Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/24/15 at 6:57pm in Classic Menswear
- PRICE DROP! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - (Roda, E. Belvest, Drumohr, Zegna, Stile... Last post on 9/19/15 at 7:57am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 54
Styleforum Top Picks
Heads up - we've just launched an End-of-Year Private Sale! Users MUST BE LOGGED IN to view pricing. Discounts beginning at 15% going up to 50%!
Inis Meain Knitwear
LNP Bow Ties
Horn Collar Stays
Woodlore Ultra Shoe Trees
Woodlore Tie Hanger & Belt Rack
Tovolo King Ice Cube Tray
Progress Eduardian Razors
Santa Maria Novella Soaps
Drake’s London Pocket Squares
Robert Keyte Ancient Madder Scarves
La Portegna Travel Bag
Veritas Ash Trays
Daines & Hathaway Desktop Tidy Tray (Tan)
Daines & Hathaway Travel Tray
Codis Maya Cufflinks
Luxury Sweater Box
AbbeyHorn Carving Knives
Holiday Sweater Hanger
I think that this should be back in stock today...
Men's Dressing Valet: Draft III
Just receive some additional sketches of our Men's Dressing Valet prototype. Take a look at them here and let me know what you think:
I am very close to having a prototype made, but want to be as close to the final design as possible since the prototype will most likely cost several thousand dollars. The first one is always the most expensive!
I think we're pretty close here. The design looks fantastic to me.
I agree with many of the sentiments expressed. I would prefer the option of ordering it with a jacket hanger size of your choosing (which would surely have the cleanest look) or with a hook to use any hangers we already have our garments on (the most practical).
I also think only one pant bar with the extended ends for belts, ties, even socks would be nice and clean looking. Something innovative would be nice in the shoe holding area that would make it easy to clean. Also, is that a light bar over the shoes? That would be a nice touch.
I'm going to have to separate with the pack on the drawers, I just don't think they are crucial and would only add to the price and constriction of the valet. I think the one large top compartment. Possibly with a few shallow organizing dividers at the top/back of the space, and one large free form area toward the bottom/front would be easier, cheaper, and lead to a more sleek and simple design.
Same goes for the bottom drawer, if it was just an open and visible cubby maybe with the shoes sitting on bars that allow them to "float" over the bottom area. That would be better and more versatile than another cubby, in my opinion.
Sorry for wading into a discussion I haven't previously been part of
Had a quick look at the valet and can you advise what the bottom drawer is for? It's so low down I can't really see any practical function for it.
Personally, what I would do is -
Move the trouser rail up to just beneath the hanger
Drop the upper drawer to beneath that and raise the lower drawer to be directly underneath that (one drawer on top of the other)
Next I would remove the wooden top to the drawer and put a glazed insert allowing the upper drawer to work as a display cabinet and fitted with custom inserts, watch, cufflink, tie bar etc. Consider the addition of LED lighting here in order to really highlight the contents.
Lower drawer would be a miscellaneous drawer, essentially keep everything in there and shift to the display drawer for the day ahead.
I'd keep the shoe placement where you have them and from the side of the valet have an ornate hook of some description from which to hang a shoe horn.
If any of this sounds of interest please let me know and I will happily knock something up in SketchUp for you to have a look at
Gentlemen - it's that time of year, Pitti Uomo. If you have any special requests, please pass them along. I'll be meeting with Merola Gloves, Palatino Socks, Maglia Francesco, and many others...
Will try to upload some pictures throughout the day.
Hilarious. I love it.
Thanks for posting pictures! But let's see some with them on!!
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 9 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth