Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:16 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SD Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:47pm in Buying and Selling
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 2post #16 of 16928/31/08 at 3:40amQuote:I might be blind, but I didn't seen any hangers just for sportscoats.Quote:Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010They look nice, but a clamp style trouser bar is much better than a round foldover bar, IMO.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 16928/31/08 at 5:30amQuote:The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.post #18 of 16929/2/08 at 1:37pmQuote:Have a birthday coming up. Maybe I'll ask my sister or girlfriend to spring for some of these.
Need a couple coat hangers.
Freaking SF!! When I first came on here I thought these, although obviously well-made and worth it, were too expensive...
Hangars for your birthday? There is somethign wrong with that.post #19 of 16929/2/08 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 16929/2/08 at 8:03pmpost #21 of 16929/3/08 at 12:42amQuote:
The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.
This is great news. I've been looking for these for a while.post #22 of 16929/26/08 at 9:10pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=13
Hey Style Forum members-
In response to the current affiliate promotion, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is upping the ante by offering an additional 10% off all orders placed with the StyleForum Promotional Code (enter during checkout). This offer is only valid through the terms of the Affiliate Promotion, which ends October 23. Please reference "StyleForum" in the "How did you hear about us?" column.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our website!
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.post #23 of 169210/10/08 at 11:31amI would like to recommend these hangers to customers in Europe. To my knowledge there are no other companies that provide hangers which come close to ones from The Hanger Project. The contours of the hangers enable a perfect fit for your expensive coats, jackets and shirts. Also the hangers look so much better than the ones I have seen before. In total I ordered 8 suit hangers, 20 shirt hangers and 20 trouser bars. They were sent to Europe by USPS Priority Mail. By choosing this shipping method online tracking is provided. I have a lot of experience with internet businesses. Usually it takes quite some time before they answer my emails. This is not the case with The Hanger Project. Their service is really good. I will definitely buy some more suit hangers in the future!post #24 of 169210/29/08 at 12:23ampost #25 of 169210/29/08 at 12:28ampost #26 of 169210/29/08 at 1:43ampost #27 of 169210/30/08 at 8:53pmpost #28 of 169211/9/08 at 10:52pmpost #29 of 16922/4/09 at 4:55pmQuote:What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?
Great question! Sorry for any delay in responding. A customer today asked me just this question. When purchasing luxury wooden hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, the most accurate method of sizing your hanger is to measure directly across the back. The width of the hanger should never exceed this measurement, as you do not want the hanger ends to protrude into the sleeve. See the below illustration:
Another customer recently asked a question on why it's better for the suit hangers to be smaller than the width of the jacket, while it is okay for shirt hangers to be slightly larger. My response is copied below:Quote:As for the issue of the width, our Luxury Suit Hangers have a very wide shoulder flare"”2.5", which is 5x wider than most hangers. Because of the abundance of shoulder support that these provide, they are still very effective, even if a little on the narrow side. It is better to err on the side of slightly too narrow than slightly too large because of the risk of damage to the sleeve fabric if the hanger protrudes past the edge of the shoulder (and into the sleeve head). The risk is not large, but it exists and can be easily prevented without any compromise to support.
Our luxury shirt hangers, on the other hand, are much more narrow"”they are approximately 3/8" thick. The hanger, therefore, relies much more on the support of the width than girth. Also, having the hanger extend slightly beyond the shoulder does not risk damage to shirts (fabric is less delicate) and further helps eliminate shoulder puckering by offering a larger surface area on which to disperse the weight of the hanger.
Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.
Kirby Allison's hanger Project
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.
We are working on a luxury garment bag, which should be ready hopefully within the next month or two. We are also looking to add a premium garment brush and a complete line of luxury women's hangers. And don't forget to take a look at our newest item--our MORTIMER Shoe Horn.
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Currently, there are 1669 Active Users (412 Members and 1257 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 56 seconds ago
- › FS: NWOT, Cecil Gee London, Made in Italy, Dove Grey Wool Elastique... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1