Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- [DELETE] Last post on 4/15/16 at 1:50pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD: BNWT Loro Piana AYLIT Soft Air 4-IN-1 Blue/Grey/Burgundy 100% Cashmere Light Scarf $1495 Last post on 3/25/16 at 9:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SD Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:47pm in Buying and Selling
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 2post #16 of 17438/31/08 at 3:40amQuote:I might be blind, but I didn't seen any hangers just for sportscoats.Quote:Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010They look nice, but a clamp style trouser bar is much better than a round foldover bar, IMO.post #17 of 17438/31/08 at 5:30amQuote:The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.post #18 of 17439/2/08 at 1:37pmQuote:Have a birthday coming up. Maybe I'll ask my sister or girlfriend to spring for some of these.
Need a couple coat hangers.
Freaking SF!! When I first came on here I thought these, although obviously well-made and worth it, were too expensive...
Hangars for your birthday? There is somethign wrong with that.post #19 of 17439/2/08 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 17439/2/08 at 8:03pmpost #21 of 17439/3/08 at 12:42amQuote:
The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.
This is great news. I've been looking for these for a while.post #22 of 17439/26/08 at 9:10pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=13
Hey Style Forum members-
In response to the current affiliate promotion, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is upping the ante by offering an additional 10% off all orders placed with the StyleForum Promotional Code (enter during checkout). This offer is only valid through the terms of the Affiliate Promotion, which ends October 23. Please reference "StyleForum" in the "How did you hear about us?" column.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our website!
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.post #23 of 174310/10/08 at 11:31amI would like to recommend these hangers to customers in Europe. To my knowledge there are no other companies that provide hangers which come close to ones from The Hanger Project. The contours of the hangers enable a perfect fit for your expensive coats, jackets and shirts. Also the hangers look so much better than the ones I have seen before. In total I ordered 8 suit hangers, 20 shirt hangers and 20 trouser bars. They were sent to Europe by USPS Priority Mail. By choosing this shipping method online tracking is provided. I have a lot of experience with internet businesses. Usually it takes quite some time before they answer my emails. This is not the case with The Hanger Project. Their service is really good. I will definitely buy some more suit hangers in the future!post #24 of 174310/29/08 at 12:23ampost #25 of 174310/29/08 at 12:28ampost #26 of 174310/29/08 at 1:43ampost #27 of 174310/30/08 at 8:53pmpost #28 of 174311/9/08 at 10:52pmpost #29 of 17432/4/09 at 4:55pmQuote:What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?
Great question! Sorry for any delay in responding. A customer today asked me just this question. When purchasing luxury wooden hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, the most accurate method of sizing your hanger is to measure directly across the back. The width of the hanger should never exceed this measurement, as you do not want the hanger ends to protrude into the sleeve. See the below illustration:
Another customer recently asked a question on why it's better for the suit hangers to be smaller than the width of the jacket, while it is okay for shirt hangers to be slightly larger. My response is copied below:Quote:As for the issue of the width, our Luxury Suit Hangers have a very wide shoulder flare"”2.5", which is 5x wider than most hangers. Because of the abundance of shoulder support that these provide, they are still very effective, even if a little on the narrow side. It is better to err on the side of slightly too narrow than slightly too large because of the risk of damage to the sleeve fabric if the hanger protrudes past the edge of the shoulder (and into the sleeve head). The risk is not large, but it exists and can be easily prevented without any compromise to support.
Our luxury shirt hangers, on the other hand, are much more narrow"”they are approximately 3/8" thick. The hanger, therefore, relies much more on the support of the width than girth. Also, having the hanger extend slightly beyond the shoulder does not risk damage to shirts (fabric is less delicate) and further helps eliminate shoulder puckering by offering a larger surface area on which to disperse the weight of the hanger.
Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.
Kirby Allison's hanger Project
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.
We are working on a luxury garment bag, which should be ready hopefully within the next month or two. We are also looking to add a premium garment brush and a complete line of luxury women's hangers. And don't forget to take a look at our newest item--our MORTIMER Shoe Horn.post #30 of 17432/4/09 at 5:29pm
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Currently, there are 1542 Active Users (271 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Belstaff Cougar Small 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 18 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 20 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 22 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...