Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/19/17 at 12:18am in Classic Menswear
- DELETE Last post on 12/3/16 at 2:08pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [DELETE] Last post on 4/15/16 at 1:50pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD: BNWT Loro Piana AYLIT Soft Air 4-IN-1 Blue/Grey/Burgundy 100% Cashmere Light Scarf $1495 Last post on 3/25/16 at 9:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 31post #451 of 17594/3/13 at 6:53pmpost #452 of 17594/3/13 at 9:30pm
how are the hangers sold by "The Hanger Project" better than these:
Remeber that these are about $10 a hanger including postage, even cheaper when you buy more at once.post #453 of 17594/4/13 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer
how are the hangers sold by "The Hanger Project" better than these:
Remeber that these are about $10 a hanger including postage, even cheaper when you buy more at once.
I can't speak for quality/build/etc, but I wouldn't be able to use those because they're too wide (18"). That's one reason those such as myself spend more for better fit (I wear a 36-38R).post #454 of 17594/4/13 at 3:10pmpost #455 of 17594/5/13 at 6:18amI've noticed over the years that after a while shoe brushes get a tacky feel to them and they kind of smear rather than shine due to the waxes that build up on them. I used to use dish soap and scalding hot water to clean them once in a while, but I've found that Renomat makes the job so much faster and takes a fraction of the time. Just an idea for another use!post #456 of 17594/5/13 at 6:30ampost #457 of 17594/5/13 at 2:49pmpost #458 of 17594/5/13 at 9:03pmpost #459 of 17594/7/13 at 12:25pmpost #460 of 17594/7/13 at 2:44pmpost #461 of 17594/7/13 at 4:51pm
Shoe Shine Sunday - I needed to put a few shoes up on the market place which was my inspiration to get out the Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Cream Polish and get to work. Storage had made the shoes, though well cared for, a bit dull looking. As for the drink paring this was a black coffee sort of morning and the shoes are both made by Ron Rider of Richmond VA.
Edited by ianbratton - 4/8/13 at 5:02ampost #462 of 17594/7/13 at 4:54pmpost #463 of 17594/7/13 at 4:57pmpost #464 of 17594/25/13 at 8:33amSaphir Renovating Sprays Back in Stock!!
Gentlemen - FANTASTIC NEWS - the EPA has finally signed-off on our Saphir Medaille d'Or Suede Sprays! We are receiving a large shipment of them tomorrow (Friday) and should be able to ship beginning Monday!
CLICK HERE to view all of our Saphir products for Suede.post #465 of 17594/25/13 at 10:42amQuote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
I just wanted to say that I've ordered from the hanger project (saphir products) and everything was great. I will certainly order again in the future. I found the detailed instructions and articles the key difference between this and other sites, so this is where I ordered.
When products come from a good site with lots of useful free information, I am inclined to order from them rather than others.
I also became a fan of Saphir and the Hangerproject after I read an Esquire Magazine article on a test performed.
I started with a small order of the Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish in a #3 Light Brown color for my Sanfords - and followed the detailed instructions Kirby has at his site. The shoes returned to a near-perfect matte polished condition as it they were out of the original box.
I then decided to go with the full 4 and 5 step process to see if my second pair of Sanfords would turn out even better - and I should have my order within days (Free Shipping at $75).
The 4-5 step restoration process for calfskin (which is also for switching from previous brands of polish to the Sapir Brand) recommended by Kirby's staff is:
1) Saphir Reno'Mat Leather Cleaner2) Saphir Dubbin Graisse Conditioner3) Saphir Renovateur4) Saphir Pommadier Cream Shoe PolishThe above will complete the original Allen Edmonds matte shineIf you wish to ADD a low to high gloss to the above, then your final application will be:5) Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 8 minutes ago
- › Hackett mayfair light grey wool blazer new 12 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 14 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 38 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 40 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 46 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...