or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 13

post #181 of 1333
Yep. We still have free shipping, but other promotional codes void it.

As for color... that's tough. I'd say somewhere between Hermes Red and Mahogany. You might either just use the Renovateur or have to mix two cream polishes together to yield the correct pallet.

You're welcome to purchase a few colors and then return whichever you end up not using.

Beautiful shoes, though!

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #182 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

Yep. We still have free shipping, but other promotional codes void it.
As for color... that's tough. I'd say somewhere between Hermes Red and Mahogany. You might either just use the Renovateur or have to mix two cream polishes together to yield the correct pallet.
You're welcome to purchase a few colors and then return whichever you end up not using.
Beautiful shoes, though!

Thank you for the help, just placed another order. Will have to try the trees next smile.gif
post #183 of 1333

Would it be important to have a horsehair brush dedicated for the use of dusting and removing any dirt on shoes only? I'd imagine that it wouldn't be good to have brush to clean the dust / dirt, and then use that same brush for polishing when dust and dirt may be trapped inside the brush correct?

 

 

 

EDIT: I think I may order some shoe trees also when I place an order on the Saphir polishes. Regarding the sizing for the Ultra, your size chart seems to be different from the one provided on Woodlore's website.

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/ultra-shoe-tree.html#.UG-Wv1GRN8E

http://www.woodlore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=woodlore&Product_Code=M-Ultra-Shoe-Tree&Category_Code=Shoe-Trees-M

 

I'm an 8.5D/E and can't decide between the small or medium


Edited by OldManMachine - 10/5/12 at 10:00pm
post #184 of 1333
Thanks for the Saphir polishes Kirby!

By chance, do you offer the vintage cherry red polish by chance? I see you offer a hermes red cream, but no hermes red polish...
post #185 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Thanks for the Saphir polishes Kirby!
By chance, do you offer the vintage cherry red polish by chance? I see you offer a hermes red cream, but no hermes red polish...

Saphir does not make the Hermes Red in a wax polish...

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #186 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMachine View Post

Would it be important to have a horsehair brush dedicated for the use of dusting and removing any dirt on shoes only? I'd imagine that it wouldn't be good to have brush to clean the dust / dirt, and then use that same brush for polishing when dust and dirt may be trapped inside the brush correct?



EDIT: I think I may order some shoe trees also when I place an order on the Saphir polishes. Regarding the sizing for the Ultra, your size chart seems to be different from the one provided on Woodlore's website.
http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/ultra-shoe-tree.html#.UG-Wv1GRN8E
http://www.woodlore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=woodlore&Product_Code=M-Ultra-Shoe-Tree&Category_Code=Shoe-Trees-M

I'm an 8.5D/E and can't decide between the small or medium

Interesting... looks like they changed the sizing guidance on us but didn't say anything! I've updated the website.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #187 of 1333
Nevermind.
Edited by unrooted - 10/29/12 at 4:46pm
post #188 of 1333
Thanks, unrooted, for the message. The second sizing guide is for International Conversion and is based on an "E" Width, which is why it may give you a different recommendation.

Regarding the Reno'Mat, I know many professionals who use strait acetate to strip the polish off of their shoes. However, the Reno'Mat will always be safer to use.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #189 of 1333
The promo code BOO doesn't seem to be working. Am I supposed to enter it as a discount code, or is there a chance to enter it later?
post #190 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

The promo code BOO doesn't seem to be working. Am I supposed to enter it as a discount code, or is there a chance to enter it later?

The website does not allow one or more promotional codes to be used at the same time. This might be the problem. Email me if you continue to run into difficulty.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #191 of 1333

Kirby, you're killing me with the new crystal glasses. Beautiful.

post #192 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

The website does not allow one or more promotional codes to be used at the same time. This might be the problem. Email me if you continue to run into difficulty.

Thanks! Yes... a little special interest of mine.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #193 of 1333

I particularly like these two:

 

Though two patterns stood out as having a very interesting background: the one inherited from your grandmother, and the one used in Downton Abbey!

post #194 of 1333
FYI, if you have a size 13D Allen Edmonds shoe the Large Epic Shoetree is MUCH too small. I realize it is Woodlore/AE's fault, but you should have a better working knowledge of the stuff you sell.
Edited by unrooted - 11/6/12 at 7:28am
post #195 of 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrooted View Post

FYI, if you have a size 13D Allen Edmonds shoe the Large Epic Shoetree is MUCH too small. I realize it is Woodlore/AE's fault, but you should have a better working knowledge of the stuff you sell.

Unrooted - thank you for your note. We occasionally have trouble with the Woodlore Sizing Guidance. Unfortunately, the trouble is very inconsistent. However, we will be more than happy to exchange the trees for the proper size. Please email us at customerservice @ hangerproject.com and we'll take care of you.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread