Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- CONSOLIDATED! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - Pocket Squares, Ties, Shirts, Pants, Jackets... Last post on 11/17/15 at 5:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 2post #16 of 16628/31/08 at 3:40amQuote:I might be blind, but I didn't seen any hangers just for sportscoats.Quote:Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010They look nice, but a clamp style trouser bar is much better than a round foldover bar, IMO.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 16628/31/08 at 5:30amQuote:The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.post #18 of 16629/2/08 at 1:37pmQuote:Have a birthday coming up. Maybe I'll ask my sister or girlfriend to spring for some of these.
Need a couple coat hangers.
Freaking SF!! When I first came on here I thought these, although obviously well-made and worth it, were too expensive...
Hangars for your birthday? There is somethign wrong with that.post #19 of 16629/2/08 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 16629/2/08 at 8:03pmpost #21 of 16629/3/08 at 12:42amQuote:
The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.
This is great news. I've been looking for these for a while.post #22 of 16629/26/08 at 9:10pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=13
Hey Style Forum members-
In response to the current affiliate promotion, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is upping the ante by offering an additional 10% off all orders placed with the StyleForum Promotional Code (enter during checkout). This offer is only valid through the terms of the Affiliate Promotion, which ends October 23. Please reference "StyleForum" in the "How did you hear about us?" column.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our website!
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.post #23 of 166210/10/08 at 11:31amI would like to recommend these hangers to customers in Europe. To my knowledge there are no other companies that provide hangers which come close to ones from The Hanger Project. The contours of the hangers enable a perfect fit for your expensive coats, jackets and shirts. Also the hangers look so much better than the ones I have seen before. In total I ordered 8 suit hangers, 20 shirt hangers and 20 trouser bars. They were sent to Europe by USPS Priority Mail. By choosing this shipping method online tracking is provided. I have a lot of experience with internet businesses. Usually it takes quite some time before they answer my emails. This is not the case with The Hanger Project. Their service is really good. I will definitely buy some more suit hangers in the future!post #24 of 166210/29/08 at 12:23ampost #25 of 166210/29/08 at 12:28ampost #26 of 166210/29/08 at 1:43ampost #27 of 166210/30/08 at 8:53pmpost #28 of 166211/9/08 at 10:52pmpost #29 of 16622/4/09 at 4:55pmQuote:What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?
Great question! Sorry for any delay in responding. A customer today asked me just this question. When purchasing luxury wooden hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, the most accurate method of sizing your hanger is to measure directly across the back. The width of the hanger should never exceed this measurement, as you do not want the hanger ends to protrude into the sleeve. See the below illustration:
Another customer recently asked a question on why it's better for the suit hangers to be smaller than the width of the jacket, while it is okay for shirt hangers to be slightly larger. My response is copied below:Quote:As for the issue of the width, our Luxury Suit Hangers have a very wide shoulder flare"”2.5", which is 5x wider than most hangers. Because of the abundance of shoulder support that these provide, they are still very effective, even if a little on the narrow side. It is better to err on the side of slightly too narrow than slightly too large because of the risk of damage to the sleeve fabric if the hanger protrudes past the edge of the shoulder (and into the sleeve head). The risk is not large, but it exists and can be easily prevented without any compromise to support.
Our luxury shirt hangers, on the other hand, are much more narrow"”they are approximately 3/8" thick. The hanger, therefore, relies much more on the support of the width than girth. Also, having the hanger extend slightly beyond the shoulder does not risk damage to shirts (fabric is less delicate) and further helps eliminate shoulder puckering by offering a larger surface area on which to disperse the weight of the hanger.
Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.
Kirby Allison's hanger Project
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.
We are working on a luxury garment bag, which should be ready hopefully within the next month or two. We are also looking to add a premium garment brush and a complete line of luxury women's hangers. And don't forget to take a look at our newest item--our MORTIMER Shoe Horn.
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Currently, there are 1577 Active Users (312 Members and 1265 Guests)
- › BNWT Wrangler - size 31 1 minute ago
- › FS:Nudie High Kai - Size 32 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Rogue Territory Stanton - size 28 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Big John Rare - Size 30 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 22 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 38 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories