Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/28/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 12:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Opumo - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:01am in Streetwear and Denim
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 1:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 54
Styleforum Top Picks
Heads up - we've just launched an End-of-Year Private Sale! Users MUST BE LOGGED IN to view pricing. Discounts beginning at 15% going up to 50%!
Inis Meain Knitwear
LNP Bow Ties
Horn Collar Stays
Woodlore Ultra Shoe Trees
Woodlore Tie Hanger & Belt Rack
Tovolo King Ice Cube Tray
Progress Eduardian Razors
Santa Maria Novella Soaps
Drake’s London Pocket Squares
Robert Keyte Ancient Madder Scarves
La Portegna Travel Bag
Veritas Ash Trays
Daines & Hathaway Desktop Tidy Tray (Tan)
Daines & Hathaway Travel Tray
Codis Maya Cufflinks
Luxury Sweater Box
AbbeyHorn Carving Knives
Holiday Sweater Hanger
I think that this should be back in stock today...
Men's Dressing Valet: Draft III
Just receive some additional sketches of our Men's Dressing Valet prototype. Take a look at them here and let me know what you think:
I am very close to having a prototype made, but want to be as close to the final design as possible since the prototype will most likely cost several thousand dollars. The first one is always the most expensive!
I think we're pretty close here. The design looks fantastic to me.
I agree with many of the sentiments expressed. I would prefer the option of ordering it with a jacket hanger size of your choosing (which would surely have the cleanest look) or with a hook to use any hangers we already have our garments on (the most practical).
I also think only one pant bar with the extended ends for belts, ties, even socks would be nice and clean looking. Something innovative would be nice in the shoe holding area that would make it easy to clean. Also, is that a light bar over the shoes? That would be a nice touch.
I'm going to have to separate with the pack on the drawers, I just don't think they are crucial and would only add to the price and constriction of the valet. I think the one large top compartment. Possibly with a few shallow organizing dividers at the top/back of the space, and one large free form area toward the bottom/front would be easier, cheaper, and lead to a more sleek and simple design.
Same goes for the bottom drawer, if it was just an open and visible cubby maybe with the shoes sitting on bars that allow them to "float" over the bottom area. That would be better and more versatile than another cubby, in my opinion.
Sorry for wading into a discussion I haven't previously been part of
Had a quick look at the valet and can you advise what the bottom drawer is for? It's so low down I can't really see any practical function for it.
Personally, what I would do is -
Move the trouser rail up to just beneath the hanger
Drop the upper drawer to beneath that and raise the lower drawer to be directly underneath that (one drawer on top of the other)
Next I would remove the wooden top to the drawer and put a glazed insert allowing the upper drawer to work as a display cabinet and fitted with custom inserts, watch, cufflink, tie bar etc. Consider the addition of LED lighting here in order to really highlight the contents.
Lower drawer would be a miscellaneous drawer, essentially keep everything in there and shift to the display drawer for the day ahead.
I'd keep the shoe placement where you have them and from the side of the valet have an ornate hook of some description from which to hang a shoe horn.
If any of this sounds of interest please let me know and I will happily knock something up in SketchUp for you to have a look at
Gentlemen - it's that time of year, Pitti Uomo. If you have any special requests, please pass them along. I'll be meeting with Merola Gloves, Palatino Socks, Maglia Francesco, and many others...
Will try to upload some pictures throughout the day.
Hilarious. I love it.
Thanks for posting pictures! But let's see some with them on!!
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 30 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Alden x Leffot Snuff Suede Captoe 7.5 B/D 35 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan