social media, so cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday) — some exciting things are coming for those of you who do!
Without further ado, let's get to it...
Today, I'm looking after a new of Carminas that, in my opinion, just need a bit of finish depth.
My set up includes: (Click to show)
Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish in dark green and havana brown
Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish in light brown
Solvent dispenser with water/alcohol mixture
As always, I first brushed the Carminas with a large horsehair shoe polishing brush to remove any dirt and other surface adulterants — even though they are brand new. I then applied a very thin, light layer of Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish in light brown (one shade lighter than the shoe color) in order to even everything out — then I brushed the shoes again after allowing the Pommadier to dry.
"A hair in the head is worth two in the brush."
Then, I began to apply very thin, light layers of Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish all over the shoes with a cotton pad, interspersed with light dabs of my water/alcohol mixture. I worked in a couple of layers of dark green wax all over the shoe, making sure to work the wax until a slight mirror effect was created.
"'The time has come,' the walrus said, 'to talk of many things: of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings.'"
I continued that process with more Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish, but this time in havana brown — again, using the water/alcohol mixture sparingly.
"You cannot put the same shoe on every foot."
The last step was one more light application of dark green Saphir Medaille d'Or Pate de Luxe Glaçage Polish...and...
"A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk."
That's it for today, as once again it's time for brunch and a [few] cocktail[s].
Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (again - before and after, please) to qualify for our drawing for three (3) Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers! Keep the win rolling by also cross-posting your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday) — good things may come to those who do!
I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!
Use the smoother side or use a bit of water to tame the strands.
Leather seemed a bit dull so I decided to try out the High - Shine Glass Water Dispenser from the Hanger Project today. In short, the results were pretty incredible given effort put in. I'm usually not a fan of mirror shines so it's usually two coats of wax and maybe one with a drop of water. Much easier with the dispenser as all you do is dab the cotton ball on it and you get the perfect amount of water.
Used a horsehair brush, cotton balls, saphir pate de luxe neutral and the water dispenser:
With some wax on:
After a few coats:
Final product, couldn't really capture well on camera for some reason so added instagram photo with filter as well
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Does this look good? 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015