or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 26

post #376 of 1283
G,

As soft as the Corinthian Leather seats in Ricardo Montelban's 1975 Cordoba.


JP
post #377 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

G,

As soft as the Corinthian Leather seats in Ricardo Montelban's 1975 Cordoba.


JP


lol8[1].gif
post #378 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

While I like high gloss shoes in photos, it is not something for me. So mostly its just a brush to the shoe.

Same here, I may put a little wax on the toe of a cap toe shoe if I'm attending an event. Otherwise, I prefer the shine from clean well maintained shoes.
post #379 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Same here, I may put a little wax on the toe of a cap toe shoe if I'm attending an event. Otherwise, I prefer the shine from clean well maintained shoes.

French designer (apparel and shoes) Marc Guyot agrees. http://www.marcguyot.com/1en.aspx In his writings he says, that for longer lasting shoes and to avoid creasing and cracking, only the toes should have a high gloss. He recommends avoiding an all-over high gloss shine.
post #380 of 1283
My son's shoes before:





After a treatment with

1) Renovateaur
2) Saphire black cream
3) Saphire black wax


post #381 of 1283

You. Are. Hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

My son's shoes before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 





After a treatment with

1) Renovateaur
2) Saphire black cream
3) Saphire black wax


post #382 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

My son's shoes...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 before:




After a treatment with

1) Renovateaur
2) Saphire black cream
3) Saphire black wax


 

 

Very nicely done, sir. Now, are you going to teach him to actually take care of his shoes?

post #383 of 1283
Does anyone have experience with their OTC socks? The website describes them as super thin. I'm worried about the long term durability of super thin socks, especially if I'm going to spend $29 a pair on a dozen or so. I tend to buy one color of socks and wear those same 12 or 15 pairs until they need replaced. The last purchase I made was 15 pairs of OTC gold toe's (amazingly, I found them for $1 a pop) and it's about time to replace them.
post #384 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Does anyone have experience with their OTC socks? The website describes them as super thin. I'm worried about the long term durability of super thin socks, especially if I'm going to spend $29 a pair on a dozen or so. I tend to buy one color of socks and wear those same 12 or 15 pairs until they need replaced. The last purchase I made was 15 pairs of OTC gold toe's (amazingly, I found them for $1 a pop) and it's about time to replace them.

I'll let others chime in with their own personal experience, but, related to care: if you keep your toenails trimmed and hang-dry your socks, they should last a long time.

I'm in the process of writing a "how to properly care for socks" tutorial that will focus on laundry. There are a few key tenants to taking care of socks:

1. Keep toenails trim. These are what rip through the end of socks.
2. Wash socks inside-out only with socks on a delicate cycle
3. Use a delicate laundry detergent (like what we offer from The Laundress)
4. HANG DRY -- never place in a dryer

These four things will dramatically increase the life of fine socks.

Remember - buy 6 pairs and they'll be discounted in the shopping cart.

Cheers!

Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #385 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

I'll let others chime in with their own personal experience, but, related to care: if you keep your toenails trimmed and hang-dry your socks, they should last a long time.

I'm in the process of writing a "how to properly care for socks" tutorial that will focus on laundry. There are a few key tenants to taking care of socks:

1. Keep toenails trim. These are what rip through the end of socks.
2. Wash socks inside-out only with socks on a delicate cycle
3. Use a delicate laundry detergent (like what we offer from The Laundress)
4. HANG DRY -- never place in a dryer

These four things will dramatically increase the life of fine socks.

Remember - buy 6 pairs and they'll be discounted in the shopping cart.

Cheers!

Kirby

Thanks. I already do numbers 1 & 2. In the past I have always washed them with normal detergent and put them in the dryer. Since I only paid $1 for each pair I wasn't overly concerned with ruining them, but they have lasted me several years. I would certainly be more inclined to take the time to hang dry the socks if I spent more money. I really like the variety of colors the hanger project offers. The green and burgundy are awesome.
post #386 of 1283
Kirby,

Besides your great taste in fashion you have great taste in wine. The 2006 Cote du Rhone Fonsalette Rayas is excellent. Drink well!
post #387 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

The green and burgundy are awesome.

Yes, the Tartan Green and Burgundy are, in fact, my two favorite colors, with the Crimson Red coming in a close third.

There is a much more exciting variety of colors in the mid-calf, which I felt let themselves a little more to color than OTC. I still wear my nice shoes casually with jeans and enjoy dressing up my outfits with colored socks.

I'm thinking about adding a ribbed silk sock next... super soft, light, and durable but without the sheen of a traditional non-ribbed silk sock. We'll see...

Cheers,
Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #388 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Besides your great taste in fashion you have great taste in wine. The 2006 Cote du Rhone Fonsalette Rayas is excellent. Drink well!

Thanks! Actually drank better the next day, in my opinion. You clearly know your wine quite well to have spotted that!

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #389 of 1283
Kirby,

Any chance you will carry socks in wool?

JP
post #390 of 1283
Kirby,
Just placed an order for the grey pearl cufflinks as a gift for my brother's wedding. Just wanted to say I am very excited by them and being able to finally able help support your site.

Yours truly,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread