or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 109

post #1621 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

It is pretty dark but not super dark. In daylight it is a dark navy. In low light, more akin to midnight blue.
Thanks - would you say they are suitable for a (slightly unconventional) black tie rig?

Just a heads up, when the promo code is applied the order reverts to the full charge, rather than the 50% pre-order charge
post #1622 of 1752
Would a Barrie 10.5D/Plaza 11D/Rain 10UK just copy over into a 10UK for these, or am I better off going with a 10.5UK?
post #1623 of 1752

I just wanted to mention that prices on the Suit and Jacket hangers have gone up quite significantly. 

 

Last month the jacket hangers were $22.95 each, now they are $29.95 each. On top of that, the "Alfred" finish is now an additional $3. If you favored the Alfred finish as I did, thats a nearly 30% increase.

 

Similarly, in the first half of the year the suit hangers were $24.95 and they too are now $29.95 each + $3 for the Alfred finish. 

(Odd how the suit and jacket hangers now cost the same. I see no reason why you wouldnt always opt for the suit hanger now.)

 

I sent an email about this because I found the sudden increase quite strange. Mr. Allison himself wrote back to say they "increasee pricing last month to help support our new free shipping on all orders over $125."

 

I find this kind of tactic quite annoying. Its not "free" shipping if you have just shifted the cost elsewhere - and the end result is a worse value.

 

Obviously there is lots of love for the Hanger Project here on Style Forum. Kirby posts frequently and they do make very good hangers - the best I have found. But I am unhappy with this change.

 

Ive seen Butler Luxury mentioned as a competitor to HP and I will likely try them now as a result of this. Does anyone else have recommendations for other brands? I am small so I am looking for hangers that are 17" or under in width.

post #1624 of 1752
Thread Starter 

Of interest to anyone who might be in, or can be in, New York City on Nov 7 (and because I know that half or more of you guys never read the announcements or look at the front page:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/509242/styleforum-and-a-h-present-the-proper-kit-trunk-show-in-nyc-nov-7-2015/0_50

 

Kirby is going to be holding a shoe cleaning clinic, so that you can used your shoes to shine light in your enemies eyes and therefore disrupt his shot before getting your own off.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #1625 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoewizz View Post

I just wanted to mention that prices on the Suit and Jacket hangers have gone up quite significantly. 

Last month the jacket hangers were $22.95 each, now they are $29.95 each. On top of that, the "Alfred" finish is now an additional $3. If you favored the Alfred finish as I did, thats a nearly 30% increase.

Similarly, in the first half of the year the suit hangers were $24.95 and they too are now $29.95 each + $3 for the Alfred finish. 
(Odd how the suit and jacket hangers now cost the same. I see no reason why you wouldnt always opt for the suit hanger now.)

I sent an email about this because I found the sudden increase quite strange. Mr. Allison himself wrote back to say they "increasee pricing last month to help support our new free shipping on all orders over $125."

I find this kind of tactic quite annoying. Its not "free" shipping if you have just shifted the cost elsewhere - and the end result is a worse value.

Obviously there is lots of love for the Hanger Project here on Style Forum. Kirby posts frequently and they do make very good hangers - the best I have found. But I am unhappy with this change.

Ive seen Butler Luxury mentioned as a competitor to HP and I will likely try them now as a result of this. Does anyone else have recommendations for other brands? I am small so I am looking for hangers that are 17" or under in width.
these are great points. their shoe shine sundays are missed
post #1626 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoewizz View Post

I just wanted to mention that prices on the Suit and Jacket hangers have gone up quite significantly. 

Last month the jacket hangers were $22.95 each, now they are $29.95 each. On top of that, the "Alfred" finish is now an additional $3. If you favored the Alfred finish as I did, thats a nearly 30% increase.

Similarly, in the first half of the year the suit hangers were $24.95 and they too are now $29.95 each + $3 for the Alfred finish. 
(Odd how the suit and jacket hangers now cost the same. I see no reason why you wouldnt always opt for the suit hanger now.)

I sent an email about this because I found the sudden increase quite strange. Mr. Allison himself wrote back to say they "increasee pricing last month to help support our new free shipping on all orders over $125."

I find this kind of tactic quite annoying. Its not "free" shipping if you have just shifted the cost elsewhere - and the end result is a worse value.

Obviously there is lots of love for the Hanger Project here on Style Forum. Kirby posts frequently and they do make very good hangers - the best I have found. But I am unhappy with this change.

Ive seen Butler Luxury mentioned as a competitor to HP and I will likely try them now as a result of this. Does anyone else have recommendations for other brands? I am small so I am looking for hangers that are 17" or under in width.

Shoewizz -

We increased the prices of our Suit and Jacket Hangers - the first price increase in over five years - by $5.00 to account for increases in manufacturing costs and to allow free shipping on all orders over $125. The cost of all of our hangers remained the same. Net, net, I'd say that this price increase is still in favor of our customers. Style Forum members are still invited to utilize our StyleForum 10% off discount code. We do not offer this discount to anyone else.

We are a small business and to continue to provide the highest level of service and product quality, we had to make this change. I'm sorry that you are so offended by it, so much that you felt compelled to complain here and threaten using a competitor.

I'm happy to waive the $3.00 premium for the "Alfred Finish," but again - the reason this hanger costs more is because it costs more to produce. This is the same reason that Natural Finish Maplewood hangers cost more than our standard finish - maplewood is expensive.

Hope this helps you understand why we increased these prices.

Regarding Shoe Shine Sunday - we took a few months off during the summer because of seasonally-low participation. We are looking to bringing it back soon, though.

Cheers,

Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #1627 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Their shoe shine sundays are missed

@ThinkDerm -

We are planning on resurrecting Shoe Shine Sunday. Participation just fell off during the summer, so we suspended it. The posts took quite a bit of work from @reddevil. What was it you liked / appreciated most about Shoe Shine Sunday? Looking to maybe evolve our approach, either doing shorter tutorial posts or something.

Cheers,

Kirby

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #1628 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoewizz View Post

 

Ive seen Butler Luxury mentioned as a competitor to HP and I will likely try them now as a result of this. Does anyone else have recommendations for other brands? I am small so I am looking for hangers that are 17" or under in width.

FWIW, I find this kind of thing annoying. you're going to ask for competitor recommendations on an affiliate thread that costs several thousands of dollars per month?  Vent about price increases all you want, but I think this crosses the line.

post #1629 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradp View Post
 

FWIW, I find this kind of thing annoying. you're going to ask for competitor recommendations on an affiliate thread that costs several thousands of dollars per month?  Vent about price increases all you want, but I think this crosses the line.

Sorry, I am not super familiar with the rules and practices of SF. Is the affiliate thread not the de facto official thread for a brand? It seems that 99% of discussion of the Hanger Project is happening in this thread. 

post #1630 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

@ThinkDerm -

We are planning on resurrecting Shoe Shine Sunday. Participation just fell off during the summer, so we suspended it. The posts took quite a bit of work from @reddevil. What was it you liked / appreciated most about Shoe Shine Sunday? Looking to maybe evolve our approach, either doing shorter tutorial posts or something.

Cheers,

Kirby

Red made the thread fun. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1631 of 1752
Ever wondered how our Yak Hair Brushes stand up next to other brushes? At the request of a customer, here is a short video showing why this is the best finishing brush.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #1632 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

Ever wondered how our Yak Hair Brushes stand up next to other brushes? At the request of a customer, here is a short video showing why this is the best finishing brush.

I see its meant to serve as a finishing brush, but can it be used to clean up neutral Saphir conditioner/lotion applied to a shoe? It's thickness of bristles and how many there are looks like it would be ideal to remove the thick conditioner.
post #1633 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

Ever wondered how our Yak Hair Brushes stand up next to other brushes? At the request of a customer, here is a short video showing why this is the best finishing brush.

I would love to see some videos of a shoe being shined with a yak hair brush. On the fence about getting one, want to see if it will improve the finished result above what I get with horse hair and maybe some light cloth. 

post #1634 of 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

@ThinkDerm -

We are planning on resurrecting Shoe Shine Sunday. Participation just fell off during the summer, so we suspended it. The posts took quite a bit of work from @reddevil. What was it you liked / appreciated most about Shoe Shine Sunday? Looking to maybe evolve our approach, either doing shorter tutorial posts or something.

Cheers,

Kirby

I'm not ThinkDerm, but in terms of feedback, I liked the SSS because it's not just instructional steps but pictures. The shoe care thread is devoted to how-tos, but when RedDevil walks through the process (especially the between pictures, pre-buffing. etc) you can follow the process and compare your shoes to know if you're doing it right to get 'the look'. I'm sure everyone on the forum has their own shine method, but I'm still honing my spit shine skills. It's nice to see a methodical approach that covers a variety of shoes and material types.
post #1635 of 1752
Can anyone talk about the clothes brushes available online? I would love to see a video of how to effectively use them if possible.

Cheers,
Justin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread