or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do You Like My New Brioni?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do You Like My New Brioni? - Page 2

post #16 of 50
Vintage Brioni from the 60's and 70's tends to be either very tacky or very cool. I'd say this is the latter.
post #17 of 50
I like it.
post #18 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
Vintage Brioni from the 60's and 70's tends to be either very tacky or very cool. I'd say this is the latter.
It seems Brionis of those eras are rather more difficult to find compared to say, Oxxford. This jacket also has the original "Roman Style" hanger.
post #19 of 50
Where will you wear it, LK?
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
Vintage Brioni from the 60's and 70's tends to be either very tacky or very cool. I'd say this is the latter.

Yes, I like this one quite a bit. Some have a more (what I would call) western style that I don't like. In particular, there's a back seam treatment that seems common on Brioni jackets of that era. It has two seams that start wide at the shoulders and then curve in toward each other, running closer together and parallel near the bottom of the jacket. Yuck.
post #21 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Where will you wear it, LK?

I am envisioning it with slightly boot-cut grey flannel dress trousers, black Chelseas and a brown sweater. Perhaps my green alligator skin belt.
post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I am envisioning it with slightly boot-cut grey flannel dress trousers, black Chelseas and a brown sweater. Perhaps my green alligator skin belt.

Sounds like a good pairing. Would the sweater be a turtleneck? Where did you find this?
post #23 of 50
Thread Starter 
I got these things at an estate sale. Some of my favorite items have been estate sale finds--one simply can't get these sorts of things today even if one went high-end custom.
post #24 of 50
I was expecting something outrageously unwearable on opening this thread, but that jacket seems very wearable for a walk in the countryside or similar occasion.

LK, you're slacking!!
post #25 of 50
Its quite like it...its unique but still very wearable.
post #26 of 50
I like it LB!!! Congrats
post #27 of 50
huh. Reminds me of a suit we currently have listed on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130244623865

Funny thing is, I don't think ours is more than 7 or 8 years old - still new with tags and has the current Brioni scripting on the label and lining. Similar funky stitching - admittedly the stitching doesn't show very well - we didn't use a flash.
post #28 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post
huh. Reminds me of a suit we currently have listed on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130244623865

Funny thing is, I don't think ours is more than 7 or 8 years old - still new with tags and has the current Brioni scripting on the label and lining. Similar funky stitching - admittedly the stitching doesn't show very well - we didn't use a flash.

That looks a bit older than 7 or 8 years, I think. I know they did those Western styled details in the '70s, but I'm not sure when they ended that.

The stitching on my jacket is very obvious even without a camera flash. It's something you can instantly see if a person is wearing it.
post #29 of 50
It may be, but not by much. It's certainly not from the 70's or 80's - I'm not sure when exactly Brioni changed their scripting to the current font style, in addition the inside fabric/size label is the same kind they currently use - not the old generic US/EUR size label (which doesn't indicate fabric content at all). I believe they switched that over some time in the mid to late 90's.
post #30 of 50
Thread Starter 
I've seen two kinds of Brioni script. The original Brioni script was a kind of Gothic lettering with a polo player logo. It seems after that came the script that we now associate with the brand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do You Like My New Brioni?