Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- DELETE Last post on 12/3/16 at 2:08pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- DELETE Last post on 1/10/17 at 5:28pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [DELETE] Last post on 4/15/16 at 1:50pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD: BNWT Loro Piana AYLIT Soft Air 4-IN-1 Blue/Grey/Burgundy 100% Cashmere Light Scarf $1495 Last post on 3/25/16 at 9:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 54post #797 of 176912/29/13 at 8:35amHanger Project EOY Sale
Heads up - we've just launched an End-of-Year Private Sale! Users MUST BE LOGGED IN to view pricing. Discounts beginning at 15% going up to 50%!
15% OffDrake’s London Neckties
Inis Meain Knitwear
LNP Bow Ties
Horn Collar Stays
Woodlore Ultra Shoe Trees
Woodlore Tie Hanger & Belt Rack
Tovolo King Ice Cube Tray
25% OffVulfix Shaving Sets
Progress Eduardian Razors
Santa Maria Novella Soaps
Drake’s London Pocket Squares
Robert Keyte Ancient Madder Scarves
La Portegna Travel Bag
Veritas Ash Trays
50% OffCodis Maya Cufflinks
Daines & Hathaway Desktop Tidy Tray (Tan)
Daines & Hathaway Travel Tray
Codis Maya Cufflinks
Luxury Sweater Box
AbbeyHorn Carving Knives
Holiday Sweater Hangerpost #798 of 17691/1/14 at 11:34ampost #799 of 17691/3/14 at 7:10amQuote:
I think that this should be back in stock today...post #800 of 17691/3/14 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by kirbya
Men's Dressing Valet: Draft III
Just receive some additional sketches of our Men's Dressing Valet prototype. Take a look at them here and let me know what you think:
I am very close to having a prototype made, but want to be as close to the final design as possible since the prototype will most likely cost several thousand dollars. The first one is always the most expensive!
I think we're pretty close here. The design looks fantastic to me.
I agree with many of the sentiments expressed. I would prefer the option of ordering it with a jacket hanger size of your choosing (which would surely have the cleanest look) or with a hook to use any hangers we already have our garments on (the most practical).
I also think only one pant bar with the extended ends for belts, ties, even socks would be nice and clean looking. Something innovative would be nice in the shoe holding area that would make it easy to clean. Also, is that a light bar over the shoes? That would be a nice touch.
I'm going to have to separate with the pack on the drawers, I just don't think they are crucial and would only add to the price and constriction of the valet. I think the one large top compartment. Possibly with a few shallow organizing dividers at the top/back of the space, and one large free form area toward the bottom/front would be easier, cheaper, and lead to a more sleek and simple design.
Same goes for the bottom drawer, if it was just an open and visible cubby maybe with the shoes sitting on bars that allow them to "float" over the bottom area. That would be better and more versatile than another cubby, in my opinion.post #801 of 17691/3/14 at 6:18pm
Sorry for wading into a discussion I haven't previously been part of
Had a quick look at the valet and can you advise what the bottom drawer is for? It's so low down I can't really see any practical function for it.
Personally, what I would do is -
Move the trouser rail up to just beneath the hanger
Drop the upper drawer to beneath that and raise the lower drawer to be directly underneath that (one drawer on top of the other)
Next I would remove the wooden top to the drawer and put a glazed insert allowing the upper drawer to work as a display cabinet and fitted with custom inserts, watch, cufflink, tie bar etc. Consider the addition of LED lighting here in order to really highlight the contents.
Lower drawer would be a miscellaneous drawer, essentially keep everything in there and shift to the display drawer for the day ahead.
I'd keep the shoe placement where you have them and from the side of the valet have an ornate hook of some description from which to hang a shoe horn.
If any of this sounds of interest please let me know and I will happily knock something up in SketchUp for you to have a look at
Stevepost #802 of 17691/3/14 at 7:27pmpost #803 of 17691/7/14 at 3:04amPItti Uomo Special Requests
Gentlemen - it's that time of year, Pitti Uomo. If you have any special requests, please pass them along. I'll be meeting with Merola Gloves, Palatino Socks, Maglia Francesco, and many others...
Will try to upload some pictures throughout the day.
Kirbypost #804 of 17691/9/14 at 11:49ampost #805 of 17691/10/14 at 7:31ampost #806 of 17691/12/14 at 1:44pmQuote:Quote:
Hilarious. I love it.post #807 of 17691/12/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
Please do!post #808 of 17691/13/14 at 11:22ampost #809 of 17691/15/14 at 12:57pmpost #810 of 17691/15/14 at 2:45pmThe Ancient Madder ties are really special - and prices have now been further reduced - which reminds me: I need to go pick out my ties before they sell out!
Thanks for posting pictures! But let's see some with them on!!
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...