or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 34

post #496 of 1343
Flyswatter -

Sorry to hear about the shoe trees. The Epics are the most difficult (well, LCA Perfecta's perhaps being a tie) shoe trees to fit because the double-barrel does not offer much spring. Because of this, the shoe trees have a much narrower fit range. They're fantastic if and when they fit, but this is sometimes more difficult. I'll have someone reach out to you about an exchange. We have a "perfect fit" guarantee on our products - so we'll pay shipping both ways until we get it right.

My personal favorite shoe trees are the Ultra's. I just find that they fit a wider variety of shoes.

Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #497 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

Flyswatter -

Sorry to hear about the shoe trees. The Epics are the most difficult (well, LCA Perfecta's perhaps being a tie) shoe trees to fit because the double-barrel does not offer much spring. Because of this, the shoe trees have a much narrower fit range. They're fantastic if and when they fit, but this is sometimes more difficult. I'll have someone reach out to you about an exchange. We have a "perfect fit" guarantee on our products - so we'll pay shipping both ways until we get it right.

My personal favorite shoe trees are the Ultra's. I just find that they fit a wider variety of shoes.

Kirby

Thanks! Great customer service. I'm disappointed the Epics didn't work out. I'd read great things about them, and think it's a really cool design. Woodlore definitely needs to review the size/sizing guide for these trees, because they would do absolutely nothing for my shoes as far as helping them keep their shape.
post #498 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

So after an almost 2 month wait for the much-lauded EPIC cedar shoe trees to be restocked in the size I needed, they finally arrived today. The quality is nice, but they are way too small for my shoes. I followed the advice of the sizing guide and ordered 2 sets of medium trees for my 10.5D Allen Edmonds Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. They are ridiculously too small though, much too small to do their job of helping to prevent wrinkles and creases in the leather and help the shoes keep their shape. There is no tension at all when these are inserted in the shoe. Here's a pic showing how small the trees are compared to the shoes:



Oh well, guess these are going back, and my search for shoe trees continues.

Where did you get this sizing advice?  I put these in a large in my 9.5E Strands and they fit perfectly.

 

The size chart on their website is not correct.

post #499 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

So after an almost 2 month wait for the much-lauded EPIC cedar shoe trees to be restocked in the size I needed, they finally arrived today. The quality is nice, but they are way too small for my shoes. I followed the advice of the sizing guide and ordered 2 sets of medium trees for my 10.5D Allen Edmonds Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. They are ridiculously too small though, much too small to do their job of helping to prevent wrinkles and creases in the leather and help the shoes keep their shape. There is no tension at all when these are inserted in the shoe. Here's a pic showing how small the trees are compared to the shoes:



Oh well, guess these are going back, and my search for shoe trees continues.

that is fucking miles off.

 

For a size 10.5 should have been nothing smaller than a Large, possibly an extra-large

post #500 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Where did you get this sizing advice?  I put these in a large in my 9.5E Strands and they fit perfectly.

The size chart on their website is not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

that is fucking miles off.

For a size 10.5 should have been nothing smaller than a Large, possibly an extra-large

The size chart on hangerproject.com as well as Woodlore's website (who makes the Epics) says to get mediums for 10.5Ds. In fact, it suggests medium for up to 12.5D, which is an absolute joke. Did some more research online and it seems everyone agrees that the sizing for the Epics is pretty screwy. The consensus seems to be that size large Epics would be too wide for 10.5D, so I'm just going to return these for a refund and try another style tree.
post #501 of 1343
Yea 10.5D is large in the split toe trees, and a medium in the solid state trees (or whatever they're called).
post #502 of 1343

Shoe Shine Sunday:

 

Polishing up the Alden NST's after a day of Mothers celebration

 

post #503 of 1343




Father/son shoe shine bonding time. He doesn't quite have the hang of the conditioning portion yet, though. Light wear, so just conditioning and will possibly add some navy Saphir wax to the toe (been excited to try it ever since I saw the HP blog post).
post #504 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post


The size chart on hangerproject.com as well as Woodlore's website (who makes the Epics) says to get mediums for 10.5Ds. In fact, it suggests medium for up to 12.5D, which is an absolute joke. Did some more research online and it seems everyone agrees that the sizing for the Epics is pretty screwy. The consensus seems to be that size large Epics would be too wide for 10.5D, so I'm just going to return these for a refund and try another style tree.

At one point we stopped carrying the Epics because they were so difficult to size... they just have a much narrower fit window than the Ultra shoe trees. They're fantastic, though, when they do fit.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #505 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post


At one point we stopped carrying the Epics because they were so difficult to size... they just have a much narrower fit window than the Ultra shoe trees. They're fantastic, though, when they do fit.

They are fantastic when they fit.  I have Epic large in my 10D Alden 901's (Hampton).  They are pretty much a perfect fit.

post #506 of 1343
Is there any reason to get the Saphir Invulner spray when the Renovateur spray already seems to waterproof? Do I need both?
post #507 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemczee View Post

Is there any reason to get the Saphir Invulner spray when the Renovateur spray already seems to waterproof? Do I need both?

The Saphir Renovateur Suede & Nubuck Spray and the Saphir Super Invulner Waterproofing Spray are actually two totally different products.

The Saphir Renovateur Spray is four nourishment (almond oil) and recoloring (light pigment) of suede and nubuck. It does not waterproof. I just got off the phone with Ron to confirm this.

The Saphir Super Invulner, on the other hand, is a silicone-free waterproofing agent safe to use on the finest suedes and nubucks. It is recommended that you use it after the Renovating Spray. It can also be used on smooth leather in addition to suede. Once water stops to form into droplets, just reapply.

To the extent that this was previously not clear in my product descriptions, I apologize. It's been corrected.

For more information about suede, read our How to Clean Suede Shoes tutorial.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #508 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

The Saphir Super Invulner, on the other hand, is a silicone-free waterproofing agent safe to use on the finest suedes and nubucks. It is recommended that you use it after the Renovating Spray. It can also be used on smooth leather in addition to suede. Once water stops to form into droplets, just reapply.

 

Is is recommended for shell cordovan, as well? I know a people, including shell connoisseur Mcarthur himself, recommend Alden Leather Defender. Is Invulner just as good for this? Are both silicone-free? I'd love if you could share any pros/cons.

post #509 of 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

Is is recommended for shell cordovan, as well? I know a people, including shell connoisseur Mcarthur himself, recommend Alden Leather Defender. Is Invulner just as good for this? Are both silicone-free? I'd love if you could share any pros/cons.

I cannot speak to those two products, but the Invulner is silicione-free. I'll double-check just to confirm my understanding, though.

Yes, the Super Invulner can be used on almost anything, including Shell Cordovan. All you're doing is essentially spraying it on top of wax anyway...

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #510 of 1343
Guys - FREE SHIPPING thru Wednesday on all orders over $200. I'm going to send an email out tomorrow morning, but thought I'd like you guys know now since the promotional code is already activated.

Use Promotional Code "BestHanger" (no space) in the shopping cart.

We offer Free Shipping on shoe care items over $75 all year -- but only do this for our entire catalog twice a year. Free Shipping (unless you're Amazon) is incredibly expensive and because of how large our hangers ship, difficult for us to offer without raising prices (which we haven't done in years).

Cheers,
Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread